PDA

View Full Version : if your hair could speak, what would it say?

StellaKatherine
February 19th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Haha, sorry for the long upcoming post :D

Before coming to this lovely forum i started to notice how my hair was becoming dryer and dryer and even tho i didn't have much of splits ( yet ) my ends didn't look good at all and i even started to hate my hair and thinking of maybe cutting the whole thing off again. But i didn't like how my hair looked shorter. So i decided i really needed somehow to figure out how to make my hair look better, as it once looked very good even at classical lenght.

So i found this community, and i read a bit but didn't first do anything to make the change happen, then joined and decided that's it i will try the things you guys are recommending. The worst thing could happen is that i will need to cut my hair anyway.

Yesterday i was alone home, i put an extra virgin oil on my entire hair and leave for at least 4 hours. I went to sauna where i first washed the oil off with warm water, shampoo, put some conditioner on and wraped my hair in the towel and went to sauna to seat for a few minutes and then washed it off. I then put a moisturiser on my ends and carefully went thro my hair with my fingers. Let my hair dry by itself, then with the wide tooth brush went thro it and finished with a boar bristle brush the way Madora recommended - thank you so much ! :cheese:

And i look at my hair and sadenly see how my not so long ago dry and unhealthy ends started to curl!!!! And at that moment the thought came to my mind, that if my hair could talk at that moment it would say :

mrrrr meow

my hair enjoyed everything i did !

Ps: My hair 11 days ago, can see how dry my ends look even tho the photo is little dark. The ends didn't move much just were looking streight down.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429091_317339744983126_100001213083413_947677_1430 108090_n.jpg

My hair today, it's not perfect, but i think it looks like going into right dirrection and i love it :D
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423953_325104394206661_100001213083413_963530_2092 749327_n.jpg

So if your hair could speack, what would it say to you right now ?

jacqueline101
February 19th, 2012, 07:08 AM
If my hair could speak it would say I love the monistat and oilings. I love the changes you've made since you've joined the forum. I like trying new up dos. I love the way you pamper me. I don't care for bobbi jo my cat sneezing on me.

Avital88
February 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM
what a difference! imagine what your hair can look like with this good care on a regular basis.
My hair doesnt talk,it only sings in the wind:D

Nedertane
February 19th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Probably something along the lines of: "WHY U NO JOIN LONG HAIR FORUM SOONER?!" With accompanying "why u no" hand gestures. :p

pink.sara
February 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
"Look there's alot of us so 1cm a month is a perfectly reasonable amount for me to grow, stop complaining about it already!"

Safira
February 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
"Look there's alot of us so 1cm a month is a perfectly reasonable amount for me to grow, stop completing about it already!"

:lol:

Why oh why there isnīt "like"-buttons?

Kristin
February 19th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Please do not go completely cone-free again. Did you see me last night? You let me down and danced the night away and I hardly tangled at all! That said: Quit it with the curling iron. You're using it a bit too much lately and IT BURNS.

Georgies
February 19th, 2012, 08:43 AM
OP - your hair looks amazing!

I'm pretty sure my hair would say "will you just leave me alone and let me grow already"?! I'm just now getting over the new LHC-er trying too many things at once syndrome. Time to try benign neglect, but that's sure easier said than done!

Silverbrumby
February 19th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Would you just learn to love me for who I am right now and have faith that things will get better as we learn. ps love the improved hair care routines.

my2cats1
February 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
"gulp gulp gulp gulp gulp.....yum." (it's coated in Nightblooming's Panecea right now.)

gracenotes
February 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Probably something along the lines of: "WHY U NO JOIN LONG HAIR FORUM SOONER?!" With accompanying "why u no" hand gestures. :p

:laugh: Oh my goodness, that's excellent.

StellaKatherine, what a difference! Your hair looks beautiful.

My hair is probably grumbling extensively about the hard water here. But it's also saying, "Thank you for feeding me!" as I baby the ends.

NormaJean
February 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
"dude. Make Up Your Mind."

ETA: Hah. I wrote that in all caps, to emphasize my hair yelling at me, and the forum automatically changes it. That's great.

Ishje
February 19th, 2012, 09:41 AM
my hair is probably going to whine about the bleach, it might even want me to cut a bit ;)
it will be happy with the routine changes in the last few years though.

lapushka
February 19th, 2012, 09:42 AM
What my hair would say? "Continue to rub me the right way, and I'll be nice to you." :lol:

StellaKatherine
February 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Oh i love all your hair talk! :cheer:

what a difference! imagine what your hair can look like with this good care on a regular basis.
My hair doesnt talk,it only sings in the wind:D

Yeah that is what i thought! From now on i will see less huge and noticible improvements, but i'm happy i take the photo before started changing as it will always remind me of how it was and how my hair loves it! It is kinda odd as well, as for a while i was just thinking how i would want my hair to be thicker and such, but today i love my hair just the way it is! :)

Haha my hair is always in a braid when windy weathet, it just always wants to jump into my face :)

blondie9912
February 19th, 2012, 10:12 AM
"Why do you expect me to look perfect after only 6 months of proper care? Do you remember that you coloured me 4 times in one week this summer?! And calm down with the obsessive combing sometimes, do your homework instead!"

Tota
February 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Would you stop looking at me all the time? You're making me nervous and I can't grow when I' nervous ;)

EtherealDoll
February 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
My hair would probably say: "Why did you bleach me if you didn't want to be light blonde?! You could have achieved very light brown/dark blonde without the damn bleach!!!"

Neneka
February 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hmm.. My hair is not very old. It's a bob so that makes it kind of a teenager, right? Almost all of you have longer and older hair so I think that makes them more mature. ;)

I think mine just hates me right now. I used hair powder on it a couple of days ago because I went to a party. It's also cranky because I had to use scissors on it today (I trimmed my bangs) and it can't wait to grow up so it could hang out with hair sticks. It's too young for that now. :)

Madora
February 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
My hair (in a frosty, snippety way) "Well, Madora, now do you believe EVOO is good for me? What took you so long?!"

LauraDay
February 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I don't think my hair would be on speaking terms with me to be honest! Too much previous abuse.

However all will soon change now I've joined LHC :)

EdG
February 19th, 2012, 11:01 AM
"Ouch! Be careful with that comb!" :steam

Ed

Amber_Maiden
February 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Glad that your hair is happy now!!! I used to feel the same way about the ends of my hair- no matter how much I cut they were dry and looked nasty- and then I started doing some more things from here, and my hair is now happy! The entire length is happy! :D

Right now it would probably say "Lightening... Lightening.... Waiting..." Because I'm lightening my hair with a honey treatment.

Sammich
February 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Remove this... THING from me! I can't breathe!! Halp!!!

(in extentions)

fridgee
February 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mine would say 'it's about bl**dy time you stopped frying me everyday and let me soak up all that lovely moisture! I feel so much better now!

OP: what a difference, so glad you found something that worked!

ladyfey
February 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
"one day I will kill something, I am watching and waiting." (My hair is a little scary and aggresive) ;)

rakueru
February 19th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Mine would probably say, "Why haven't you figured out what I need from you yet?" >.<||

cfreya
February 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Mine would say thank you for stopping bleaching me and burning me with the straighteners AND blowfryer! Finally !

Freckled.Thing
February 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
"Don't cut me! I'm not boring!"

My close friend recently dyed her (above shoulder length) hair bright pink, and I've been feeling kind of down about my plain, rather uninteresting locks.

beachgirlla
February 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Would you just learn to love me for who I am right now and have faith that things will get better as we learn. ps love the improved hair care routines.

LOL this what my hair would say

camara
February 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM
'Look, there she goes again, tries the blowdrier on that cowlick. Muahaha! Hey eyebrows, when was the last time she plucked you again?'

*eyebrows* 'Only yesterday. Why do you ask?'

'Just wondering. Does she think because her eyebrows are more neat now, she has to do something about our biggest cowlick?'

*eyebrows* 'She&#180;s just plain old vain, we tell you.'

'I feel spring coming. Guess I&#180;ll grow a little.'

*left ear* 'You are tickling me!'

'Hey now, do as right ear does, it never complains!'

*nose* 'Please grow faster, I miss you.'

*camara* 'Will you all be quiet for a moment please? Trying to focus here.'

'Don&#180;t you think you&#180;ll flatten out our cowlick, ever.'

darklyndsea
February 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
My hair? All profanity, all the time. :P

nicolina
February 19th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Would you stop looking at me all the time? You're making me nervous and I can't grow when I' nervous ;)

:D Love it!

My hair would say: "PLEASE for the love of GOD would you put me in something other than a cinnabun? It gets so BORING looking the same every day! PS - thanks for the coconut oil. Good move."

Great idea for a thread....

NormaJean
February 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM
"Don't cut me! I'm not boring!"

My close friend recently dyed her (above shoulder length) hair bright pink, and I've been feeling kind of down about my plain, rather uninteresting locks.

I lopped mine off from waist to chin (sold the tail for $300) and dyed it super bright jolly rancher red. It was awesome. It took 5 hours and cost over $300 (there went the money I got from selling the tail!) to do.... and then getting it touched up took another $200..... I did it one more time after that and decided it wasn't sustainable. So I ended up cutting it all off to about an inch long.

THAT PART SUCKED. It took about three years to get back to where it is now, just hovering at BSL. There were horrible mullet stages. Stylists who convinced me to let them use thinning shears. Layers that like to tangle and split.

Still, I'm not sorry I did it. I always wanted to do something fun and crazy with it before I got too old to look like an ornery punk. It was fun. Nonetheless, there hasn't been a day in the last three years I haven't considered how many OTHER cool things I could have been doing with my classic length hair by now. ;) Just things to consider when the boredom bug hits. :-D

I've lopped off lots of length in the past before this last one too. I was at knee once and went to shoulders, and went from tailbone to one of those pseudo-chealsea styles with the spikes in the back and chin length fringe. You'd think I'd learn..... That's probably why my hair would be yelling at me to make up my mind!

lippleyluv
February 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
He he...:eyebrows: It would say "Resistance Is Futile!!!"

dwell_in_safety
February 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM
"Why did you ever dye me? You know what, just to spite you I am going to grow juuuuuuust slowly enough for you to get frustrated with me. OW. Stop combing so roughly. OWOWOWOWOWOWOW!"

StellaKatherine
February 19th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I didn't know how will you guys respond to this thread, but i simply love all your hair talks! Everyones hair sadenly has an identity! Awesome !

Haha i think before coming to this forums my hair would be little mad at me for many things. I would go outside at winter time without a hat, and my hair would have thought " Yes, you do put woolen socks to protect your feets, will put a nice long coat and scarf with mittens, all warm and cousy, but nothing for us .. Yeah let us freeze, we are just a hair, yep... :( ".

PinkyCat
February 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM
You will bow down to me! To MEEEEEE!
I will consume your every thought!
You will be MINE!!! Muahahahaha!!!

StellaKatherine
February 19th, 2012, 01:28 PM
You will bow down to me! To MEEEEEE!
I will consume your every thought!
You will be MINE!!! Muahahahaha!!!

Hahaha, that is good! Your hair has some attitude towards world domination , First it will start with you and then the rest :D

pepperminttea
February 19th, 2012, 01:33 PM
"Would you just stop with the damn swimming?!"

Answer: No. :p

spidermom
February 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
"Thank you so much for letting me be myself."

Miss Maisie
February 19th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Today my hair would say "WASH ME ALREADY!" It's due to be washed this evening.

In general though, it would probably say either "Thank you for throwing away that awful flat iron" or "These cowlicks in the back are here to stay, woman. Get used to it and love me anyway."

Naphthylamine
February 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
"Just get me a decent bottle of shampoo. I'm sick of being washed with overdiluted free samples"

RapunzelKat
February 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Ha ha, these are great! Fun idea for a thread, OP. Your hair is lovely :D

My hair would say: Do not touch me with protein. Do not forget my daily EVOO. If you do, I will get my revenge by tangling beyond all redemption. Muahahaha! :twisted:

PixxieStix
February 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I doubt my hair would have words to express all we have been through together, instead, I think it would wrap me up in a big comforting hug as its way of telling me "It's good to be back."

jeanniet
February 19th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Probably "Make up your mind, woman!" I like to experiment. :D

savannahlove
February 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
"Stop using that awful flat iron."
I only straighten my hair once every couple weeks or so just as a treat to myself because I think it looks really nice, but I can't help but feel slightly guilty. :/

BeccaAngel
February 19th, 2012, 05:06 PM
i don't know if my hair would say much, but I know my scalp would! i think it would say, "No more tension or chemicals PLEASE!" which i did stop with the coloring a while back, in which now my scalp is saying, "Thanks! Now Recover me!" that I'm doing a little at a time (i have psoriasis and eczema on my scalp) with medicated shampoo and No more chemicals to my hair. Wish me luck! :)

IndigoOptimist
February 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM
"Oh my God, thank you for not dying me any more!!!"
For about 5 years the longest time my hair wasn't dyed/bleached (and usually with a permanent dye) was 3 months :s

LittleOrca
February 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM
"Look, I'm growing as fast as I can.... Shut up."

Monkey962
February 19th, 2012, 06:37 PM
"I wouldn't taper as much if you'd stop doing that stupid folded braid thing when you go to the gym. It looks weird anyway."

Lissandria
February 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
"Oil me! And thanks for letting me get back to my wild, curly ways."

rowie
February 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
My multi-textured hair would say "Continue to use different products for every different textures on my head, we are all ethnically diverse hence different products with different TLC! " ughhhh they can't all unite with just one kind of product.

A. Correira
February 19th, 2012, 07:36 PM
My hair would probably ask me why I cut all of my hair off a few monthes ago. But it would probably also note that it is very grateful that I have started taking amazing care of it!

NormaJean
February 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
My multi-textured hair would say "Continue to use different products for every different textures on my head, we are all ethnically diverse hence different products with different TLC! " ughhhh they can't all unite with just one kind of product.

Oh no, the dreaded schizophrenic hair. Mine has bouts with that too, though in my case, the hair's just being a brat.

rena
February 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM
If mine could speak to me, it would sound like a split personality between the new growth and old ends.

New growth: I feel pretty, oh so pretty, La, la, la, la, la, la, la, laaaaaa...^_^

Old ends: Gaaah!!!! How could you do this to me??? I need something to drink every five seconds, don't you know???? Heeeelp meeee! :'(.

StellaKatherine, your hair looks like it is singing how pretty it feels.

blondie9912
February 19th, 2012, 11:14 PM
These are too funny!:lol:

sunshine-locks
February 19th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Mine would probably be angry with me right now; "Why won't you wash me properly? Why did you cut me? Why did you use that weird purple goop on me??' Poor thing D:

HintOfMint
February 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Oh many things. This is its personality at the moment.

My hair: *Silent treatment*
Me: Baby, what'd I do??
My hair: You know what you did.
Me: Oh come on, don't be like that, what would you like?
My hair: If you paid any attention to what I like, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?
Me: I use CWC, I use oil, I dampbun, what more would you like???
My hair: ... Hmph.
Me: How about a protein treatment and that chelating shampoo you've been wanting for a month??
My hair: Ugh, fine.
Me: How was that?
My hair: We'll see.

Most of the time, it's a cat: RAWWWERRRRRR!

Seriously, sometimes I feel like it's my pet, this great hairy thing with a tail living on my head.

Acid
February 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM
"if you complain anymore about my growth rate, im going to grow a fist and punch you with it":p

MaryMarx
February 21st, 2012, 12:44 AM
Oh it looks really good!

Mine would say: THANK YOU, you have finally stopped abusing me. I will now reward you. :disco:

Milui Elenath
February 21st, 2012, 01:38 AM
"Look, I know I'm changing and that I shock you sometimes with my length but I'm really disappointed in you failing to put me (securely) up before cleaning the bathroom floor. You should have known that I would come down when you leant over and I really didn't appreciate being slapped against that disgusting wet floor. It would have taken you thirty seconds to get a stick and then you had to wash me prematurely and how much time did that take? Sigh, anyway I suppose that is enough on the issue I expect you've learned your lesson."

. . . wow my hair is condescending and a nagger!

"What was that?"

white.chocolate
February 21st, 2012, 01:55 AM
" :dizzy: Ugh... I'm thirsty..." maybe. :)

Aggemam
February 21st, 2012, 01:59 AM
My hair would say: "I'm so happy the way you treat me now but I still just don't understand why you had to be in your end 20s before learning how to treat me! And why did you treat me so horrible all these years, imagine how long and beautiful I could've been if you'd made an effort to treat me nice!"

C.H.
February 21st, 2012, 03:40 AM
Let me out!

raveness13
February 21st, 2012, 03:59 AM
"I feel like misbehaving today. I was good and lay flat for all of yesterday when you had nowhere to go. But, because you have to go out today, I will wave in the most awkward places!!! You must now fix your awkwardly wavy bangs!!! :evil: MWAHAHAHA!!

Henrietta
February 21st, 2012, 04:11 AM
"1. Stop thinking about me all the time. You thought I don't know? Ha, I am so close to the head that your brain told me everything :P
2. Don't worry, my dry ends will be ok with time, just trim me slowly.
3. I love you too."

:)

tigereye
February 21st, 2012, 04:29 AM
"You know, I'm getting bored with this bun. I'm going to fall out of your most secure bun, so you have to pick another one to head to the gym with.."

removes stick and sticks in a fork instead

"dammit."

AcornMystic
February 21st, 2012, 04:35 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that my hair would say, "Thank you, after all these years, since your being a pre-teen, for deciding to now, as of last December, love me for who I am, and in full at that, and not who I was before and trying to cover me up with dye to make me that way. That's the best thing you could have done for me. Oh, and this whole nutrition focused diet you've decided to put me on, great job. You've stopped poisoning your scalp, covering me with plastic, and started making me, softer, stronger and more fierce. Oh, and... I also know you feel guilty sometimes with this unbridled passionate love affair that we have, how you constantly stroke me for comfort and admire my length as it grows. You're afraid that it will only get worse as I grow, but your husband supports it so really, try to think of it as a threesome, he wants to get in on my TLC, too, he even measured my length for you on your honeymoon and found out how long I'd need to be to reach knee.:eyebrows: so don't worry about it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Oh, and keep up with the stroking, it helps spread the oils:D"

Yes... my hair and I have an... interesting relationship... >.> *blush*

tamchronic
February 21st, 2012, 05:41 AM
My hair would probably say, "What's that? You think I'm looking fantastic now, so you plan on wearing me down today? Just wait until ten minutes after you leave the house."

ktani
February 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mine would simply say "Thank you. What took you so long?", lol.

ETA: I use shampoo, catnip tea as a treatment (that I experimented with over 6 years to get just right), and now on uncatnipped hair, mineral oil/baby oil, when I do not have or make time for a treatment.

elthia
February 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Oh you think I'm going to stay up all day at work in a new and different hairdo without falling down and getting into any nasty germs....we'll see about that. Mwuhahahaha.....

And if you try to go to sleep on me wet because you washed be as soon as you got home, I'll be a nasty tangled messsssssssss.

It's becoming a love/hate relationship right now. Buns aren't secure enough for a 12-16 hour shift, but having had my hair fall down while working a physical job is so not cool. I constantly put on isolation gowns, so a lot of hair toys and hairstyles get knocked about.

PixxieStix
February 21st, 2012, 07:38 AM
"You know, would it kill you to NOT let the bird play with me when I'm in an updo of some kind? When I'm loose, she doesn't hurt me, but man, her trying to preen strands when I'm restrained is just painful!"

skaempfer
February 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Move!

Move to somewhere with measurable moisture in the air instead of this land-locked wasteland!

faellen
February 21st, 2012, 01:04 PM
"Please stop dyeing me"

heidi w.
February 21st, 2012, 01:09 PM
My hair would say, "Your hair is the bomb!! Let's go on parade!"

hee-hee

heidi w.

CarpeDM
February 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
"For the love of God please accept me for who I am right now!"

millyaulait
February 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm growing as fast as I can, lady!

& Quit dying me, why can't you like me for what I am...? :(

NormaJean
February 21st, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'm growing as fast as I can, lady!

& Quit dying me, why can't you like me for what I am...? :(

Aww, that last one makes me think your hair needs a hug!

holothuroidea
February 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
"Do I really need to be brushed? Do I really need to be washed again? Hey scalp, can you behave so I can get a break!?"

Oh my scalp and my hair don't get along. My scalp needs brushing and washing and my hair hates it.

sisi33
February 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
"if you complain anymore about my growth rate, im going to grow a fist and punch you with it":p

"one day I will kill something, I am watching and waiting." (My hair is a little scary and aggresive) ;)

Yep, this is my hair! It has tried to strangle me whilst sleeping :D It loves me!

icallitbliss
February 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM
My hair would say: Quit with the blowdrying, and most of all QUIT obsessing. I grow on my own time, no one else's!

kionkichin
February 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
Haha this is really funny! Mine would say: "trim the annoying split ends already!!"

Venefica
February 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
My hair would mumble forgotten magickal words and eldritch curses with a voice that both sounded like soft silk sheets sliding over a corpse's form at night and at the same time sounding like the the rattling of old bones.

Tisiloves
February 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
"Why should I be ruly, just because I'm ruler straight. You wouldn't want me to be a stereotype, now, would you?"

|Xei
February 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
"So, when are you going to put more funky colours on me? And when are you going to fix my uneven colouring?"

I should really touch-up on the regrowth soon...

Jesabel
February 22nd, 2012, 02:24 AM
I think my hair would have recently started talking to me again..
"Thank you for stopping the abuse! I never did anything wrong but I got burnt with chemical dyes and flat irons all the time with no protection :( I like being pampered now!"

Jesabel
February 22nd, 2012, 02:24 AM
Oh and on the other hand..
"Be grateful you still have all this hair for what you've done to me!"

owlathena
February 22nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
Protect me more. I'm always getting caught on things and ripping. It hurts.