PDA

View Full Version : good Indian hair-dye

clematis
February 14th, 2012, 02:15 AM
i think i saw an indian thread somewhere can't seem to find it now

clematis
February 14th, 2012, 02:29 AM
my hair as yet cannot do without the permenent chemical hair dye. i had heard that powder hair dyes (without ammonia) are suppose to be milder than the liquid ones. started using Bigen - but it's really very drying.
i know a lot of ladies here use indian products for their hair & that there are quite a few indian ladies here.
I would like to know if anybody has used Godrej hair dyes & which ones? there are so many in the market now that i'm confused. Color soft is supposed to be good - i want to use something with minimum damage - as i'm in my 50's - & my hair does fall & is dry.
there is Color Soft - which is liquid -
Renew - both powder & liquid
& color Expert - powder.
i prefer dark colors.
There is also Indica powder hair dye.
has anybody used any of these ranges & can anyone recommend?
i've used l'oreal but it does not suit my hair.
thanks

cuties
February 14th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I don't know about Indian hair dyes, but I tried this "Light mountain natural hair color with conditioner - black http://www.amazon.com/Light-Mountain-Natural-Color-Conditioner/dp/B001ET7L9O/ref=sr_1_16?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1329237898&sr=1-16" and though it is very messy to use, I got excellent results. I followed the instructions on the leaflet and it says to use heat, I rather sat in the sun for 45 min. It has been more than a week and the color is still going strong and also the conditioning effects were very good. Not at all drying. Yes, I did an overnight oiling the day I used it and didn't shampoo till next morning. I just used some baking soda to get the color out of hair, but since some is still left until you shampoo, I recommend protecting your pillow cover from accidental staining.

clematis
February 14th, 2012, 11:53 PM
cuties - thanks for replying - will look into it.

only there are so many varities available easily here - was wondering if anyone has used the hair dyes mentioned.

the powder hair dyes are supposed to have a lot of herbs - esp. indica & godrej - of course chemicals too - the dreaded ppp - but i think they've kind of regulated the amount.

color soft is a liquid dye - supposed to have passed the test! - godrej powder hair dyes ar the most popular here.

my problem is i've experimented so much with my hair - was wondering if anyone can recommend something good - tried & tested!

sycamoreboutiqu
February 15th, 2012, 12:09 AM
What color are you looking to achieve ?

Henna will be red red/orange or auburn on darker hair, but Indigo usually is also used in combination with Henna to get a true black (Indigo being blue will fade to weirdness if used alone on anything but black hair).

I use henna from both suppliers and from Indian supermarkets, both have worked well. I am a medium brown / light medium brown naturally (though I haven't seen it in 20 years) with some grey and I use henna inbetween touching up my roots / grey with commercial color (henna gets too dark for me to use every 2 weeks for root coverage).

My avatar shows the color results on my color level - which is a 5 or 6 on the hair color scale ( 1 being Black and 10 or 11 being pale or white blonde).

clematis
February 16th, 2012, 12:52 AM
i'm looking for a dark color almost black.

godrej has gentle black & soft black was just wondering if anyone has used the range?

henna color does not suit my skin - & i really cannot do the henna indgo thing - it's a bit too much - could do it when i was younger.

thanks for replying - your hair is beautiful!