PDA

View Full Version : Moon phase

Pecheresse
February 19th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Another topic that I am sure has been discussed a gazillion times...

When you do your usual trim, do you pay attention to the Moon phase?

Personally I would do it while the moon is waxing because I assume it would sorta influence faster growth. However it seems that cutting the day of full moon (or the day before/after) is also really good at boosting it and making it overall healthier.

Being a Libra, I can't make up my mind. Beautiful long haired women, what's your secret?

jojo
February 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I have done in the past but I didnt see much difference. I just trim when my hair needs it, but trying to go 6 months in-between this year to try and gain some serious length!

Madora
February 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Trimming and the moon..per "George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair" (Doubleday 1981):

..."However, when hair was cut during the first quarter of the moon, the rate of regrowth was excellent.

There is actually a scientific basis to this. The moon has a magnetic infuence on hair just as it has on the tides. During the first quarter of the moon, a person on earth has an extremely opposite electrical pull to the moon itself. Electric static goes through the body, through the hair, and becomes immersed into the atmosphere. The hair actually serves as a conductor of electricity, and breakage and splitting are minimized. During the dying moon, or last quarter, the atmosphere and the moon are the same electrically, there is less magnetism, or static, the electricity is held in the hair, and consequently, there is more damage and splitting"...

Pecheresse
February 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Interesting Madora! thank you :)

Amber_Maiden
February 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Nope. I microtrim whenever my hair needs it... So there might be some moon phase going on or there might not.

Ligeia_13
February 21st, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'm not particularly anal about it but if my hair looks like it needs a trim, I'll have a look in case there's a good time coming up. Positive thinking can't hurt, right? :)

TeaGarden
February 21st, 2012, 01:53 PM
I trim mine whenever I get the chance to see my friend/hair stylist. He lives a few hours away and is the only person I trust to cut my hair now. (I'm too nervous to trim it myself and other people take way too much length off.) So it only happens every 6 months or so. I have no idea what phase the moon is in!

gazelle
February 21st, 2012, 02:05 PM
I trim mine usually near to new moon (first quarter). And this is off topic but I make the epilation after seeing the full moon.

Because the I was told that any thing on the world tend to grow in the first quarter, the plants etc. And the hair
So: trim in the first quarter but don't take the other hairs. They may come back stronger and thicker :)

Anje
February 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mandora, I'm curious. Do you have journal citation information for that? I'd be curious to read the original research.

yoite
February 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
very useful topic, i have thought a lot of it too :)

FrozenBritannia
February 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
There is a huge thread about this somewhere in here, discussing the different methods (there is the Moroccan one I think, and the farmers almanac one, and at least one more) with specific dates even, it is really neat!

1hunky5monkeys
February 21st, 2012, 04:43 PM
There is a huge thread about this somewhere in here, discussing the different methods (there is the Moroccan one I think, and the farmers almanac one, and at least one more) with specific dates even, it is really neat!

Here's the link.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119

FrozenBritannia
February 21st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Here's the link.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119

Thank you! :)

charalito
February 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
I don't remember where I got this information, because I marked it in my calendar without a source: "The best day for cutting/trimming is the third day after a new moon and the third day before a full moon." Coincides with what Madora said regarding new moons.