PDA

View Full Version : Thickest french braid I've ever seen.

MissHair
February 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.arxbeauty.com/care-of-long-hair/ So gorgeous!

vintage88
February 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Stunning! Wish my braid was this thick:)

Madora
February 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
She has marvelous hair, that's for sure, but the thickness has been achieved by not French braiding tightly. Nothing wrong in that, of course.

Thanks for the link, MissHair!

Hollyfire3
February 17th, 2012, 04:27 PM
She has marvelous hair, that's for sure, but the thickness has been achieved by not French braiding tightly. Nothing wrong in that, of course.

Thanks for the link, MissHair!

Aww, buzz kill, i actually thought her hair was super duper thick...bright side? maybe my braid can look like that! How do you think she did that loosly but made it look good?

Madora
February 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Aww, buzz kill, i actually thought her hair was super duper thick...bright side? maybe my braid can look like that! How do you think she did that loosly but made it look good?

It all boils down to the tension you use when braiding. She (or whoever did it) did it very well indeed. The braid becomes even more incredible once the french braiding is ended.

PixxieStix
February 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Oooo, hair envy got a hold of me! I realize her hair isn't quite as thick as the braid makes it look but it still looks amazing! So healthy and shiny.

Hollyfire3
February 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
It all boils down to the tension you use when braiding. She (or whoever did it) did it very well indeed. The braid becomes even more incredible once the french braiding is ended.

Yes, i want her hairstylist!

goldenmoments
February 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
really envy her thickness- and shine too!

hmmruka
February 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
It looks like an inside out french braid (going under hand instead of over hand), with very large sections that have even tension but not taught. It also starts very high, at least at the crown from what I can see.

Madora
February 17th, 2012, 04:45 PM
It looks like an inside out french braid (going under hand instead of over hand), with very large sections that have even tension but not taught. It also starts very high, at least at the crown from what I can see.

No, the "inside out french braid..i.e. going under the strand" is the french "dutch" technique. The dutch braid forms a discernable ridge on the head.

Her hair illustrates the French "English" technique...a woven into the hair effect. This is the "over the middle strand" method.

defineinsanity
February 17th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Thats incredible, i'm going to just have to accept the fact that my hair will never be as thick as that. Absolutley gorgeous :)

Kitsu
February 17th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I want any hair stylist! I cant see the back of my head :(

herdaughter77
February 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Whoah! Beautiful! :o

newbeginning
February 17th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Very pretty.

hmmruka
February 17th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Madora- Maybe I mispoke about going under hand vs. over hand. As someone with dyslexia this is how I feel like aiI br do it on myself. I know most braids have several names like fishtail, herringbone, two strand for example. I learned only that there is french and inside out french. French having the ridge, inside out not having the ridge. I do know how to braid though. Thanks for correcting me. MY BAD.

spidermom
February 17th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just lovely; dream hair.

skyblue
February 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Even though her braid may be a lose one, her hair is still incredibly thick, and so gorgeous! I am soooooo green with envy right now lol!!! Eye popping!! WOW!

Darkhorse1
February 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Stunning--lovely shine too! Course, I always think of the other half of having hair this thick---since I am not good with the heat, I can only imagine how sweaty you get with hair this thick ;)

HylianGirl
February 17th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Wow, such a beautiful hair! Even when I french braid loosely I still can't get that thickness (then again nowadays my hair is kinda short for that =P Still, that's a gorgeous hair with an amazing shine and thickness!

Synthemesc
February 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Holy moly.

Madora
February 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Madora- Maybe I mispoke about going under hand vs. over hand. As someone with dyslexia this is how I feel like aiI br do it on myself. I know most braids have several names like fishtail, herringbone, two strand for example. I learned only that there is french and inside out french. French having the ridge, inside out not having the ridge. I do know how to braid though. Thanks for correcting me. MY BAD.

hmmruka, no worries!

Sometimes the braiding terminology can be very confusing because the same technique is called different names.

"French" braiding is a general term meaning that hair is added from both sides of the head as you braid.

The "French" English braid is an overhand motion and gives the hair a "woven" look

The "French" Dutch braid is an underhand motion which leaves a pronounced "ridge" effect on the scalp.

"Fishtail" and "Herrringbone" are the same technique.

Glad to know you like to braid. You can do so many interesting styles with braids!

NormaJean
February 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I'm envious of how smooth it is. I have plenty of thickness to spare and can mimic the braid itself.... but my hair doesn't like to lay that flat. Do you suppose it was spritzed with gel or something? Or is it just that her hair is super straight?

woolyleprechaun
February 18th, 2012, 01:22 AM
*swoons* too pretty! It looks so glossy, too. I love the wording in the article, its adorable. Im guessing English is not the authors first language ;)

bettylibertine
February 18th, 2012, 01:56 AM
How gorgeous! I want my hair to shine like that!

hellucy
February 18th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Ooooh So shiny!

Maktub
February 18th, 2012, 06:51 AM
gorgeous ! Love her color too ! :crush:

Shield31
February 18th, 2012, 07:36 AM
It's a great photo, but I love the commentary in the story. Especially this one...

"Long hair care tips comprise not sleeping with your hair in a ponytail or done in a braid. This will stress the hair enormously and will eventually lead to damage. When styling your lengthy hair in a braid, do not make it too taut or else you might end up with hair loss."

The rest of the story is interesting, too.