PDA

View Full Version : Lush's Massage Bars - on my hair!

PeachyWavy
February 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
My oh my, where will the LHC madness take me next?! I've been scouring the labels of any lotion and moisturiser in attempt to see if they can be used on my hair! I had two massage bars that I don't really love to use often (too time consuming), in Wiccy Magic Muscles and Each's Peach. I am very happy to say, I love using them both! I do prefer the Each's Peach because it smells divine!

Here's the ingredients if anyone's wanting to know:

Wiccy Magic Muscles:
Cocoa Butter, Aduki Beans, Shea Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, *Cinnamyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume

Each's Peach:
Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Perfume, Avocado Butter, Mango Kernel Butter, Lime Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Mandarin Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Safflower Petals, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool

So go on then! Next time you whip out a Lush bar, try it on your hair! You might fall in love like me!

PixxieStix
February 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hmmmm, I have two at home that might have to be re-purposed for the sake of a hair experiment. :D Thanks for sharing!

serin blackwood
February 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I've used Lush's Silky Underwear Powder as a dry shampoo, as well. Some of their stuff has pretty good, natural ingredients...
What did you do with the bars? Rub them on dry? Melt and use as an oil treatment?

PeachyWavy
February 15th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I've used Lush's Silky Underwear Powder as a dry shampoo, as well. Some of their stuff has pretty good, natural ingredients...
What did you do with the bars? Rub them on dry? Melt and use as an oil treatment?

I rubbed them between my hands and smoothed it on as you would for oiling, and then when I did a treatment I cut a little bit off and melted it in the microwave! It was great both ways! :D

maborosi
February 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Wow, I have never thought of doing this! I have Each Peach and Therapy, and I usually use them when my skin's dry. This would be a very interesting use for them.

~maborosi~

gracenotes
February 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I can't even articulate how excited this made me. I LOVE Lush products, and I tend to forget to use the massage bars as often as I want. But I love the scents! This is SUCH a fantastic idea. Do you find that they give you any buildup?

PeachyWavy
February 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I can't even articulate how excited this made me. I LOVE Lush products, and I tend to forget to use the massage bars as often as I want. But I love the scents! This is SUCH a fantastic idea. Do you find that they give you any buildup?

Your excitement must at least match mine when I first discovered this too! It depends really, my hair's always liked cocoa and shea butter, so I don't seem to be getting any build up issues with it, with using conditioner-only washing or shampoo bars. I guess it depends if your hair is the sort to tolerate butters! My favourite thing, apart from the softness, is the smell of using Each's Peach! Have fun! :D

CandyFluff
February 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM
After much experimentation I've found that my favourite way of using Lush massage bars is on wet skin in the shower after I've washed. I rub it on lightly all over. The heat helps them melt much much better, and quicker, and the water helps moisturise. Then I massage the oil in with my hands, concentrating on the dry areas, and finally run my oily hands through my hair. I don't rinse off. Pat dry with a towel, you don't want to rub all the oil off. Works fantastic. I'm currently using Cosmic Dreamcatcher which has been discontinued for a few years now but still smells great.

gracenotes
February 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Trying Heavanilli as a deep treatment right now! Can't wait to see how it turns out. It smells lovely :D

Kaelee
February 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Oh wow! I don't have any massage bars but I do have some rose scented shea butter. Maybe I will try that instead of my usual coconut oil.

KatyS
March 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM
I've done this before I read this!!! It's AMAZING - I use Mange Too massage bar - only to find out they now don't have it! Sob! :(

Mopolop
March 22nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
Ahhh, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

My credit card expired, and I wanted to buy some shea butter to try on my hair. The only place near where I live I thought might sell it was lush - ended up buying a peace massage bar since it had the simplest ingredients (mainly cocoa butter and shea butter). I usually put a small amount of the ends of my hair while its damp, makes them nice and soft :)

SapphiraSilver
March 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Can anyone recommend which is the best massage bar from Lush to use on your hair? I can't decide which one to buy. Which one is best moisturising?

EDIT: I tried Heavanilli. Just put some on my ends on dry hair, its amazing, I love it.

Kathie
April 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I'll be trying this tonight- will report back with results :)

MagicalMystery
April 18th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Interesting... I also love the Strawberry Feels Forever bar. Huge fan of the Magic Muscles one too... but, curious question, because it contains cinnamon oil (of which I'm the biggest fan), would it lighten hair in the long run?

Konstifik
April 19th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Oh yes, lush massage bars + hair = awesome!

I ue glitterbug in my hair for my daily dose of glitter. I'm convinced that it is the glitter that does all the good! :D

PrincessIdril
April 19th, 2012, 02:49 AM
hmm I might give this a shot. I adore Lush products but rarely use the massage bars. Gives me an excuse to buy one! The closest I've got to a massage bar is Tiny Hands, which is a solid hand cream. Not sure its a good idea to put that on my hair! (Though my hands love it!)

longhairedleah
April 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM
that's so smart!!!!!!!!

I abandoned lush (except for BIG shampoo, i tried baking soda, CO and everything, but a tiny bit of big goes a long way for me!) since my experimenting/joining LHC, but even though I do regular mayo treatments, my hair is missing the protein and proper moisture that Lush products seemed to give me (tressemme naturals and suave ingredients, or lack there of, just dont seem to cut it for me).

I am definitely going to try this out! Was gonna head to Lush this afternoon!! Glad I saw this first :) I was going to buy jungle and retread like I used to (I'm going to continue to say goodbye to american cream, i think i pretended my hair liked it because of the smell), but I don't like the smell of jungle... it smells like... a jungle.

Thanks so much for the tip! How i love LHC.

morrigan*
April 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I used strawberry shaped one once, it's smell wonderful, also my hair was very soft. Now i'm thinking to buy glitter one for special occasions :D

Kathie
April 19th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I liked the results! Yet another weapon to add to my hair care arsenal :agree:

gogirlanime
April 19th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I will have to try this!! I still have a little bit left of one but haven't been using it because I can't wear perfumed things at my job. I'll just have to use it on one of my days off

longhairedleah
April 20th, 2012, 07:53 AM
on a similar note, body butters can also be used!

I'm thinking of getting "king of skin" body butter (depending on the smell) instead of a massage bar because it also has avocado and oatmeal in it which sounds good for my hair's protein-thirst that never seems to get quenched!!

I'm really excited about all this because I think for all the years I was only using lush and yet still had very dry hair (pre-LHC) it was maybe because I was using sls-containing conditioners as a LEAVE-IN :S

RedheadMistress
June 14th, 2012, 07:10 AM
- I use Lush's massage bars in my hair too and my fave is the small one that's covered in purple glitter, maybe called glitter bug ? It smells amazing and make my entire hair glittery !