PDA

View Full Version : Brewer's yeast, wheat germs and other food supplements

Pecheresse
February 19th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I heard food supplements are packed with vitamins that help grow hair super fast in very little time. (like 3 inches in 2 months or stuff like that). I'm being a tad skeptical here, but I thought since I just started a daily cure of wheat germs and brewer's yeast (no pill though, just sort of a trail mix to put all over my food) why not putting it directly into my shampoo as well? Have you guys tried it? I'm pretty confident it does good directly massaged onto the roots. I also think it must be acting as a nice soft natural peeling so we'll see if it's efficient :cool:

Kelikea
February 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Nutritional yeast would be better than brewer's yeast, unless the brewer's yeast was primarily grown. If it is true brewer's yeast, it is a by-product of the brewing process and does not contain as many of the vitamins as the nutritional yeast.

I don't really see it being that great to add to your shampoo. It would be better eaten, great on popcorn!

Pecheresse
February 19th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sighs.....

Popcorn? :D

freecelt
February 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Mh hm! * a second for the popcorn you can sprinkle on a bit of wheat grass juice powder while you're at it. Yum! :)

serin blackwood
February 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Nutritional yeast (also called Engevita yeast), garlic powder, taco seasoning, salt... that's my popcorn seasoning. I keep it mixed up in a jar and also put it on steamed veggies... mmmmm!

Savahead
February 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Brewer's yeast is also a great hang over preventer. Mix it in with some juice before bed after a night of over indulging. You will feel better in the morning. Lots of vitamins in the yeast.

As far as putting it in your shampoo, The only reason I could see for this is if you want yeast growing on your head.

Pecheresse
February 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Brewer's yeast is also a great hang over preventer. Mix it in with some juice before bed after a night of over indulging. You will feel better in the morning. Lots of vitamins in the yeast.

As far as putting it in your shampoo, The only reason I could see for this is if you want yeast growing on your head.

Great tip for the hang over preventer! Wish I'd known that before. Same goes for the yeast on the head, man.... where is my mind sometimes....