PDA

View Full Version : A "poster"

W2
February 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Is there anywhere, I can find a "poster" or something with every bun imaginable - preferebly with how to's?

The thing is, that sometimes I see a bun with a tutorial - and can't remember the name - so I can't find the tutorial again.

littleizz
February 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm skeptical that something like this is out there - but if anybody on the forum has the time and resources to create something like this, I'd buy it!!!

jacqueline101
February 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I've never heard of one but it would be neat.

Seeshami
February 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Make a bun diary. I don't think they could fit them all on a poster...Maybe stamp sized pictures on a super king sized blanket...

Anje
February 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I suspect it would end up being a very large poster.......

In the meantime, try the Hairstyle Dictionary. (http://hairstyledictionary.ztn.net/)

lapushka
February 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
No, but you could go through the "articles" / "hair styling" section here on LHC and look up a lot of buns and howtos that way. If it's still not clear from the article alone, try doing a search on Youtube for that particular bun.

littleizz
February 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Make a bun diary. I don't think they could fit them all on a poster...Maybe stamp sized pictures on a super king sized blanket...I agree, but honestly, I think a lot of buns that have been listed on here are kind of redundant. I'm not as in-tune to the intricacies of buns as some seem to be, as evidenced by the fact that I almost exclusively use cinna- and pencil buns :rolleyes: I would love a collection of main styles/updoes, not necessarily all of the variations of each.

I've gone as far as to make a list on a stickynote for my mirror of stuff like: twist, fishtail, cinnabun, gibson tuck, cascade, lace, sock, french twist, etc. to give me ideas in the morning when I'm stumped, but I'd love to be able to stare at a few pictures and say "Hhmm, which of these do I feel like doing with my hair today..."

Seeshami
February 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I agree, but honestly, I think a lot of buns that have been listed on here are kind of redundant. I'm not as in-tune to the intricacies of buns as some seem to be, as evidenced by the fact that I almost exclusively use cinna- and pencil buns :rolleyes: I would love a collection of main styles/updoes, not necessarily all of the variations of each.

I've gone as far as to make a list on a stickynote for my mirror of stuff like: twist, fishtail, cinnabun, gibson tuck, cascade, lace, sock, french twist, etc. to give me ideas in the morning when I'm stumped, but I'd love to be able to stare at a few pictures and say "Hhmm, which of these do I feel like doing with my hair today..."

Picture book I think. With pop ups. :D

Moonlake
February 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM

W2
February 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Okay then.

But then help me - I've seen (and tried) this doe, where you gather the hair, put the fork on the top and then twist the tail. When the open end is up, the rest of the hair goes around. Then the fork goes from the top and down.

Does any of you know what I'm talking about? :p

salvia
February 14th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Sounds like either an orchid bun or a lazy wrap bun to me.

RapunzelKat
February 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Sounds like possibly the Pha Bun? There's a YouTube video you can check out to see if it's the right one... :)

W2
February 14th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you - it's the Pha bun - wearing it right now with a pencil.

RapunzelKat
February 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Yay! :bounce:

I've been wanting to try this one, but I thought you had to have a hairfork and I don't have one yet... maybe I will give it a try with a hairstick tonite :)

W2
February 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yay! :bounce:

I've been wanting to try this one, but I thought you had to have a hairfork and I don't have one yet... maybe I will give it a try with a hairstick tonite :)

I won't go for a run with it but gets my hair out of the way

beez1717
February 15th, 2012, 02:44 AM
I'm thinking it would be cool to have a set of posters. That way we could collect them to get more4 styles :D

fridgee
February 15th, 2012, 05:22 AM
How about something like this: http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/style-index/ Click on each picture and it takes you to the tutorial (which are all excellent).

wandlimb
February 15th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I made my own book of favourite hairdos in an A5 ring binder, so I can add to it.

pepperminttea
February 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
How about something like this: http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/style-index/ Click on each picture and it takes you to the tutorial (which are all excellent).

Kind of in the same vein, here's enfys' blog styles page (which is impressive to say the least):
http://1000daysofhair.blogspot.com/p/styles.html

fridgee
February 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Kind of in the same vein, here's enfys' blog styles page (which is impressive to say the least):
http://1000daysofhair.blogspot.com/p/styles.html

That page is amazing and a great reference! Sooo many different buns!

SoulOfTheSea
February 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Oh that is something interesting I have never thought of doing before- making a list of hairstyles and sticking it on my mirror in the morning to help me with ideas for what I'm going to wear that day. That is quite genius. But I agree, a collective picture of all hairstyles with active links to tutorials would be amazing! Can't believe it hasn't been made yet. :o

Madora
February 15th, 2012, 10:37 AM
If an internet hair guru would like to make a poster of her online copywrited bun photos I am sure she could sell quite a few. I know that I would buy one to remind me of styles that I want to rotate wearing.
She could promote selling them from her youtube channel.

That would be so nice to have! :blossom:

While it would be interesting to have a poster of available buns, it really needs a dvd to go with it...to actually see how the style is created.

Also, since some buns are more suited for longer hair, it would be nice is some enterprising person categorized them by length of hair required for the style.