PDA

View Full Version : Hair is like art you wear on your head!

annamoonfairy
February 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hair is like art you wear on your head! Just like all art is beautiful by its own nature and perceived differently by each viewer, so too is hair. Perception is the concept just as no two rainbows are viewed upon the same! Hair short or long, straight or curly, fine or course is like that of a lovely flower, beautiful to look upon in every color. To all the people who read this thread know that you are beautiful and unique. :blossom:

sweetestpoison
February 16th, 2012, 01:44 AM
I couldn't agree more! I read somewhere that in old Japan women didn't wear jewelry on their bodies, all of their adornments were worn in their hair. The way their hair was and the accessories that graced it could even determine certain details about her such as profession. It's pretty crazy that hair today seems to go so unnoticed

Alaia
February 16th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I love that sentiment. I shall promptly tell DH that my hair is art that I wear on my head and that is why I need to buy lots of hairtoys :p

shikara
February 16th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Alai a, you are a hoot! Love it ha ha... I certainly agree with you OP! I feel that way especially when I'm pinning my upsweeps for the day. it's sculpting!!!

Hollyfire3
February 16th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I agree! So to all who in RL who say i obsses to much (well, it runs in the family!) and my hair is just hair and does not matter, it is art and worth all i do for it!!! very empowering and wonderful statements OP!!!

Littlewing13
February 17th, 2012, 02:17 AM
*like :) *

kme81
March 24th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Such a poetic and pretty thing to say...

That means that you are also beautiful and unique annamoonfairy! :flowers:

Alvrodul
March 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM
So true!
And even more so when you include hairtoys in the equation. :D;)

SwordWomanRiona
March 28th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I completely agree! That was phrased beautifully :).

I've always found hairstyles - and hair in itself - very, very artistic. Hair is one of those things I love to draw and paint... When I paint miniatures, I particularly enjoy myself when painting the hair...I love looking at hair and hairstyles in films and paintings...It definitely is art, and all types of hair are beautiful in their unique way, like the OP said.

Long_hair_bear
March 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I love that sentiment. I shall promptly tell DH that my hair is art that I wear on my head and that is why I need to buy lots of hairtoys :p
* LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: same here!

barely.there
March 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
This is very true. I find that even if my face looks like its dragging - if my hair looks fantastic, its a good reflection on me.

caiti42
March 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
What a lovely thing to read first thing onion the morning. Thank you

barely.there
March 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I couldn't agree more! I read somewhere that in old Japan women didn't wear jewelry on their bodies, all of their adornments were worn in their hair. The way their hair was and the accessories that graced it could even determine certain details about her such as profession. It's pretty crazy that hair today seems to go so unnoticed

Yes! hair ornaments were incredibly important! The Geisha's would not wash their hair for many weeks because of what it took to build their hairstyles, so to share a hair ornament was considered very disgusting. They were unique to each individual.

Sweetie
March 29th, 2012, 07:29 AM
thank you so much, very sweet kind of thought....and I agree!

PixxieStix
March 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Very well stated, and I completely agree. Just like our clothes, jewelry, tattoos, our hair is a part of our expression of ourselves. I know a few of my friends who just looked at me weird when I told them I thought of my hair toys as jewelry for my hair, but I believe it so. It is going to be a constant "work in progress", and I can't wait to see what I get to do with it along the way.

And to YOU, know that your hair is also unique and beautiful. :flower:

Isa Ferrara
March 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I love this, and it's so true. I'm a fine artist - and I find art in everything in my life. I don't consider it vanity like others have said in RL...makeup, hair, tattoos, yoga - ALL sculpting/painting/drawing etc. It is a relaxing ritual.

And...SOO true about having good hair and it making up for other areas. HAH. That's when a wig may come in handy!