PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser abusing models hair, video.

MissHair
February 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM
LOL, the only reason I laughed and cringed at the same time to this, is because this happened to me 2 years ago without my consent and because the hairdresser appeared so stressed! I feel bad for that model, he chopped off half of the thickness! (Link removed, see Community Guideline #4 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4005))

Cara Heather
February 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM
my reaction is... :disbelief

Amber_Maiden
February 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Woah... 0_o

Carolyn
February 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Ugh. That was hard to watch. I have nightmares about things like that.

AspenSong
February 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I just literally shuddered. Holy bajeebers. And is it just me, or does her hair look kinda not all that nice from the back after?!!!

Dorothy
February 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Not that nice from the back, yes - if you were going for something like symmetry, you would be sad. On the other hand, she looks like an anime character, which was maybe the point. But Very Distressing to Watch. I think it needs a trigger warning. I hope they paid her a lot.

Mommyof4
February 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
She looked depressed after :(

The back of her hair looked AWFUL... what in the world??

dwell_in_safety
February 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM
0.o Did he have to make the ends look so scraggly? Yeesh.

Vanille_
February 17th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Is against the forum rules to privately ask the OP to send the link?

Kaelee
February 17th, 2012, 10:00 PM

I doubt it...I'm really curious now too.

Amiblue
February 17th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I doubt it...I'm really curious now too.

Ditto...........

Tisiloves
February 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Youtube search "Long Hair Razored to Ruin", its the first one.

UltraBella
February 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I searched it on YouTube and I am confused why the link was removed. Did I not find the right video ? I didn't see any forced hair cutting. I saw a man use a long haired model to demonstrate a weird cut with his clippers.

Tisiloves
February 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM
No, that's the right one.

Dars
February 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I searched it on YouTube and I am confused why the link was removed. Did I not find the right video ? I didn't see any forced hair cutting. I saw a man use a long haired model to demonstrate a weird cut with his clippers.
Hair cutting videos of any kind are not allowed on LHC.

UltraBella
February 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Okay.
So, how is this a forced hair cutting story ??

woolyleprechaun
February 18th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I saw this a couple of days ago :( Pooor pooor girl! I cant believe a 'stylist' would do that! I do believe hair cutting videos are prohibited here. I dont want to give anyone any ideas, but if you google 'haircut fettish', you will see some stuff that makes it pretty obvious why we dont want to encourage these people here ;)

rena
February 18th, 2012, 02:04 AM
The bright reddish/orange wall looks like the background of a slasher scene from a horror flick and the "hairdresser" looks like a madman XD.

Lol, no not really, but it is a bit hard to watch. Wouldn't want that done to mine to say the least.

terpentyna
February 18th, 2012, 02:11 AM
TBH, I do see why the mods would remove this link. This guy is not a hair stylist.

kitten1986
February 18th, 2012, 02:31 AM
hrmm I dont really see what the big deal is... it wasnt a great cut but he didnt damage the hair and she seemed pretty happy to let him do it. It isnt what I would chose to do to my hair but meh.

terpentyna
February 18th, 2012, 03:52 AM
hrmm I dont really see what the big deal is... it wasnt a great cut but he didnt damage the hair and she seemed pretty happy to let him do it. It isnt what I would chose to do to my hair but meh.

Look at the other vids on that person's channel.

newbeginning
February 18th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Of course I'm biased because I love long, healthy hair. The model had what looked to be very beautiful hair before. The haircut isn't my thing but it looked like she liked it. The hairstyle looked like it was trying to be edgy when I like more simple hairstyles. Using an electric razor like that kinda creeped me out too (I mean all I could think of was what other body parts does that razor get used for...I know in reality it was probably used for just hair but it still creeped me out). The other videos of women with super long, beautiful hair getting chopped off is the stuff of nightmares (for me anyway).

maria_asa
February 18th, 2012, 07:04 AM

This. I don't like the hair cut but the model did seem happy with it and if she's happy I don't see the problem.

Finoriel
February 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
From the modly point of view it's totally fine to ask the OP in a PM.
Of course I don't know if the OP minds when she's PMed by hundreds of curious people :wink: so take this with a grain of salt.

Before anybody get's upset about us silly mods holding back the link :scared: have mercy, we just did it to protect the community.
The issue with this link was the youtube chanel in which it is stored.
It features a LOT of hair cutting videos which is characteristic for a certain f*t*s* type.
Linking to such a channel makes it possible for the channel owner to track the clicks back to LHC. Yes, you don't even need to comment on the channel to leave a trace.
Hope that explains why such links tend to be removed :flower:

I'll edit the editing note in the OP, to make it less confusing :)

Darkhorse1
February 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM
If what I saw was the correct video, didn't seem like anything wrong. the model was wearing bright red lipstick correct? (I always wear full make up when getting my hair done ;) ) and she had a plaid dress on.

Thing is, when you are a model, what stylists and hair dressers and even fashion dictates may not be what we like/deem beautiful. Broken ends are a big deal with regards to giving hair movement etc. her hair is gorgeous and thick and she looked fine in the end--a typical layered cut for a model.

Celtic Morla
February 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I don't see that it is ruined just a video showing a technique using a hair model(which frankly if you love your hair long is not the thing to be as you have not a lot of choice sometimes in the style they cut your hair into) who is being PAID to look happy! I was aksed a few times by a hairdresser years ago to be a hair model and I turned him down and left his salon because he made me uncomfortable by continuing to ask me. He liked how fast my hair grew but I was not willing to have him chop it into asymetrical hairstyles so he could win competitions.

MissHair
February 18th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Of course I don't know if the OP minds when she's PMed by hundreds of curious people :wink: so take this with a grain of salt.

Before anybody get's upset about us silly mods holding back the link :scared: have mercy, we just did it to protect the community.
It features a LOT of hair cutting videos which is characteristic for a certain f*t*s* type.
Linking to such a channel makes it possible for the channel owner to track the clicks back to LHC. Yes, you don't even need to comment on the channel to leave a trace.

I had no idea, my apologies!!! :bowtome:

charchar1711
February 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM
I think the cut really suits her, although I would not get it done personally! I don't see how it could make people cringe if it isn't their hair though!

iSuperHeroic
February 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
My goodness, he took a buzzer to her hair!

BrightEyes
February 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
I was expecting much worse before I watched the video. Although I would never let anyone cut my hair with clippers, I wouldn't say this was abusive or damaging to the hair. It's simply one of many different methods to create a certain "edgy" style.

I remember watching a similar video in beauty school. I thought it was odd and would personally never cut long hair this way. But the model looked like she was happy with the end result. And while the back did look a little strange, it didn't look terrible IMO.

Miss Catrina
February 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
It looked good... I don't get it.

maborosi
February 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah, after looking at the channel (it has a lot of haircutting-f*t*sh-esque videos), I can see why the mods removed the link.

Finoriel is totally correct. LHC has done a wonderful job keeping "those kind of people" out of here, and even linking to a website can allow that person to trace back to here- just by a click of a link.

~maborosi~

PixxieStix
February 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Eek. Not my cup of tea (currently in - Wild Orange Blossom!) but to each their own. I've had my hair cut with a straight edge razor before, pre LHC, and that will never happen again. It does look like he made fairy tale ends on purpose, which to me is weird but who am I to judge? This is why I stick around here instead of trendy make up and "stylish" hair style websites. :)

chai-blue
February 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
that's just wrong. i would cry, though only when i got home...

thank goodness hair grows back!

MandyBeth
February 21st, 2012, 09:06 PM
The rest of the channel reads creepy, but this video, no big deal. The model looks happy with the cut. Also, you agree to hair model, weird things may happen.