PDA

View Full Version : damaged hair?

bubblyredhead
February 12th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Recently I have been playing around with direct dye ( Clairol beautiful collection) and half of my hair won't hold the dye for more than 2 washes after that it goes to my natural color and the top section maintains the dye with minimal fading. Could my hair be damaged?

SHADOWSCODE46
February 13th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I just checked this brand online & it is listed as a semi-permanent colour. From Wiki: "Semi-permanent hair dye has smaller molecules than temporary dyes, and is therefore able to partially penetrate the hair shaft. For this reason, the color will survive repeated washing, typically 4–5 shampoos or a few weeks."

When I first started playing with colour years ago, I used semi-permament. From experience I can tell you that it was very messy (for me) & there isn't very much you can do to get the colour to last longer than it's intended. Damage would not be there first thing I'd assume though-- there could be other factors why the colour isn't lasting. What is your colour/prep process? I can only tell you that for me, applying colour to clean dry hair (with heat), infrequent washing (no shampoo), porosity treatments, cold water rinses and sealing in the colour with serums were the only things that helped me prolong the longevity of the dye just a little bit.