PDA

View Full Version : So many beautiful styles!

eyesofsummer
February 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I just stumbled across this and I thought you all might enjoy it, too!
Hopefully this will inspire me to get more creative with my braiding.
(There are a lot of repeated styles, but they're pretty anyway.)

Have a good night, everyone!

http://www.shexists.com/2012/02/100-amazing-hairstyles.html

fridgee
February 16th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Wow what a lot of inspiration! Some of those hair colour combos remind me of the my little ponies I had when I was little! I really like the ones where they do a braid around the back of their head, about the same height as a half up but stands of hair seem to pass through the braid to hang down the back with the rest of the hair (like numbers 3 and 4). Anyone know what this style is called or where I can find a tutorial?

Avital88
February 16th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Oh wow, some are really amazing, and i could never do them on my own.. it makes me want to experiment more with my hair:-)

kidari
February 16th, 2012, 03:42 AM
That was amazing inspiration, especially with the warmer weather coming up!

Syrena
February 16th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Beautiful! Such a shame that I am not good at braiding!:(

Moor_tu_lyfe
February 16th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Wow what a lot of inspiration! Some of those hair colour combos remind me of the my little ponies I had when I was little! I really like the ones where they do a braid around the back of their head, about the same height as a half up but stands of hair seem to pass through the braid to hang down the back with the rest of the hair (like numbers 3 and 4). Anyone know what this style is called or where I can find a tutorial?

Umm, I think its called a waterfall braid (or something to that effect.) Basically you braid across your head, but when you take hair from the lower side, you don't include the strand that you were braiding with (let that hang down), and just take a small section of hair near where it hangs down and continue braiding ...(braiding is much easier to do, then to explain :o). Don't know if this explanation helps. :flower:

I'm sure I've seen tutorials on youtube about it, that would be more helpful then my explanation...

fridgee
February 16th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Umm, I think its called a waterfall braid (or something to that effect.) Basically you braid across your head, but when you take hair from the lower side, you don't include the strand that you were braiding with (let that hang down), and just take a small section of hair near where it hangs down and continue braiding ...(braiding is much easier to do, then to explain :o). Don't know if this explanation helps. :flower:

I'm sure I've seen tutorials on youtube about it, that would be more helpful then my explanation...

I think I kind of understand, but at least now I know what its called I can search for it :D Thanks! :flower:

maria_asa
February 16th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks for posting this. There were a lot of styles I want to try (even though I'm not sure how to do it or if it will work with my hair)

molly_grue
February 16th, 2012, 05:18 AM
That was really inspirational!

Alaia
February 16th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Some of those are amazing! Some really aren't.

I did love all the colours, and quite a few of those braids looked amazingly complicated.

Madora
February 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Thank you for the link, eyesofsummer!

Many of the styles were very beautiful, especially the girl with the beautiful chestnut hair which was braided in a soft loop effect. Very elegant and graceful.

Slight rant: why can't people understand the concept of "less is more" when it comes to putting flowers in their hair? And make them smaller while they're at it? I want to enjoy the hair, not the decorations!

MsBubbles
February 16th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks for posting that link! There's some beautiful hair art going on there. I love the ponytail/swirly braided one.

The photos are very well done, especially for showing off the various colors.

Sweet Beat
February 16th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Wow, that's stunning!

B-L
February 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YdKTID1ZK-o/TzZ3Q6yHDHI/AAAAAAAAEvg/IgEeSf55sf0/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+(95).jpg This is amazing!

Edit: Is there a Youtube tutorial?? Someone? Plzzz :flower:

Colourful
February 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks for sharing! :)

B-L
February 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Thank you for the link, eyesofsummer!

Many of the styles were very beautiful, especially the girl with the beautiful chestnut hair which was braided in a soft loop effect. Very elegant and graceful.

Slight rant: why can't people understand the concept of "less is more" when it comes to putting flowers in their hair? And make them smaller while they're at it? I want to enjoy the hair, not the decorations!

I was thinking the same thing.
All though this one (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fPi4pkhCit8/TzZ2tmXWdNI/AAAAAAAAEsY/uaDGvjcaXZU/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+(72).jpg) is beautiful because of the trees around. It's a stunning picture setting.

morrigan*
February 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks for posting that :D it's awsome.

hellucy
February 16th, 2012, 08:13 AM
:agape: Some of those styles are amazing .... wish my hair would hurry up & grow, grow, grow. - I REAALLLLY want to be able to put my hair into something as gorgeous as some of those braids.
Thanks for sharing the link.

maborosi
February 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
There are some pretty cool styles on there, but a lot of it seems to be made up of herringbone braids, cascade/waterfall braids, and bright/unusual colors.

Some of them are really cool, though!

~maborosi~

CareBear
February 16th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the link! It is always nice to see inspirational photos like that.
A lot of damaged hair though.

Cowgirl16
February 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
So many beautiful styles! Thank you for sharing :)

Signe
February 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I wish they came with tutorials! They are sooooo awesome!

AspenSong
February 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Wow! Makes me wish I had nice thick hair and a BFF to braid my hair all those ways or money to hire someone to do it for me! lol

Woosh
February 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing.
All though this one (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fPi4pkhCit8/TzZ2tmXWdNI/AAAAAAAAEsY/uaDGvjcaXZU/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+%2872%29.jpg) is beautiful because of the trees around. It's a stunning picture setting.

I love that picture. Hopefully my hair will look like that when it's that long! Makes me feel a bit better about being wavy too.

Darkhorse1
February 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
:( I can't see the page--link doesn't work for me.

Darkhorse1
February 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
weird...after I posted that, it worked....

newbeginning
February 16th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Some people out there have the most amazing braiding skills. The funky coloured hair was great too. Thanks for posting.

GoldberryHair
February 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Wow these are really pretty, I love all the tye-dye ones, and the ones with flowers and accent braids...im off tmrw...hmm... looks like I've filled my schedule hehe I'm gonna try some of these!

Kayla112509
February 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM
oooooh I know what I'm doing this weekend! Lots of new styles to try!

TheMechaGinger
February 16th, 2012, 02:05 PM
This is so cool thanks for posting!

PinkyCat
February 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
This is my favorite. I wonder if there's something in there - like a sock bun? What could it be....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ym8D9Qr0v8U/TzZ2h-W2BKI/AAAAAAAAErg/mCAjUsG-1gU/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+(66).jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ym8D9Qr0v8U/TzZ2h-W2BKI/AAAAAAAAErg/mCAjUsG-1gU/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+(66).jpg)

PianoPlaye
February 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Just Wow!
Thankyou for the link - inspirational & just stunning. :thudpile:
Can anyone here do that basketweave type braid On Themselves or is it a game for at least 2 players?
Still not urged to colour but appreciate it on others.

longcurlygirl<3
February 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
That was amazing! But be hard to achieve with my curls :( but some look awfully painful. Beautiful though. Thanks!

spidermom
February 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Oh wow! I had to save the site. I wish a lot of those came with instructions, but I understood what was going on with a lot of them as well. There is no excuse for being bored with my hair!

papera
February 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Beautiful!! There are some amazing hairstyles!! :thud:
(just a pity there are no tutorials ...)

thanks for sharing, truly inspirational :blossom:

HylianGirl
February 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Wow, those are beautiful! Makes me feel like playing with my hair xD

This is my favorite. I wonder if there's something in there - like a sock bun? What could it be....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ym8D9Qr0v8U/TzZ2h-W2BKI/AAAAAAAAErg/mCAjUsG-1gU/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+%2866%29.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ym8D9Qr0v8U/TzZ2h-W2BKI/AAAAAAAAErg/mCAjUsG-1gU/s1600/amazing-hairstyle-different-braids-bun-blonde-colored-purple-pink-maron-french-braid-flower-braid-long-hair+%2866%29.jpg)

I think that girl has lots of teasing and hairspray on her head =/ Two things I'm not very fond of doing... though I could be wrong, maybe someone else here that has some sort of tip on achiving this look =)

HylianGirl
February 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM
hahah I just noticed my last commet seemed really hypocritical considering my avatar xD Not that I think teasing and hairspray looks bad, I'm just not brave enough to do that on my hair =)

MsBubbles
February 16th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Oh wow! I had to save the site. I wish a lot of those came with instructions, but I understood what was going on with a lot of them as well. There is no excuse for being bored with my hair!

I know! I want to know how to do so many of these. We need to get some of our gifted braiders here (including you!) to try some of these out and post instructions for the more braiding challenged (including me!).

ETA: Note to self: Here are more info/photos (http://ibraidhair.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/maiden-braids/) on one of the updos. I think I found it by accident or coincidence but Google probably knew what I had just been looking at! I wonder if this is anybody's page from here? I really want to learn some of these braids, so I wanted to put this link here to go back to when I have time to devote to it.

Vasilissa
February 17th, 2012, 07:43 AM
So many beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing this with all of us! :blossom:

rock007junkie
February 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
These look great. I wish they would have provided instructions for them though.

dwell_in_safety
February 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Oh, these are beautiful! I can't wait until my hair's long enough to do most of them. lol.