PDA

View Full Version : A Case of the Sweats

Maizzy
February 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Question: if I tried to go CO, would that be enough cleansing power to clear out sweat from the day? Like, a lot of sweat. I'm in India right now, and stepping outside equals instant perspiration. Would it cause some kind of funky build-up if I cut out my shampoo?

My other option is that I'll try the BS/ACV thing again, but I'd like to do CO washing for the scent of the conditioner. ;)

Expert advice? Thoughts? Experiences?

Madora
February 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
You want your hair and scalp to be clean and I would shampoo. You can dilute it if you like.

Conditioners leave a residue on your strands.

fridgee
February 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I think sweat is water soluble isn't it? So as long as you are rinsing your hair in water whatever method you are using will be able to get rid of sweat. :) The 'cleansing' ingredients of whatever method you use help to get rid of the oily sebum which doesn't dissolve easily in water.

ohhiitssteph
February 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
You could mix a few drops of shampoo in with your Co-washing conditioner. I do this, and I call it a Co-Poo. :) Haha. I work out every day, so I get sweaty too -- I can relate! I do feel like conditioner only isn't always enough, but my hair is very dry, so shampoo only is too harsh! Mixing the two together is the perfect compromise for happy, hydrated and non-greasy hair for me.

celebriangel
February 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Yes, CO will get your hair clean. I mean, if you shampoo and use conditioner, you will still get the "residue" - in fact, this is what you want, and why people apply leave-in. Of course, often people prefer to shampoo every few months to prevent buildup. Check out the CO thread for more info.

I can get cupfuls of heavy oil out of my hair with CO. Bear in mind sweat is only water and salt - actually not that hard to get out of hair really.

rena
February 18th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I agree that CO will get yout hair pretty clean, especially if you use a conditioner with basically nothing in it, like a cheapie conditioner. Last summer, I kept mine clean and happy COing daily. Now, if you are sweaty and also happen to be in a place where there is a lot of dust and dirt, than you may want to think about using some shampoo because I'm not sure if CO will get actual dirt besides sweat and sebum out. You can always dilute the shampoo if you need to.

You could also consider CWC.

Deborah
February 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
CO is absolutely enough. But keep in mind that you need not wash your hair every time you sweat. The sweat harmlessly evaporates, and does not make your hair dirty. I CO just once a week, and I do hard exercising first thing every morning. It does not make my hair dirty, just damp. People on this board have the wrong idea about sweat.

spidermom
February 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
If it's only sweat, I merely rinse with water and condition the length. There's no need (most of the time) to do a full CO or shampoo-wash.