PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it.

chainedangel
July 19th, 2008, 06:36 AM
After years of saying I would do it someday I FINALLY got my hair microbraided. I love it! It feels so much lighter. I wish I had done this years ago. I've read that the max time they should be in is 2-3 months. But what is the ideal?
FYI: I'm caucasian and used nothing but the hair on my head for the braids.

nutsenmai
July 19th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Like corn-rows? That sounds cool!

Patrycja
July 19th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I have been wanting microbraids for years!! Please post pics so I can see how it looks.You're hair type is almost like mine but I've been told that since my hair is so slippery-it might not be possible.How are they being kept in your hair?Did they use any special glue or products? How long did it take?

Sorry for all the questions but like I said-I have been wanting micro's for years! :D

freznow
July 19th, 2008, 09:03 AM
You know we want to see pictures.

I've been meaning to try microbraids too. Did you get them done somewhere, do them yourself, or...?

NurseMama
July 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Oooh! Please post pics!

Chamomile betty
July 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Glad your happy with your hair.

talknerdytome
July 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hmmm, what are microrolls?

nostalgic
July 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm going to have to second talknerdytomes: what exactly are microbraids and please post pics!!!

enitsirk
July 19th, 2008, 04:19 PM
We need pictures! :p

I don't really know much about micro braids other than that they can look really cool on some people. Personally, I don't have a face that would go with them but I still find them neat.

chainedangel
July 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
It may be a bit before I get pics up. I had a friend do the braids and we fastened them with small clear "ouchless" bands. I'm sure it won't last as long as other options but I am hoping for as little damage as possible.

aprilmay
July 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM
How long did it take?

coppercurls
July 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I love micros! My last set are pictured in my avatar. If you have any care questions, feel free to PM me. The micros in my avatar took 13 hours to do. Geez, was my b*tt sore!

girlcat36
July 19th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I, too, would love to see pics!

chainedangel
July 20th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I'm going to have to second talknerdytomes: what exactly are microbraids and please post pics!!!

Microbraids are basically teeny braids. I have 78 three strand braids on my head. There could have been more as a few of them are quite a bit thicker than most. But the coolest thing is that one of the braids is so skinny you have to be in perfect lighting to see the braid pattern. Less light and it looks like a group of hairs stuck together and it feels like twine. Need to get pictures up.

AnimaSola3o4
July 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Wow I cant wait for pics!! I have had friends do braids, but never microbraids really. I once braided yarn extensions into my hair, bright rainbow colored yarn. And my actual hair at the time was about APL, but the braids went down to my waist almost TB! It was fun but very hard on my hair.

aprilmay
July 20th, 2008, 06:29 PM
coppercurls, that is a serious time commitment and lots of patience! I hope you were able to drink some wine or watch a movie while you were at it.