PDA

View Full Version : SL to APL

paper
July 19th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I just grew out of CL to SL. :cheese: It feels great to be at this stage. I can put it up now. And I just came out of the mullet stage, so I can wear it down too!

Now I am looking forward to APL. Thats going to feel great to have all my hair behind my shoulders and down my back. It will feel long.

Anyone else at this stage?

DecafJane
July 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Yes, I think there are a lot of us - there is a thread for it . . . I just have to do a search and I will put in the link. :)

ETA: I couldn't find the thread ("APL" is too short to search for), but somebody will have a link to it somewhere. Sorry. :(

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the length, BTW - it is so much better after shoulders. :)

tigerlily83
July 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'm also at shoulder length....once I realized I could start putting it up (without too many pieces falling down), I was ecstatic. It will be even better when I get to APL. :D

lady_hero
July 19th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Ooo me! Ooo me!

My hair is *just* past my shoulders. I can't wait for APL!

30isthenewblack
July 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Congratulations Paper! I think this is the thread you are looking for - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=395&highlight=year

paper
July 19th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks DecafJane and 30. :)

Thanks 30 for that link. I do remember seeing that, but I didn't reply to it, because the title was those who will reach APL THIS yr. I didn't think I'd reach that goal this year. If Mods want to merge the 2 threads, it's ok with me.

Aelith
July 19th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Me! Me! I'm now at SL finally. I figure I have about another 8 months to APL.

tomm
July 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I just grew out of CL to SL. :cheese: It feels great to be at this stage. I can put it up now. And I just came out of the mullet stage, so I can wear it down too!

Now I am looking forward to APL. Thats going to feel great to have all my hair behind my shoulders and down my back. It will feel long.

Anyone else at this stage?
First - Congratulations on achieving such a wonderful milestone!! :blossom:

Now, to answer your quesiton: There are a few of us :) (some of whom have already graduated to APL :cheese:)

Come and introduce yourself at the APL this year! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=395)* thread.

* "this year" now meaning "within the next twelve months".

paper
July 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks Tomm :)

I'll go post there now.

orangeeyecrayon
July 19th, 2008, 02:56 PM
i am about an inch past shoulder length, so not yet arm pit length.

i am loving that i am able to put it up and experiment with new styles. this is definately a super fun stage of hair growth for me

sexyjacksparrow
July 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Me! Just about touching shoulder length curly and a bit past it when pulled straight. Looking forward to getting past APL but I knbow it will be a slow process for me. My hair is now just long enough to braind but my layers keep coming loose.

Kerry xx

curls2grow
July 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I got to APL and trimmed back to somewhere below shoulder when dry/curly. My curls were not as curly when it got longer. I am going to try for APL again once I get all of the colored crud out of my hair (and more of my grey in).

Forest
July 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I am somewhere in between shoulder and APL, the longest part almost at APL (especially when wet), so maybe I should check out the other thread as well, I might reach that goal this year (at least partly).

Have all of you been long hairs before or is this your first go?

Oskimosa
July 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't know if I count as a previous long hair or not, since I was a junkie for torturing my oh-so-forgiving hair. I have gotten a couple inches past bsl before, but beyond that I never really had the patience to grow it out. It always got too heavy. This time I'm aiming for waist or hip, but I'll have to see if I can handle it. Its just past my shoulders. Should hit APL this year, except that my growth seems to be slowing a bit...