PDA

View Full Version : Hendigo-heads, help!:)

Tsopana
February 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hello everybody! Well, I stopped bleaching my hair about a year ago. Since then, I've had several henna applications, only two of which included my (several-inches-long) roots, hoping that the colour of the ends would darken to match the roots.. I was obviously wrong!

This picture shows the colour difference between the hennaed roots and the hennaed ends.
My natural hair colour is light-medium brown. Therefore I now figured, that if I dye the ends with hendigo, they will start to blend with the roots.. Is that thought correct? If yes, does anyone have
any idea on what proportions of henna and indigo I should use, since I don't want the result to be
brown, I want it to be auburn..? Additionally, I have never used indigo before, so I'd have to order some online. I discovered that indigo powder is sold on e-bay:

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/-100--Pure-Indigo-Powder-Last-Crop--100-g-35-oz/260786626922/item

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/100--Pure-Indigo-Powder-Last--Crop-100-gr-35-oz/370511590783/item

Do you think these are ok, or should I order from Henna Boy?

Thanks in advance!!:D

Tsopana
February 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ok, as I see, the picture isn't showing... If anybody has a clue on how to upload a picture, please let me know!

GlennaGirl
February 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Ok, as I see, the picture isn't showing... If anybody has a clue on how to upload a picture, please let me know!

You need to put it into something public like Photobucket (on public setting), then c&p the link. :)

Tsopana
February 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Ok, thanks!! How about now?

http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/tsopana25/?action=view&current=P2130027.jpg

PixxieStix
February 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Wow, I could almost have sworn that was a picture of my hair! I have several inches of roots darker than the hair I bleached prior to dying with henna, but I kind of like it, and it'll be fun for me to see how much growth I had in a year, since I'm hopeless with measuring I just measure the roots! But I think the hendigo thing should work well for you, provided you only put it on the previously bleached ends. Now, from my understanding, sometimes the indigo can fade quickly, so it might take a few applications to get it to "stick". And since henna needs A LOT of push to get it to be any other color than red, maybe start with a 50/50 mix and go from there? Hope all goes well for you!

Amber_Maiden
February 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I would say a mix of 70 indigo/30 henna would do the trick. I think much more henna then that and you'll get more of a dark burgundy then a brown.

Tsopana
February 15th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Thank you so much for your replies! I didn't know that indigo fades, I thought it was as permanent as henna..
Do you know perhaps any practical way of dying only the ends of the hair?

Tsopana
February 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
A friend of mine suggested me to do an indigo-only-gloss and leave it for 30 min... Would that better than a hendigo application? Anyone??