PDA

View Full Version : Hemline thickness---tips for maintaining

Darkhorse1
February 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hey all!

So, I'm curious to know if keeping your hemline thick is even possible?

My biggest issue is I tend to shed hairs in more volume than I'd like, so the re-growth takes time to meet the older hair. I'm getting older, and I also have gray hairs now, so I know texture changes are also occurring.

I'm pretty sure the only way to thicken the ends is to cut/trim regularily, which is what I do. I found micro trims didn't help in my case, and that the thinness of the ends seemed to look like it was expanding upward as my hair got longer.

I just got a fairly sizeable trim (almost 2 inches) , going from tailbone to hip/waist and the thickness of my ends is amazing!

So, i'm curious to know if any of you have any hemline tips?

Madora
February 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Yes, scissors are the most ideal way to keep a hemline thick.

But if you have shorter hair that is yet to catch up with the overall length, then just babying it, and staying away from straighteners/blow fryers/chemicals will help those hairs on their journey down to the hemline.

Kelikea
February 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
It seems like you are on the right track. Trimming is usually the easiest way to thicken a hemline. Otherwise, just really baby your hair and bun it a lot to keep it tangle free. You might consider using a more gentle shampoo/conditioner routine to help it along. My hair seems to do well with weekly deep treatments of VO5 strawberry cream conditioner, left on for a few hours or all day. My ends are in much better shape than ever for this length. I only trimmed once last year.