PDA

View Full Version : I'd like a dye that washes out easily

Nedertane
February 17th, 2012, 06:05 PM
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have to use my Kindle to get on here, and the search option doesn't work on here, SO, I apologize if there is already a thread for this.

Anyway, I'm considering dying the very ends of my hair for a slight dip-dyed look. If I do it, I'll want a dye that would wash out in a month of less, since I'm afraid of damage, and I can't commit to anything but length. :D

I asked a lady at my makeup store about some of the demis that they had, which were Clairol, and said they lasted 28 washes, so approximately a month.

BUT, I'm still unsure. I'm wondering if maybe there's a better brand? Or if Manic Panic or something similar would be fine? Or if there's a possibility that it could stain my hair? Oooorrr, if I.should wait till I'm at waist length in case I need to cut anything off??? This is really confusing. :confused:

I DO know, at least that I'd need a warmer color, since I know that that looks better on me, if that helps. Sorry to write a novel, but I think this could be fun if I do it right. :)

Amber_Maiden
February 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Manic Panic fades after about a month... Though sometimes it can last over.

Rini
February 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hi. I wrote an article about just that. The link is in my siggie (Direct Dyes). There is also a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72129) about it where you can read about people's experiences with the various temporary dyes listed.
Good luck!!

Pidge
February 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I like Ion's semi-permanent colors. They last about a month (depending on how often you wash your hair and what sort of shampoo you use) and they come out clean, like they were never there. I've got a big white streak in the front, and when the dye fades out completely, it's like the driven snow, no staining!

Nedertane
February 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I like Ion's semi-permanent colors. They last about a month (depending on how often you wash your hair and what sort of shampoo you use) and they come out clean, like they were never there. I've got a big white streak in the front, and when the dye fades out completely, it's like the driven snow, no staining!

That's very good to hear! Is this brand readily available in the US, or would I have to get it online?

Pidge
February 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
It's available at all Sally's, both in-store and online. Make sure you get semi-permanent though, as Ion also makes demi- and wholly permanent dyes. It'll be marked clearly on the display and the bottles themselves.
Their after-dye conditioning treatment is great, too. And it's very affordable. More so than box dye and even less complicated. Good luck!

Pidge
February 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Nedertane, I just checked my bottle. The full name is Ion Color Brilliance Semi-permanent Hair Color. This (http://www.ioncolorbrilliance.com/Semi-Permanent_Hair_Color/) is their website.