PDA

View Full Version : Are the Calendars public?

talullah
March 15th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I just noticed that a member's calendar event is listed on the bottom of the main page. I thought that was a little odd, so I tested it by adding my own event for today ("Mom's birthday") and it's showing up down there, too. It would make sense that I can see my own events, but can everyone else see my event, as well?

I'm just wondering because on the old site the calenders were more private, right? I used to keep track of my hair washes on my calendar, and if others do something similar, it would get a little crazy with dozens (or hundreds) of people's hair washes showing up on the main page. :silly: Or everyone's family birthdays, etc.

FrannyG
March 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, Tallulah, to my dismay, I see that we don't have private calendars anymore. I see your Mom's birthday and ladiosaRosa's town meeting.

I used to use my personal calendar a lot here. :(

talullah
March 15th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Franny. :flowers: That's a little disappointing. :sad

Koala Kim
March 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Don't laugh, but I didn't even realize we had calenders.
Here or on the old site. :o

Carolyn
March 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I used to use the old private calendars quite a bit to record my types of washes, trims, S & D's and the like. Even though most of that kind of thing is in my journal, I don't think I'll use the calendar if it isn't private. Maybe they could be made private?

physicschick
March 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'll check with the admins about this. I didn't realize people were actually using the calendars before! :)

Dianyla
March 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM
The Calendar is now set up so that you can only see your own entries. :)

PatGear
March 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I never knew calendars existed! Where have I been?

talullah
March 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you, Dianyla and Physicschick! :flowers:

Carolyn
March 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ages ago, when Fia still had long hair and was an active LHC member she posted about how she used the calendar to record her hair doings. Maybe when the posts come back we'll be able to find that thread. It was quite interesting.

Raederle
March 15th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I used to record things in the calendar, but stopped because I couldn't see a way to download the entries. But it was handy.

Alley Cat
March 16th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I'm like Koala Kim and PatGear and didn't realize we had them. You can tell the observant ones can't you?:D

Bonny
March 16th, 2008, 05:32 AM
We had calendars at the old LHC? :confused:

Sounds like a great idea to use calendars to keep track of hair care! I think I should go check this out. :)

ladiosaRosa
March 16th, 2008, 06:18 PM
(snip)...... and ladiosaRosa's town meeting.

(snip)

How embarrassing; I had no idea. I'm glad my entry wasn't more personal.

ladiosaRosa
March 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
The Calendar is now set up so that you can only see your own entries. :)

Great! thank you Dianyla. This Site rocks!

ladiosaRosa
March 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I'm on a roll tonight. I promise....last question for today.

I'm confused by how the Calender works. I thought when I clicked on on Calender, I would see a calender with 'birthdays' listed for each day and nothing else unless I made a personal entry.

I just clicked calender and on March 21 there's and entry titled:'A Special Day' . After clicking it I see the the author is Silver Strands.

I thought I would use the calender to list my CO days so I could more easily keep track of my DD's but now I'm thinkin...........?

Could someone set me straight on this? Thank you.

Koala Kim
March 16th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I'm like Koala Kim and PatGear and didn't realize we had them. You can tell the observant ones can't you?:D
I resemble that remark. :bow:

Dianyla
March 16th, 2008, 11:21 PM
How embarrassing; I had no idea. I'm glad my entry wasn't more personal.
Yeah, I can think of a lot worse things that one could've put for an appointment on the calendar. :twisted:

freznow
March 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I didn't know we had them on the old LHC, but saw them recently around here. I guess this whole thing means that the calendars might end up only be used for more LHC related things? Like meets, or "___'s 1 year LHC anniversary" and stuff?

Alley Cat
March 17th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I resemble that remark. :bow:
You resemble a lot of remarks. :wink:

talullah
March 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Hmm, I see this too, as well as some entries in April that are not by me. I started another thread about this a few days ago, and the mods said they had fixed it so the calendars were now private. It looks like they're still public, though. :crazyq: Modmins? :flowers:

ladiosaRosa
March 17th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I just noticed that a member's calendar event is listed on the bottom of the main page. (snip)

talullah, I never saw this and not sure what you mean by the 'main page'; do you mean on the Forums page?

Mods....I see my 'calnder' thread had to be moved. I can't remember where I posted it originally but I apologize for the inconvenience.......or did you combine the threads?

dancingbarefoot
March 17th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Mods....I see my 'calnder' thread had to be moved. I can't remember where I posted it originally but I apologize for the inconvenience.......or did you combine the threads?

Oh, it's no inconvenience! :flowers: I just merged two threads about calendars because they were talking about the same thing. The answer to someone's question in one thread might help someone reading the other, so I thought I'd put them together.

ladiosaRosa
March 17th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Oh, it's no inconvenience! :flowers: I just merged two threads about calendars because they were talking about the same thing. The answer to someone's question in one thread might help someone reading the other, so I thought I'd put them together.

Thank you dfb, for simplifying our lives. I for one desperately need it. :blossom:

So, is the calender public still or private. Think I'll go check again. :waving:

Raederle
March 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Tell me, can you merge me with someone else. I'd like Flaxen's wisdom, LisaJaney's sense of humor and storytelling ability, and wait, I've got a list here somewhere ......

dancingbarefoot
March 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Tell me, can you merge me with someone else. I'd like Flaxen's wisdom, LisaJaney's sense of humor and storytelling ability, and wait, I've got a list here somewhere ......

Not quite perfected yet, but if I can manage it, you'll be the second to know! (Me first, please! I could use Flaxen's wisdom, LisaJaney's common sense, and a lot more help from other folks. :lol:) :magic:

FrannyG
March 21st, 2008, 09:34 AM
It seems that the calendar is still public, from what I'm seeing today, or are we doing something wrong?

ladiosaRosa
March 21st, 2008, 02:23 PM
It seems that the calendar is still public, from what I'm seeing today, or are we doing something wrong?

I checked; seems still public to me too. Nice message, frannyg. :flowers:

FrannyG
March 22nd, 2008, 05:42 AM
I'm glad you liked the message, ladiosaRosa. :flower: Well, at least it's good to know that we no longer have private calendars, but I must say, I really miss it.

physicschick
March 23rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Dianyla changed some more settings. Are people's calendar entries still public? Let us know if there's still a problem.

ETA: The change was made Fridayish; we just didn't get around to asking you about it until now.

Raederle
March 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
What's interesting is that the calendar jump from the main page lists 38 birthdays today, as opposed to the 6 listed on the Today's Birthdays line.