PDA

View Full Version : have i finally reached waist...??

ylime
February 16th, 2012, 12:52 AM
i was wondering if i have actually reached "waist" or if i have a little more to go... (excuse the fact its been bobby pinned up)

and i am also having HORRIBLE crunchy ends!!! the bottom 4 inches of my hair is just cruncy, and i dont want to have a massive cut and lose all that length.
what can i do to fix it? i dont actually know what has caused this either :/

anyways the picture!!!

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz330/ylime_xo/Picture10.png

i also get added length when i decide to comb out the curls :)

Avital88
February 16th, 2012, 02:12 AM
yes you are at 'can i call this waistlength' i think another 0.5 inch/1 inch to make it solid.
Congrats, and what ive read the last weeks on the forums, mineral oil/baby oil is doing wonders for peoples ends.

ylime
February 16th, 2012, 02:34 AM
thank you for the clarification :D

i shall try to get some baby oil (currently i have some coconut oil on my damp ends)

janeytilllie
February 16th, 2012, 04:38 AM
It's really close to waist length another 0.5 inch and you're there. Congratulations! :)
I too give another vote out to baby oil. It's done wonders for my hair.

Kelikea
February 16th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Yes, I think you are at waist:) Do any of your hair products contain protein? Protein overload can cause crunchy ends.

Falcore
February 16th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Coconut oil makes my ends really crunchy - it does that with some people. My hair likes olive oil and I've heard a lot of good stuff about the baby oil too.

I like to spritz my ends with 50% water and 50% aloe vera gel (pure) and keep it in the fridge (as you know it gets hot in Australia)

Looks like your ends are touching waist too - How exciting :)

skaempfer
February 16th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I would try clarifying, if you haven't. It's easy to get coconut oil/protein overload in the winter when we're all trying to protect our hair. I was having a bad case of the crunchies and clarifying helped in my case.

Also, I haven't tried the mineral oil, but olive oil works wonders for me...

Cara Heather
February 16th, 2012, 05:24 AM
I say YES! :D

Amber_Maiden
February 16th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I think you have about an inch or two to go before you hit waist.

LaceyNg
February 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
to me it looks like you're already a little bit PAST waist!

and i agree with the other post-- may be the coconut oil halping make your ends crunchy. i know it gave me HORRIBLE crunchy ends. as another option, you may want to consider jojoba oil! LOVE it!

hellucy
February 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I think it depends on where you classify your waist as being - everyone is slightly different... just from your photo I would say you are just about at waist length.
I also think it may be worth trying baby oil on your ends or even SMT just to the ends crunchy = protein overload - they may just need a good dose of moisture.

Vasilissa
February 17th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Looks like YES! Congrats! :D

lapushka
February 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Looks like WL to me! Congrats! :)

Henrietta
February 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
It looks like waist to me, so congratulations! :)
And the ends... Try micro trims, every month or two weeks. You will feel the progress in getting rid of damage without a sudden lose of length :)

ylime
February 18th, 2012, 03:31 AM
thank you all for your lovely imput, i am most greatful :)

i shall try a SMT when i get my hands on some aloe gel, and just gave myself a micro trim to hopefully rid myself of some damage

i have a question about baby oil though. Does it matter if i i use a homebrand or a named brand?