PDA

View Full Version : How to blow dry

W2
February 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I've been complaining about the cold weather - it's almost impossible to get the hair dry before it's time to pick up kids - which means going outside with damp hair. Not appealing at all!

So the past few weeks, I've blow dried my hair - not liking it, but what to do :confused:

Well, the thing is, that there's not so much wrong about blow drying the hair, if it's on cold/cool temp and not to close. If I had an electric heater-thing, I could use that - but I don't.

So instead I've done something else.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FdHvedW9LVY/Tz5nb0C0NsI/AAAAAAAAH2c/pKVM2_oN2s0/w275-h165-k/IMAG0121.jpg

I hung the blow drier up - so that I can stand like 1 meter away - works so well. :D

Avital88
February 17th, 2012, 07:55 AM
hahahahah are you an engineer by any chance:p lol
great sollution!

Renate
February 17th, 2012, 07:57 AM
What I do that dramatically decreases the time my hair takes to dry is to headbang a little to loosen the threads. I saw this tip on Habioku's youtube :)

W2
February 17th, 2012, 08:05 AM
hahahahah are you an engineer by any chance:p lol
great sollution!

DH is - does that count? And my father invents all sorts of crazy things! Guess it runs in the family

HylianGirl
February 17th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Awesome idea xD I don't like blowdrying either, but cold weather can be bothersome, thanks for the tip, now I'll need to find somewhere to hang a hairdryer, at least I live in the south hemisphere, so I still have some moths to think about it xD

Madora
February 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
@W2..you might be able to speed up the process if you gently rake your fingers through your hair while standing near the hair dryer. This lets the air circulate through the strands, allowing for faster drying, as opposed to just standing near it and doing nothing but letting the air hit the hair.

I'd be sure all the hair was detangling before doing this, however!

I use a portable bathroom fan with several heat settings.

W2
February 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
@W2..you might be able to speed up the process if you gently rake your fingers through your hair while standing near the hair dryer. This lets the air circulate through the strands, allowing for faster drying, as opposed to just standing near it and doing nothing but letting the air hit the hair.

I'd be sure all the hair was detangling before doing this, however!

I use a portable bathroom fan with several heat settings.

Oh I do that already - it was just the thing about getting the blow drier a bit away from the head.

Carolyn
February 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I have a stand that is made to hold a hair dryer. It stands on the bathroom counter. I aim the dryer and stand in front of it moving around as needed. I got it either at an As Seen On TV store or it might have been Bed Bath and Beyond.

heidi w.
February 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Have you heard of a diffuser? -- an attachment for blow dryers? The cool/low temp is good and not holding the blow dryer overly close is good too. You can consider half drying the hair, particularly the hair behind the neck, and then allow the rest to air dry.

I've also used stand alone fans. But you have to stand clear of the possibility of hair getting wound in the fans. You have to be safety conscious.

My hair in deep winter takes nearly two days to dry! by air dry method. I don't even own a blow dryer. Recently I had a need to use a blow dryer and had to drive all the way to a friend's house to use it before I went on my way to the appointment.

That was a crazy day!

heidi w.

Kira94
February 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hhaa, that's a great idea! May have to try that. ;)

If I have to be somewhere I blow dry my scalp on cool. If I'm staying at home I'll just let it air dry usually. :)

RapunzelKat
February 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Haha, what a great idea! :D I wonder if I can find a place to rig something like this up... It would really save my wrist on days I decide to blowdry.