PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else change your hairdo several times a day?

Curlsgirl
July 18th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I just posted on another thread that I changed my hair 4 times today. It seems I often do that. I wake up, decide to maybe leave my hair down, get hot or it gets in my way (always) so I put it in a ponytail. Ponytail starts pulling (always) then I do a loose braid. Get home and want to relax, braid is messy so I take it down and put it in a crown bun with tiny claws.

I don't always do this but it does seem like I change my hair quite often. Others have multiple updo personalities? :poot:

spidermom
July 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Oh my goodness, yes! Some days nothing works. It slides out, pulls, twists sideways, and so forth. So I do my hair and re-do it and then do it again and then ....

Patrycja
July 18th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Yes!! I'm part of the Updo Challenge(day 76 of 100) and I haven't had a full day down yet.I keep wanting too but then it gets hot and in my way so-up it goes.Happens nearly every time I wash :lol: I also have to readjust my buns/twists/braids through out the day.

Nyghtingale
July 18th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Me too. I readjust several times throughout the day. seems to get heavy and starts to pull, so i let it down, then put it back up.

Riot Crrl
July 18th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Not unless I have to. The more I mess with it the more frizz and ends stick out.

Ohio Sky
July 18th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Even if I manage to make a secure updo first thing in the morning, which is rare, I still have to mess with it. At the most, it will make it until I get home from work, then I can't help but to change it.

Darkhorse1
July 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Always. Between doing things around the house and at work, I'll have my hair in several different styles. I also find updos make my scalp tender after awhile, so I leave it long and flowing when possible. :)

Sofoulee
July 18th, 2008, 11:04 PM
That would be me!:bow:

Even if I wear my hair up for the majority of the day, I get home and decide to mess around with it a bit more, because somehow I feel that it needs the change??? haha, I don't know.. that's just me!

yldchyld
July 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Man, I'm lucky if I change my hairdo once every three days. (take it out of a braid)

If I am at home doing nothing except house and yard work, the hair stays in a braid forever.

daydreamer
July 18th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I'm always changing my hairdo! Even if it's just a braid day, it will often change from a braid to a side braid and back again. Then a bun, then down, then braid, etc etc etc. I guess I don't like having it in one position for too long usually. Maybe my scalp gets tired of being pulled in one direction or something.

Periwinkle
July 19th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Yes, all the time! I'll get up in the morning and put it up with sticks, but then realise they're not going to hold so I change it to a ponytail as I run out of the door, and then I'll braid it at school and get in and put it up with sticks again because I can redo it as many times as I like, then I'll find something new to try and wear that all evening, and then I'll braid it for bed, and then...

It's an endless cycle. I must say, though, that now I've discovered misting, I've been able to leave my hair alone all the time I'm at school without it looking like something made a nest in it, which is a major achievement for me :D

winter_star
July 19th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Usually I re-do my hair a few times before going to work (sometimes if i'm in a rush I leave it out). Then half way through the day it's pulled out or braided. I then sometimes put it up into a ponytail for the train ride home. When I get home I put it into a bun after my shower and finally I leave it out or braid it before going to bed!

And well... I won't even mention my weekend routine.

Vainjane
July 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yes. Especially on wash days, if I don't take time to get it up before work... Get to work with damp hair down, by mid-morning it is down & falling in my face, so I grab a pony or clip to keep it out of my face. At lunch I catch a glimse at my quick doo :eek: & get to the bathroom to rearange. The clip hardly ever stays, so I end up rearanging again or braiding.
I suspect my rearanging is due mostly to length (MBL) & partly to texture (ribbony).

Kiraela
July 19th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Oh, gosh yes. I have gone through two cinnamon buns, a braid, an attempt at a gibson tuck, and an inside out bun, so far today, and I've only been awake for about five hours.

Curlsgirl
July 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Okay today it was "down" for about 5 hours, got home and did 2 french braids and then took it down again, not bad compared to usual :)

tobikay
July 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I love to play with my hair. When it is down I will have my fingers in it constantly. So, it goes to figure that somehow I am never happy with my up do for long...it comes down and goes back up a different way.