PDA

View Full Version : Ideas?

Elizabeth
July 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I went back to CO a few months ago and everything was great for awhile. Then, I started getting an itchy scalp and my hair seemed “heavy” so I figured I was experiencing a build up issue and did a few ACV rinses. That seemed to improve things a bit, but didn’t take my hair back to the good old days, so I washed with a shampoo a few times. Nothing seems to be helping. My scalp is oily, flaky, and itchy, the length just sort of hangs there with a top layer of fly-aways, and the ends are very dry.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on, or how I can correct the problem?

Thanks so much in advance!

Curlsgirl
July 19th, 2008, 02:22 PM
What kind of shampoo and conditioner are you using? Have you clarified? Are you using a shampoo that has worked before for you? When your hair is "lank" and your scalp itchy it can be an sensitivity/allergy to the shampoo or conditioner or buildup. Have you tried scritching? Sometimes it can be sebum clogging the pores too.

I would make sure it's clarified first to rule out any buildup issues. If you use cones, you might try leaving them off for a bit to see how that works. In place of CO your scalp might need some shampoo at least now and then. I do CWC by putting a light condtioner all over my length and applying a diluted SLS shampoo only on my scalp. I mix about 1 teaspoon shampoo to a squirt bottle of warm water shook up and squirt it all over my scalp rubbing a bit and letting it run down the length. Then you rinse it all very well and apply a second light or heavy conditioner if needed and rinse well.

If you are not using a leave-in or doing Deep treatments you need to do these too whatever is appropriate for you own hairtype.

If you have damage from heat or chemicals just baby your hair and either trim off all the damage at once or trim a bit at a time until it's gone. That concerns the length problems of course.

Also your shampoo could be the wrong kind. You may find a more gentle one or one that has tea tree oil. There are many more things you could try just read here all about it and it's a matter of trial and error mostly. Hope you find the answer!:)

VanillaTresses
July 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Elizabeth, after I did some experimenting with shampoo bar washing and CO-only last year (at separate times) my scalp was really out of kilter and just normal shampooing would not fix it. I think that I screwed up the normal scalp pH or something and allowed some dandruff or other type of mild fungal infection to take hold. I used Nizoral for about a month or so and that completely cleared up the problem. Now I am back to CWCs and WCs with no more scalp issues, and I don't have to use the Nizoral anymore.

Hope this helps. :D