PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear

jennescence
February 16th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Watching this made me cringe so bad, I have no words.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CpwOA58Yuw

HintOfMint
February 16th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Eeeek! A rat, A RAT!

... Get it? :henny:

jennescence
February 16th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I thought of that lol. Her hair looked good for her wedding,but she had to chop it all off after that lol. jk

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well it IS Texas.. you know the big hair and such (no offense to anyone here from Texas, i actually think they are awsome, but this hairstyle scares me)
I have a hard time watching this with the "relaxing" music and the girl just sitting there getting her hair teased to death and stiff with hair spray...oh well, to each their own...

jacquaala
February 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM
shudder: I was letting a good friend of mine fix my hair up a few weeks back. She started teasing it (which was not something we had talked about lol) and I kind of freaked out on her lol. She couldn't understand why, told me teasing wasn't hard on my hair at all because you can just comb it back out. I called ********.

jennescence
February 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM
its funny you say that lol because i was born in Texas and lived there most my life.....and let me tell you, you are not wrong when you say they like their big hair lol:)

Moonlake
February 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM

spidermom
February 16th, 2012, 09:30 PM
What - no finished product! What a rip!

jennescence
February 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
LMBO!!!:joy:

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
shudder: I was letting a good friend of mine fix my hair up a few weeks back. She started teasing it (which was not something we had talked about lol) and I kind of freaked out on her lol. She couldn't understand why, told me teasing wasn't hard on my hair at all because you can just comb it back out. I called ********.

Lol i was at a friend's house and she INSISTED on straightening my hair... she pressed the flat iron down hard, which was bad enough, but then when she found a tangle, she tried to take a paddle brush to it, i kinda sorta maybe jumped up from the chair and freaked out of her...she felt so bad...i appoligized but made her promise to use my wide tooth comb...

AnimaSola3o4
February 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
What - no finished product! What a rip!

RIGHT!!! I was mad that I sat thru the whole thing (skipped thru parts out of sheer boredom) and didn't even get to see it finished!

owlathena
February 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO! Stop!

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 09:41 PM
its funny you say that lol because i was born in Texas and lived there most my life.....and let me tell you, you are not wrong when you say they like their big hair lol:)

I know, i also know others from Texas. I would fit right in, no teasing required, my hair likes to get all big and poofy for no good reason...:) I'm a (self proclaimed and by others) hick at heart, but Texan is another beast all together lol

jennescence
February 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I just think its so funny how this would not have bothered me before i started coming here lol

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
RIGHT!!! I was mad that I sat thru the whole thing (skipped thru parts out of sheer boredom) and didn't even get to see it finished!

Lol i did the same thing i just could not stand to watch the rat (as said so perfectly by another poster) being created and got bored so i skipped some of it, then i even looked for a part two to see if i got to see the finished style...nope! Hey, at least the hair stylist used what looked to be a boar bristle brush (proably was fake nylon) to re-"smooth" the poor teased out hair....and i thought my mousse habits were bad...

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I just think its so funny how this would not have bothered me before i started coming here lol

Yes, the things TLHC does to our minds, but they are good things so no complaints here! :D Truefully, i never understood why someone would WANT to make their hair look like a rats nest but thats proabably because it takes multiple combings through to fight my own natural mess and i think teasing just looks so painfull, so even without TLHC, it still would have bothered me...

lmfbs
February 16th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Here's the finished part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEFQifPPpoo&list=UUURsQPnSDOGCrdrGNM5Odiw&index=20&feature=plcp

I can't figure out why they needed to tease it in the first place!!! Once they did the wrapping you couldn't even tell.

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Here's the finished part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEFQifPPpoo&list=UUURsQPnSDOGCrdrGNM5Odiw&index=20&feature=plcp

I can't figure out why they needed to tease it in the first place!!! Once they did the wrapping you couldn't even tell.

I agree, it looked the same before the teasing as after it just made the taper more obvious...Honestly, i didn't think the end result was worth all of the damage and such, it was not very pretty was too structures and will be heck to take down...

Macaroni
February 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Too much abuse for the finished style. She should have done a sock bun.

mz_butterfly
February 16th, 2012, 10:55 PM
That was painful to watch, it looked like 4 dead rats attached to her head which they drowned in hairspray and then smoothed out for the funeral!

NormaJean
February 17th, 2012, 12:36 AM
At first I was "eeeeeek"

And then I read "Dallas" and it all made sense.

The higher the hair, the closer to God, y'all know. :)

(I'm a native Texan. I know how these things work.)

sumidha
February 17th, 2012, 12:43 AM
That's kind of a cool idea for a hairstyle- I'll have to try it without the completely unnecessary damage. >.<

Aveyronnaise
February 17th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Well the thing is also , is that it's for a wedding.Why would you want to have all of your hair knotted up like that for your wedding night ?
gross.

Mommyof4
February 17th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I don't think the teasing was necessary.. eek

bratz81
February 17th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I think the finished style is nice enough, but definitely no need for all that backcombing and teasing.

supbanana
February 17th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Oh my. Back combing is on my short list of things I'll never allow done to my hair, it is painful to watch :scared:, but as long as the bride was happy on her special day that's all that matters. :)

After watching Part 3, I think that rope braids would have made that twisted section at the back absolutely gorgeous. It would have looked chic and intricate without the damage and frustration of combing out later.

Mommyof4
February 17th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Does anyone else feel the style was pretty amateur-level? I don't see anything that makes it extraordinary.. Maybe it's just me :(

pepperminttea
February 17th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Well the thing is also , is that it's for a wedding.Why would you want to have all of your hair knotted up like that for your wedding night ?
gross.

I didn't even think about that, but goodness yes, that is a long take-down time when all you want to do is celebrate your love after a long day. :eyebrows: By the time you'd detangled it all he would've fallen asleep!

wicked kisses
February 17th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I dunno, I was married in June in 1978, and although I didn't bother to tease my godawful(by today's standards) Farrah Fawcett Wings, I had no interest in doing *anything* with my hair, I just wanted to curl up with hubby and pass out. We were both exhausted as Mother insisted on a 'dollar dance' to help pay for the honeymoon. What she didn't know was that we'd been saving up on the side for it.

jacqueline101
February 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Its scary what people will do to their hair.

Amber_Maiden
February 17th, 2012, 06:36 AM
UGH! That's terrifying!!!

turtlelover
February 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I would NEVER let someone do that to my hair! YIKES!!!! I can't imagine getting those tangles out!

LadyCelestina
February 17th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Actually,the up do is pretty cute,minus the hairspray and back-combing :p I don't really get why she did that,through.

newbeginning
February 17th, 2012, 08:36 AM
My hair cringed just watching that video.

dwell_in_safety
February 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Yikes! Looks like the finished product would be a very pretty style, but was the backcombing really necessary?

Kaelee
February 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
EEEEK! OMG, I can't imagine trying to comb all that out! Oh, no! :(

bedazzlecat
February 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm from Texas and I've not seen anyone teasing hair since the mid 90's.

bedazzlecat
February 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I don't understand why teasing was necessary for that style.

Ligeia_13
February 17th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Was was the point of all that teasing if she's just going to brush it out and put it up again? :confused: a whole lot of damage for nothing.

HylianGirl
February 17th, 2012, 09:25 AM
That teasing was painful to watch x.x And it was also totally unecessary for the updo.

JesusFreak88
February 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Why would you tease hair, spray it with hair spray, and then brush it out. If teasing the hair wasn't bad enough she just brushed out hair that was just hair sprayed!!!! She completely killed the poor hair. :cry:

Nevvie
February 17th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I think what amazed me the most about that video is how gently she handles and brushes the hair the rest of the time. I didn't see any pulling or tugging. She was very light handed, slow and precise when moving, twisting or brushing. Used her fingers to open the loops so the hair didn't rub against the other strands. Careful, specific and minimal placement of pins. Then she got the comb or hair spray in her hands and did a full 180, very rough and quick. At least the girl looked happy with the outcome, I suppose that's all that matters.

bumblebums
February 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Nice hairstyle--could use some more hairspray though.

heidi w.
February 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Lol i was at a friend's house and she INSISTED on straightening my hair... she pressed the flat iron down hard, which was bad enough, but then when she found a tangle, she tried to take a paddle brush to it, i kinda sorta maybe jumped up from the chair and freaked out of her...she felt so bad...i appoligized but made her promise to use my wide tooth comb...

I hardly ever allow someone else to mess with my hair. Most who are my closer acquantances have no idea what it's like to deal with hair this long.

heidi w.

Bianca
February 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM
No reason for all that teasing and not a very pretty updo in the end either :rolleyes:

Hollyfire3
February 17th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I hardly ever allow someone else to mess with my hair. Most who are my closer acquantances have no idea what it's like to deal with hair this long.

heidi w.

Well, the friend had nearly tailbone length beautiful hair that actually looks like Madora's (hair envy to them both:)) but apparently she had never straightened any one else's hair. O was trying to be nice, and she was so pushy. I felt so bad for my poor hair and kinda cringed everytime she picked up a strand, i had to MAKE her use heat protection, can't understand why anyone would not use it if they are gonna torcher their hair....well that was the first and last time i let anyone straighten my hair, i hate that stupid appliance!

Seeshami
February 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I think I will stick with this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/f3fa1e8c.jpg

I have these to decorate with now too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/cf596ae0.jpg

IT'S GONNA BE RIDICULOUS! I am so excited.

NotInPortland
February 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
The sad thing is it looks like she did all of that awful teasing just for a little extra volume in the hair. I can get that same extra volume just by braiding my hair for a few hours and then brushing through it with my tangle teezer...

spidermom
February 17th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Finished product was kind of awful (in my opinion).

Hollyfire3
February 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Finished product was kind of awful (in my opinion).

I agree, the updo looked flat and stiff, i'm sure the girl's hair wa beautiful before all the teasing...

woolyleprechaun
February 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Totaly unnecessary teasing there. She backcombed the sections, only to smooth them and wrap them?? Craziness...

PixxieStix
February 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Thank goodness my mom is doing my hair for my wedding, she isn't exactly super easy on hair, but I know she won't be backcombing it to high heavens!

terylenerose
February 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I watched parts of the video (didn't want to sit through the whole 8 minutes) and commented. I agree with another poster, I don't think all that backcombing was necessary, expecially since they just brushed it out. And brushing it out can't be too good either, because, well, you know that tangles need to be worked through starting at the bottom, and teasing causes what I think are a lot like tangles. And also, the hairspray makes it even harder to brush through. It seems like it would amount to a lot of breakage and pulling. I'm not an expert on this of course, just guessing.
I don't have plans to get married anytime soon, but if I ever do, I will make sure to do my own hair and not let anyone else touch it. If it's terribly wrong to do my own hair, I will just leave it down. I can't stand having anyone other than me do anything with my hair and don't understand why you need someone else to do your hair for a wedding.

The-Young-Maid
February 18th, 2012, 09:26 AM
so much hairsprayshudder:

IndigoOptimist
February 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I'll admit I do back comb my hair very occasionally, but I've NEVER done it that much, even when I thought it was fine! It didn't even look like the finished products looked that nice :s
I don't let anyone near my hair, I haven't even had a hair cut by anyone other than myself in nearly 3 years. I just don't trust them not to chop off half my hair!

Hollyfire3
February 18th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I watched parts of the video (didn't want to sit through the whole 8 minutes) and commented. I agree with another poster, I don't think all that backcombing was necessary, expecially since they just brushed it out. And brushing it out can't be too good either, because, well, you know that tangles need to be worked through starting at the bottom, and teasing causes what I think are a lot like tangles. And also, the hairspray makes it even harder to brush through. It seems like it would amount to a lot of breakage and pulling. I'm not an expert on this of course, just guessing.
I don't have plans to get married anytime soon, but if I ever do, I will make sure to do my own hair and not let anyone else touch it. If it's terribly wrong to do my own hair, I will just leave it down. I can't stand having anyone other than me do anything with my hair and don't understand why you need someone else to do your hair for a wedding.

If i ever do get married (which i proabably will, knowing me) i have a nice 1/4 updo planed where my hair is long, softly curled and with the 1/4 up part pinned in a loose loop with some pieces in the front and a nice comb/veil no crazy updos for me and i will do my hair myself, even if it does involve some hot rollers to get my hair smooth and wavy (not my usual curly mess):)

AnimaSola3o4
February 19th, 2012, 02:09 AM

That's what I was thinking. What was the point of all that damage? I'm sure they could have gotten the same effect with just hairspray and maybe some gel or something. (and the effect I mean is giving the hair texture and making it seem fuller)

I have to say, if I had this done to my hair, I'd be cursing the stylist when it came time to take it out at the end of a loooong wedding day when I've had a few glasses of champagne and am exhausted to boot. It would be like a dang puzzle!

AnimaSola3o4
February 19th, 2012, 02:16 AM
I'm doing a DT on monday in tribute to this poor girl's hair lol.