PDA

View Full Version : Confused about random hair thickness- Help!

Kattillac
February 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM
The thickness of my individual hairs varies- alot. I would say that about 50% of my hairs are thin, %30 medium, and %20 thick. Now it doesn't look wierd or anything, you would need to look closely to tell because theyre dispursed. I was just wondering if this was normal? Does anyone else have hair like this? Is it a nutritional imbalance or something I'm doing?

Thanks! :D

Kelikea
February 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
No, its not weird. I have mostly fine hair, but I find medium to coarse hairs sometimes. Some of my fine hair is blonder, smooth, and almost transparent in the sun, but the coarser hairs are more wirey, bumpy, darker brown or auburn in color. Sometimes, if its really humid, there is one that sticks up off the top of my head! It makes your hair more multidimensional and interesting:)

Kattillac
February 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
No, its not weird. I have mostly fine hair, but I find medium to coarse hairs sometimes. Some of my fine hair is blonder, smooth, and almost transparent in the sun, but the coarser hairs are more wirey, bumpy, darker brown or auburn in color. Sometimes, if its really humid, there is one that sticks up off the top of my head! It makes your hair more multidimensional and interesting:)

I've noticed that too that the thicker hairs are courser and darker. We did an experiment in highschool where they took a strand of everyones hair and the girl was like wow your hair is so thick. Which confused me because I always thought my hair was thin.

Bagginslover
February 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
My hair used to be pretty uniform in thickness-all pretty fine, but now most of its medium, there are 2 patches at the bottom at the back which are thick and coarse, and between them, running up almost to my crown is baby soft and fine!

I can trace the change in mine back to when I developed PCOS, but I don't think it's unusual for your hair to change as you mature.

naturally yours
February 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I have mostly medium hair strands but I do notice I have some fine and coarse strands as well.

TitaniaOfFairys
February 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
My hair is almost the same, and it's very hard to find the best conditioner for it. Fine hairs love protein, but my thick hairs hate it and get tangles from it. If I use only moisturizers and no protein, my fine hairs start to break. If I use oil, it makes the thick hairs very shiny and easy to comb, but makes the fine hairs extremely static. Not easy :D

smartblonde21
February 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I know what you mean! My hair is very fine, mostly, but I always seem to find thick black hairs. That is also weird because I'm naturally blond. What freaks me out the most is when I find thick, curly, red hairs. I get scared that my hair is going to turn red eventually, lol. I think red hair is lovely, but it would look awful with my skin tone. Gotta love our own beauty quirks, it's what makes us unique. =)

jeanniet
February 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Nothing to be concerned about. My hair ranges from thick to fine--mostly thick to medium. The only problem it causes is that my hair tangles fairly easily because the fine hairs wrap around everything. But they don't seem to get damaged any easier or anything.