PDA

View Full Version : Methylsulfonylmethane hair growth

ptricia
February 12th, 2012, 01:04 PM
On a Dutch hair forum somebody wrote that there's nutrition supplement called MSM that help your hair growing faster en thicker. The main ingredient of product is methylsulfonylmethane.
Does anyone here knows this story? Or are you an user of this product?

owlathena
February 12th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah, a lot of folks on here take it, myself included. I take it mainly for my joints though. I think it works by extending the growing phase and reducing the stalling phase or something like that. I've been taking it for a bit over a year and haven't noticed any difference in my hair.

LocustSpawning
February 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Yes, I believe there is a thread here about that somewhere! I also take it. I think it prolongs the growth phase of your hair so you get more growths worth from your hair when it's in that phase.. (wow that was really badly worded)

jojo
February 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
yes ive used in in the past, there are lots of info on here about MSM, its pretty good stuff as I recall!

turtlelover
February 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I took it for awhile. I didn't notice many differences, but it did good things for my horse's joints -- I highly recommend it for animals and humans having joint issues.

Falcore
February 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I take it but it does nothing for my hair but it's amazzzing for joints - so I continue to take it for that.

annamoonfairy
February 12th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I found a proper diet and juicing fresh fruits and veggies helped me the most.

Kelikea
February 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I take it. It was recommended for acne, then I thought it might help with hair growth. I haven't noticed that it helps much with either one. My knee has been sore for a few weeks now, so I will continue taking it since it is good for joints. Haven't heard of any bad side effects...

MoonlightShadow
February 12th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I heard of it on another hair forum and they seemed to have really good results from it.

Amber_Maiden
February 12th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I used to take it for my joints, but stopped. I never saw a difference with my hair.

Mina17
February 13th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I have taken it too and did not see a difference.

blondyhead
February 14th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I think i've had the biggest success in terms of vitamins with Biotin, alot of people here really reccomend it, a friend of mine has recently started taking Zinc for her nails, and my word her nails are soo long but so is her hair, ever since taking Zinc