PDA

View Full Version : What color is your hair?

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I have dark blonde hair. When I was a baby my parents told me I had white blonde hair. When I was little all the way up until I was maybe 14 or 15, my hair was still light blonde. It slowly got a bit darker in high school, and when I graduated high schol I had darker blonde colored hair.

When I go away for vacation, and in the summer I go to the beach and the heat and the sun makes my hair a lot lighter, almost as light blonde as I was when I was a kid.

Hollyfire3
February 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Naturally, brown boring warmish brown.( I don't know if you know who Holly Marie Combs is but i want her hair color when she has it darker, her hair is natually brown like mine) I dye it dark chestnut, i like it alot better this way, sometimes nature isn't always right!:)

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Naturally?

I was born with black, tight curls... At around age 2, my hair was red.. then it grew in blonde around age 3.. I have pictures of looking like I have dip dyed hair because of the red ends lol... It became more wavy/wurly as it grew longer, very light blonde, very yellowy blonde.. borderline a strawberry blonde..

I dye it dark brown right now with henna.. before that, semi-permanent...

I have green eyes and naturally light skin..

With my natural hair, just the sun would lighten it to almost white.. if I used Sun-in, it would become more of a golden platinum... I'm in my 20's and my hair has never "darkened" much..

melusine963
February 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I am an ex-blonde. My hair went from being very golden when I was a toddler, to darker and darker as I got older. I'm not even sure what to call it now. When I have my camera up and running again I'll post some pictures and ask for opinions (and advice on hair-typing).

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Naturally, brown boring warmish brown.( I don't know if you know who Holly Marie Combs is but i want her hair color when she has it darker, her hair is natually brown like mine) I dye it dark chestnut, i like it alot better this way, sometimes nature isn't always right!:)

I didn't know who she was but I goggled Holly and I found out anyway. She has nice long dark hair. I agree, the color look nice on her and I'm sure it is a nice looking color on you too.

owlathena
February 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Its medium/dark brown. The sun lightens it a bit, and I henna. So its burgundy now.

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Naturally?

I was born with black, tight curls... At around age 2, my hair was red.. then it grew in blonde around age 3.. I have pictures of looking like I have dip dyed hair because of the red ends lol... It became more wavy/wurly as it grew longer, very light blonde, very yellowy blonde.. borderline a strawberry blonde..

I dye it dark brown right now with henna.. before that, semi-permanent...

I have green eyes and naturally light skin..

With my natural hair, just the sun would lighten it to almost white.. if I used Sun-in, it would become more of a golden platinum... I'm in my 20's and my hair has never "darkened" much..

That is interesting. You had a lot of different haircolor changes in your life. My hair also lightens a LOT in the summer to a light blonde or when I go away for vacation to somewhere warm like Cozumel or Costa Rica.

Sillage
February 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM
My hair is a dyed medium brown. My natural color is a mix of dark brown and bright white.

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
That is interesting. You had a lot of different haircolor changes in your life. My hair also lightens a LOT in the summer to a light blonde or when I go away for vacation to somewhere warm like Cozumel or Costa Rica.

My brother and 2 sisters had the same hair color journey lol.. We are Scottish, Irish and Cherokee Indian mostly.. so I'm wondering if it's something to do with our genetics...

Amber_Maiden
February 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Naturally?

Well, I was born blonde- very blonde. Then it turned gold blonde, and darkened until it was dark brown/almost black, and then it started going reddish brown (sometimes turning orange strawberry blonde), and bleach blonde (again- summer), and back to dark brown (teenager) and then auburn (still teenager), and then it went red/auburn. Now it's red auburn in some places, and I henna it to keep it that way- my new growth though suggests it's going back to blonde (an ash blonde).

spidermom
February 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
It went from pale golden blonde to a sort of mid-level golden blonde. Now it's going toward white and silver.

t_ballet26
February 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Natural blonde hair is more common among young children than adults, as blonde hair usually darkens to a brunette shade with age.

I was born with red hair, that fell out as a baby and grew back in as a light blonde. Sadly my hair is now a light to medium brown.

Diamond.Eyes
February 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
My natural hair color is a very rich ginger-orange color. It was very rich when I was a child but also a bit lighter. It has darkened since then. I am quite happy that my hair has remained vibrant as I've grown older, because a lot of redheads in my family have had their hair fade to brown as early as 16. Hopefully I have another decade or so of vibrant hair :p.

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Natural blonde hair is more common among young children than adults, as blonde hair usually darkens to a brunette shade with age.

I was born with red hair, that fell out as a baby and grew back in as a light blonde. Sadly my hair is now a light to medium brown.

There are plenty of people in my family and several of my friends that have never had their naturally blonde hair darken.. why the emphasis on this?? :confused:

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
My brother and 2 sisters had the same hair color journey lol.. We are Scottish, Irish and Cherokee Indian mostly.. so I'm wondering if it's something to do with our genetics...

There are plenty of people in my family and several of my friends that have never had their naturally blonde hair darken.. why the emphasis on this?? :confused:

That is an interesting family history. TY for sharing that with us. :)

And I agree with you, I have a lot of my friends (they are fellow Uni students) who are platinum blonde naturally. They never bleached their hair at all. Yes, a lot of women nowadays get blonde highlights and everything, but there are also many people who don't do that and they are natural blondes who have never colored their hair.

jacqueline101
February 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Blonde and brown mixed.

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Naturally?

Well, I was born blonde- very blonde. Then it turned gold blonde, and darkened until it was dark brown/almost black, and then it started going reddish brown (sometimes turning orange strawberry blonde), and bleach blonde (again- summer), and back to dark brown (teenager) and then auburn (still teenager), and then it went red/auburn. Now it's red auburn in some places, and I henna it to keep it that way- my new growth though suggests it's going back to blonde (an ash blonde).

Wow that is very interesting. Your hair can't make up its mind what color it wants to be LOL. But that's cool. :)

I guess I like all different haircolors. Even the not natural colors like purple hair or blue hair or pink hair. I'm not too much a fan of green hair however. As long as the hair is shiny looking, I think it looks healthy and nice.

Kira94
February 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
My hair is naturally a medium/dark warm brown. It was some reddish highlights when the light hits it.
When I was younger it was more of a golden brown, but it's darkened a bit now that I'm older. :)

battles
February 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
My natural color.. in most lighting, it appears light ash brown. I have some silver sparklies and a few red strands but the majority is pretty ashy. I wish I hadn't hennaed my hair.

Nedertane
February 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Mine's a very dark blonde/light brown. I feel that it's closer to blonde, though, since it has more yellowy-golden undertones, though. Gets much lighter with enough sun exposure, though.

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM
It went from pale golden blonde to a sort of mid-level golden blonde. Now it's going toward white and silver.

The same thing happened to both my grandpa and now my father. Well actually, they were both much lighter blonde. My grandpa now has all white hair, but when he was younger he had light blonde hair all his young life and it never darkened at all. If anything, the blonde color he had when he was young was the darker color, and only when he got elderly did it become white. He became white very fast according to what he told me himself, like in just a few years!
My father is also light blonde. He doesn't have any white hair yet, but I'm sure in the next decade or so he's gotta sprout a few white hairs since it runs on our family.

aisha.christine
February 13th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Naturally, last time I saw it, it was dark auburn. It was a golden brown/blonde color when I was a kid, and then I got a lot of red tones in puberty. I currently am dying it with indigo, but the roots look like they're trying to come in golden brown and even ash blonde in some places. If I wasn't such a chicken, I might grow out whatever is coming in, but I'm afraid that changes in hormones would result in yet another color change.

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Naturally, last time I saw it, it was dark auburn. It was a golden brown/blonde color when I was a kid, and then I got a lot of red tones in puberty. I currently am dying it with indigo, but the roots look like they're trying to come in golden brown and even ash blonde in some places. If I wasn't such a chicken, I might grow out whatever is coming in, but I'm afraid that changes in hormones would result in yet another color change.

I like the color you have in your avatar aisha. It looks shiny and nice. The indigo is good for you, it makes your hair a nice color.

SHADOWSCODE46
February 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Natural colour: Off black & the canopy a very dark brown.
Currently: 75% Indigo & Purple 25% natural colour.

Kelikea
February 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
My hair is the color in my avatar. There are other examples in my album. Not blonde enough to be blonde, brown enough to be brown, or red enough to be red. It is also slightly darker and gingery than when I was younger. I don't know what to call it:)

PixxieStix
February 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Well, I was born with gorgeous brighter red hair, as I grew older it got a little darker. After 14 years of pulling out my hair, it is now naturally a medium/dark auburn, and I use henna to give it more red tones. So, I'm still auburn, but with more emphasis on the red now. :)

jc10event
February 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Mine is a nice medium brown depending on the weather. I have moved a couple times from warm to cold to warm over the last three years and it is a little darker right now because but i can tell it will lighten back up.
It can get pretty light in the summer like my picture but darkens again. It always has just the slightest hint of red.
What i really want is a vibrant red.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69644363@N06/6330087058/in/photostream

Long_hair_bear
February 13th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately, it's no longer purple. :(Mine is naturally dark brown.

Miss Maisie
February 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Mine is dark brown. It was a little lighter when I was a baby, then darkened to almost black. and now it's just a nice, deep brown with snow white highlights!

FrozenBritannia
February 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
i was blonde. Light ash blonde. It darkened up so that in pictures indoors it looked almost brown, but outside it still looked really blonde. Then I started dying it. My virgin roots now... Well, I don't know what colour they are. Hubby says mousy brown.

MissManda
February 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM
My hair color has been pretty much the same color for my entire life. It's a medium-ish brown with red and gold tones. It doesn't sun bleach all that much, but it does lighten very easily when exposed to chemicals.

Gingerbear
February 13th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I was born sort of a reddish brown/auburn color. As I got older I lost some of the reddish hues and it got to be a flat brown with a few grey hairs peeking around. So now I color it blonde.

elthia
February 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Dark brown almost black with red and gold tones, now I henna so I have copper and auburn tones and the dark brown has lightened to a medium brown. It's still pretty dark though.

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
i was blonde. Light ash blonde. It darkened up so that in pictures indoors it looked almost brown, but outside it still looked really blonde. Then I started dying it. My virgin roots now... Well, I don't know what colour they are. Hubby says mousy brown.

Yeah I know a few people with hair like that. They were born very light blonde and were blonde when they were little. Then when they got to puberty, hormones change and their hair started getting darker.

My own hair has followed a less extreme version of that path. It actually still looks blonde if I'm standing in the sun. But when I'm indoors or its dark, my hair has this dark blonde/light brown color going on.

constantki
February 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
My hair is a dark brown almost black color but I have a lot of grays growing in despite being only 17 years old. My mother has blue eyes/blonde hair and my father has black hair. Guess who I took after?

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 07:59 PM
My hair is a dark brown almost black color but I have a lot of grays growing in despite being only 17 years old. My mother has blue eyes/blonde hair and my father has black hair. Guess who I took after?

Sounds like your father. :)

lunardaydreamer
February 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Wow, I've enjoyed reading about so many people's hair color. So rich and all so different!

I was born with light brown hair that leaned a little reddish with natural blonde highlights, it darkened to a medium brown in my pre-teens and it currently hasn't been my natural shade in about 8 years lol. I'm aiming to grow out my natural color to see what it looks like now :)

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Wow, I've enjoyed reading about so many people's hair color. So rich and all so different!

I was born with light brown hair that leaned a little reddish with natural blonde highlights, it darkened to a medium brown in my pre-teens and it currently hasn't been my natural shade in about 8 years lol. I'm aiming to grow out my natural color to see what it looks like now :)

Well I'm a guy and I've never had my hair colored. I just find it a bit funny when women say that they haven't seen their natural hair color in years. I'm not making fun of anybody, just saying that its funny that many women color their hair so much that some of them say they don't remember their natural hair color.

Seeshami
February 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Naturally I am this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/d29a8fa9.jpg
(Only Muffin and My Father take pictures of me cursing. I hate that)

Currently I am this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/4f7b85bd.jpg

HENNA STREAK! How I've missed it will all the lightening and trying to modify the color I have no idea but it's hilarious. :D

hairyfan21
February 13th, 2012, 10:39 PM
That is a big difference Seeshami. Light really does change what kind of color your hair appears to be.

Seeshami
February 13th, 2012, 11:00 PM
That is a big difference Seeshami. Light really does change what kind of color your hair appears to be.

Indeed it does. In the first picture I am in Vegas bright sun under the over hang for the valet, in the not my natural color picture I am in my mom's living room working on flowers with natural light from a picture window. I am refusing to go outside right now unless I must because I am trying to get rid of tan lines.

Edit:

In almost all my gallery and my avatar I am in my bathroom which makes everything redish. When my hair is concerned.

homesteader
February 13th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I had black hair until I was three that turned into dark brown with lots of highlights and lowlights. I can only judge by my roots that my hair is still dark brown with a few grays here and there.

MaryMarx
February 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I think I have a colour similar to yours, I also was whiteblond as a kid and then got darker.
So these days (after stopped colouring black) I call it dark blonde. :)

bubblyredhead
February 14th, 2012, 02:03 AM
i have light blonde to dark blonde/ light brown streaks with light red to deep copper red streaks and all of this is my natural color thank god that dye came out. by streaks i mean in some areas i have chunks or a certain color but most of it is random strands mostly a light/ medium red with light/ medium blonde in certain lights i am a blonde and in others i am a red head same thing with pictures and the drier my hair is the lighter it is. What can I say I am complicated and lucky so i have been told personally i always wanted my brothers color that awesome copper red.

PorkChop
February 14th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I have dark blonde hair. When I was a baby my parents told me I had white blonde hair. When I was little all the way up until I was maybe 14 or 15, my hair was still light blonde. It slowly got a bit darker in high school, and when I graduated high schol I had darker blonde colored hair.

When I go away for vacation, and in the summer I go to the beach and the heat and the sun makes my hair a lot lighter, almost as light blonde as I was when I was a kid.

Exactly the same lol except my natural colour now isnt the darkest blonde, ash blonde. Used to get called 'whitey' by my siblings when i was little, looked like a little old person with white hair.

BBdck1
February 14th, 2012, 02:09 AM
When I was born....I'm not sure if i had any hair. As a toddler I had really curly dark brown/black hair. 10 to late teen, puffy/frizzy hair with highlights. Early 20s, somewhat wavy dark hair tinted red in the sun with red highlights.

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I think I have a colour similar to yours, I also was whiteblond as a kid and then got darker.
So these days (after stopped colouring black) I call it dark blonde. :)

I guess I can call you a hair twin then. :)

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM
i have light blonde to dark blonde/ light brown streaks with light red to deep copper red streaks and all of this is my natural color thank god that dye came out. by streaks i mean in some areas i have chunks or a certain color but most of it is random strands mostly a light/ medium red with light/ medium blonde in certain lights i am a blonde and in others i am a red head same thing with pictures and the drier my hair is the lighter it is. What can I say I am complicated and lucky so i have been told personally i always wanted my brothers color that awesome copper red.

But I think that your own color also looks nice on you as well bubblyredhead.

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Exactly the same lol except my natural colour now isnt the darkest blonde, ash blonde. Used to get called 'whitey' by my siblings when i was little, looked like a little old person with white hair.

Lol that is funny. Hi there whitey. :)

My hair actually isn't that dark. Its weird. If its a very sunny and warm day, I don't even have to wait for the summer to bleach my hair to light blonde. On a warm sunny day, my hair will actually look blonde in bright sunlight. Only when I go back indoors and when the lighting is dim does my hair look dark blonde.

Kitsu
February 14th, 2012, 04:13 AM
my hair is brown very dark brown, some people mistake it for black in darker lighting. Though my ends are lighter I guess due to their OAP status lol.

Before I dyed it when I was 13 I used to have auburn highlights, they were so pretty, but I wanted red hair like Scully from X files. Now my highlights are a warmer brown, but they don't stand out. I wish I could get my auburn Highlights back, but I've not dyed my hair for about 4 years, I wont do it myself and the last quote I got from a stylist was over £110 :S

melissa8989
February 14th, 2012, 04:13 AM
brown in the middle and blonde everywhere eles. Just buzzed off the hair dye.It's the first time in 8 years that Ive seen my hair color "started dyeing at 14". http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/p480x480/402595_348104221888557_535516184_n.jpg

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 04:53 AM
my hair is brown very dark brown, some people mistake it for black in darker lighting. Though my ends are lighter I guess due to their OAP status lol.

Before I dyed it when I was 13 I used to have auburn highlights, they were so pretty, but I wanted red hair like Scully from X files. Now my highlights are a warmer brown, but they don't stand out. I wish I could get my auburn Highlights back, but I've not dyed my hair for about 4 years, I wont do it myself and the last quote I got from a stylist was over £110 :S

Yo I watched the X-Files when I was a kid all the freakin time!! Loved that show, miss it so much. Fox hasn't had a show that good in years, except for maybe 24.

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 04:55 AM
brown in the middle and blonde everywhere eles. Just buzzed off the hair dye.It's the first time in 8 years that Ive seen my hair color "started dyeing at 14". http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/p480x480/402595_348104221888557_535516184_n.jpg

Oh wow I actually love it. I don't usually ever like extremely short hair on a girl, I personally think a girl looks better with at least shoulder length or longer. But on you, a buzzed cut looks very nice. You have the face to pull it off.

Ligeia_13
February 14th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Well, naturally I'm a brunette. I was this colour as a little girl:

http://i44.tinypic.com/6hqer9.jpg

And it has lightened quite a bit since then.

Nowadays, I have the colour in my avatar.

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 05:49 AM
That's a nice red color you have right now Ligeria.

Neneka
February 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM
My hair has always been naturally dark blonde and straight. My sister is light blonde but her hair was black when she was born!

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
My hair has always been naturally dark blonde and straight. My sister is light blonde but her hair was black when she was born!

My hair is very straight too Neneka. That's odd about your sister, born with black hair first and then it became blonde? That's something I've never heard of before lol. Very interesting.

PsycheOrigami
February 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
My hair is black. I'm outdoors a lot, and it doesn't lighten or change particularly, though I've been told that's due to my hair type/ethnicity (coarse/Filipino). The only source of variation in my color is from a previously bleached section, and that has mostly been grown out and cut. I'm not sure if people with dark hair usually lighten in the sun, though.

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I don't think so no psycheoragami. I think the Asian race is born with dark hair and they will die with dark hair unless they decide to dye it.

hairyfan21
February 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
My hair color has been pretty much the same color for my entire life. It's a medium-ish brown with red and gold tones. It doesn't sun bleach all that much, but it does lighten very easily when exposed to chemicals.

Your hair looks pretty healthy to me MissManda. Nice and thick. The color is nice too.

mira-chan
February 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Dark brown with a chestnut tint.

BlondieHepburn
February 14th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Blonde.

Out of mere curiosity, hairyfan21, since you are so avidly against talking to the male members of this community, do you check the gender of each person to whom you respond in order to make sure that you aren't inadvertently replying to a man? :hmm:

BrightEyes
February 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I was born with light blonde hair which darkened as I got older. I've been highlighting it for the past 10 years because I feel it suits me better than my natural darker blonde. And I love being blonde:D

My 3 year old son has the most beautiful head of light blonde curly hair. I'm hoping that it doesn't darken, but it probably will. Oh well.

melissa8989
February 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
aww, thanks hairyfan21! Thats nice of you. Been feeling rather mannish lately :(. Also some boys called me a nazi today as I was walking to school T_T.

ladonna
February 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I have always had dark brown hair, in the sunlight it's very colorful with blonde, reddish brown and black strands of hair. I guess that's what happen when you have a blond parent and a black haired parent.

terylenerose
February 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Not sure what my natural color is. I know what it looks like, but not any name for it.

I was very light blonde as a child, and I think I was also a 3a instead of 2c. It started to darken when I was about 6, and it settled down when I was about 8. The front is light brown, the middle is dark blonde and the back is in between those two. My baby hairs are white blonde because they never darkened. I have a fair number of very dark brown hairs and a very few light hairs, but most of them are somewhere in the middle. The overall appearance is ashy, but I also have red tones. 2 or 3 of my hairs are white.

TiffanieJean
February 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
My hair is copper red. It used to be brighter, but has darkened since I was a kid. My hair also had big barrel curls, but after I turned 20 my hair has become less curly and mostly wavy.

Mommyof4
February 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
My hair is very straight too Neneka. That's odd about your sister, born with black hair first and then it became blonde? That's something I've never heard of before lol. Very interesting.

My hair was black first too... I need to upload some baby pics and post.. its crazy how some peoples hair can be so different :)

Bethmc
February 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I was born with a head full of dark hair, then it turned strawberry blonde, then turned dark again! My hair is a pretty dark brown (in fact in pictures it looks even darker) but it does have a reddish cast to it, especially in the sunlight. I do have several gray hairs, mostly around my temple area and at the forehead hairline.

pink.sara
February 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Born a dark strawberry blonde, darkened to dark auburn, almost black but with lots of red tones. My greys are growing in bright silver.

However.... It's currently jet black with bright fuschia pink. And as of next weekend it may go back to black and white :)

misspurdy06
February 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Mine is the same as yours.

MissManda
February 14th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Your hair looks pretty healthy to me MissManda. Nice and thick. The color is nice too.

Thank you! :) I've been hennaing my hair for almost two years and I really like the results. I expect that I'll want my natural color back someday.

chai-blue
February 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
i was born with black hair, and with a lot of it, people even asked my mom when i was a baby if i was wearing a wig haha!

but when i was about 10-11, i was in the sun so much my hair turned a brown/dark brown color, but now it's black again:)

icallitbliss
February 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Was born a very light blonde, and stayed that way until I was about 8. After that it was a dark blonde, and into my teenage years became ash blonde with a lot of brown.

I'd basically call my hair now "the lightest shade of brown you can get while still being blonde"...or something to that effect. :P

HylianGirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
@icallitbliss so you're a blonnete ^-^ I know what it's like, I have had some people say my hair is dark blond, and others say it's light brown... I consider it to be light brown though... when I was a kid my hair was almost the same colour of today, except a little more golden toned when under certain lights, like the sun (which I also considered to be golden brown), but I lost that golden when I hit puberty, still I like my hair color ^-^

TheMechaGinger
February 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
I was born with silky straight red hair. It's still straight but more of a strawberry blonde now than the deep red it was

mommy2two
February 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
I was a white blonde headed child until I was like 5-6 then it gradually darkened up with some red undertones. Now I am a mousy drab brown, I joke and say that God didn't give me a pretty hair color because he knew I was just gonna color it anyways!! I am currently keeping a warm reddish brown, but I would love to be a ginger!!!

cocoahair
February 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Dark brown hair with a red-ish tinge in the sun on the older ends

Jesabel
February 22nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
I was born with a full head of black hair which eventually went to blonde when I was younger. It then darkened to a dark ash blonde but gets lighter highlights especially around my face in summer (or so it did the last time it was natural). I have about two inches of natural roots and it seems to be following the same pattern :)

rena
February 22nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
I was born with a head full of brown hair that never fell out. It has never once changed and is still the very same brown color to this day. Nothing like gold or red in it, just a dull shade of brown thats neither especially light nor dark, but it has been known to look sort of coppery under certain lighting conditions.

NormaJean
February 22nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
The blonette thread has me convinced. I'm a strawberryish blonette. :-D

I've been called a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead all at various instances with my natural color. Might as well run with it, I guess.

I started out as a platinum kiddo, and it darkened over time. It was much more red in my teens than it is now, but it's still got those golden red highlights going on that I love so much in sunlight!

dRummie
February 22nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Mousy brown, and I love it! If I could change one thing, it'd be for the length not to get so much of a warm tone.

holothuroidea
February 23rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Fresh growth is dark ash blonde but even winter sun exposure "bleaches" it so my ends are a golden blonde.

I was very happy to discover this natural ombre after not having seen my natural hair color for 10+ years.

PriscillaCherel
February 23rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Medium brown, but tooo light! I want it darker:) Brown/black

maria_tasha
February 23rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
My hair is black and it becomes really dark chocholate in the summer.

Vampyria
February 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mine was light brown and dark blond in the summer until the age of 8. Now it's warm medium to dark brown. My brother's hair though was very light blond almost white when he was a kid and now it's just little lighter than mine.

EtherealDoll
February 23rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
My natural hair is ash mousy brown, I hated it, it was dull and never shiny. I used to dye it different colours but I'm too pale to pull off any bright colours that I like. Now I dye it light ash brown/dark ash blonde.

maborosi
February 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
My hair is blonde naturally. Not sure what kind of blonde, though. It's light enough so that when I henna, I get a bright, bright copper result.

~maborosi~

silvermoon_76
February 25th, 2012, 11:21 AM
My hair has stayed dark brown all my life. Judging by photos, it was really dark, almost black when I was an infant, and I think it's lightened just a bit due to sun exposure. I got kind of bored with the colour so I got some red streaks in it a few months ago, but I could never entirely dye my hair a different colour because brown goes best with my skin.

My hair texture has changed quite a bit though, from ringlets to wavy/straight to the weird wurly/curly that i is now.

ladylowtide
February 25th, 2012, 11:29 AM
When I was born I had black hair that fell out. Then I had light golden blond hair for a bout four years, then it turned light golden brown and got darker and darker until is got to about level 3.5 ash brown. And now I henna it :) It also started out and stayed very fine until I was about 12. Now its medium.

SakuraGirl
February 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I was born with very fine honey blonde that darken into blonette ringlets. By the age of 5 I was a dark brown colour but I realised as a team that I still have a few blonde streaks in the crown of my hair. I dyed my hair auburn as a teenager till I got bored of that and then went back to dyed dark. I am no in the process of growing it. 4 inches of my hair is now natural/dye free and you can see the blonde coming back through!

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/ailhatredle/IMAG0233-1.jpghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/ailhatredle/IMAG0267-1.jpghttp://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/ailhatredle/IMAG0234-1.jpg

LittleOrca
February 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM
My hair... Well, it went from Rapunzel Gold to Rapunzel Brown.

Born blonde, turned dark, dyed it red, dyed it "natural," shampoos and stuff turned it gold, growing out the damage.... I guess it's called Ombre now... Which makes me think of a Hispanic chum. (Hey Hombre!)

Lisabunny
February 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Reddish brown with two silver strips on each side of head.:cheese:

Auksaplauke
February 25th, 2012, 01:11 PM
My hair color is honey blonde.In summer it become bleach blonde.

Vanille_
February 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Manic Panic Vampire Red.

arcane
February 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Naturally my hair colour is a dark ash blonde (I was white blonde until I was 12)

Currently I'm this:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/xx_arcane/Picture0010.jpg

It's a mix of mostly diluted via conditioner punky's purpura and manic panic's cotton candy pink.

JellyBene
February 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Soft Black. This is the longest I have ever had any one haircolor (since August) and I plan on keeping it that way!

SakuraGirl
February 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Manic Panic Vampire Red.

Can I ask a question please?

I have seen a few people mention manic panic being used to dye hair. Is there a reason for this?
The amazing colours, the fact that its vegan, natural ingredients???

I am intrigued!

RedBlue
February 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
My hair is naturally dark brown, has been since I was born. I dyed it red my senior year of high school. I dyed it different shades of red throughout that year. Back in November, I dyed it a color close to my natural. It has faded, so I don't know what color it looks like. In the sunlight, it looks like auburn, more brown than red.