PDA

View Full Version : Best Time to Microtrim?

HollywoodRouge
February 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
When is the best time to micro trim or dust your hair?
Right after washing, on dry hair? 2 day old hair? Damp hair? Wet hair?
Just about to trim 2mm off my hair, and can't decide if i should do it now, or after washing.

Madora
February 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Trim when the hair is completely dry. You get a more accurate trim at that time.

jeanniet
February 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I try to trim when it's damp after washing, because my hair is thick and it's easier to do a good job, but I've trimmed dry too. I can get away with not being perfectly even because my hair curls and you can't tell if the ends are straight.

MissManda
February 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I prefer to trim my hair dry and when it is in need of washing. It is easier and more precise for me to cut my hair dry as opposed to wet or damp when my hair can be made to lie in the wrong direction or tangle very easily. Trimming clean hair is all right, too, but I prefer to deal with it when it is less fluffy and frizzy and my natural oils can help keep everything in place.

Freckled.Thing
February 14th, 2012, 11:23 PM
I prefer to trim when my hair is still mostly wet. That's the only time when my hair lies completely straight and there's no point trying to trim it with waves in it because the waves vary from day to day.

If you have very straight hair though or hair that curls the same was all of the time then you might prefer to do it dry.

lapushka
February 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I get my hair trimmed right before washing. By then the waves are almost gone from my hair, so it's nice and even when brushed out. Mine's cut dry, because that seems to be the easiest when using Feye's self-trimming as a guide.

white.chocolate
February 15th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Dry or wet? You have 1a/1b hair so I believe it's better to trim when dry. That way, you'll be able to measure the hair more effectively, and also as Madora had said. I don't really know exactly when you should trim, but I trim after a wash when my hair isn't oily (on the scalp). I find it more refreshing to trim right after a wash.

Amber_Maiden
February 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I only trim when my hair is dry.

MissHair
February 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
When I've gone to the hairdresser they always trim/cut my air when it's wet. I used to trim myself when my hair was wet but I prefer doing it when it's dry now. First I straighten my hair with a flatiron to get an exact lenght that is not influenced by waves and then I trim it dry.

MonaLisa
February 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I trim it right after washing, but when it's dry! And I comb it a lot as it dries, to get it as straight as possible..
My hair texture allows me to make it very straight by combing or it goes very wavy with no coming at all :)

beez1717
February 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mom trims my hair when it needs to be trimmed. I'm so bad at keeping a straight line that before you know it, I'd have short hair again! I do it about twice a year or so.