PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Blonde with Tail Bone Length Hair Searching For Curling Tips

annamoonfairy
February 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hello from America,

I was born with blonde hair and about eight years ago wanted to add a WOW affect to my hair so I bleached it platinum blonde and I love it. My hair is a little past my tail bone and is straight, f/m and very thick. I can get perfect curls but after just a short time they come out. I have tried many products and methods but outside of finger curls they will not last. Any ideas on how to keep the curls in longer?

Thank you,

Anna

sweetestpoison
February 11th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Have you tried pin-curls or rag curls? They seem to stay better than heated curling options for people with naturally straight hair

Vanilla
February 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I can get bun waves/ringlets in damp hair with a little aloe gel to stay most of the day. The weight of my hair does pull them loose eventually.

annamoonfairy
February 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I can get pin curls and sleeping in rollers to stay longer but they are very time consuming. A friend suggested long layers but I really don't want to cut my hair. Thank you for the tips : )

Shermie Girl
February 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Layers don't necessarily guarantee longer lasting curl. I have long layers in my hair and my curl pulls straight just as fast with them as without them. :lol:

spidermom
February 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
If you look up wiselychosen, she describes a method of curling involving drinking straws.

justgreen
February 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I have no ideas on curling as my hair doesn't hold them either. But welcome to the boards!

BlondieHepburn
February 12th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Have you tried a couple of sock buns?
My hair also has a hard time holding curl for long, but after the curl falls out, I am still left with a nice wave, so it's okay.
Welcome!

Madora
February 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Anna, have you tried just braiding your hair 3/4ths of the way down, then using foam curlers on the ends?

Larger curlers produce looser curls while thinner diameter curlers produce tighter curls.

I've always brushed the curls out and the curl stayed for about two days. Hair was slightly damp when I curled it and I used about 4 large curlers for each braid.

xoxophelia
February 12th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Wet setting or using moisture before setting (damp instead of wet) is a great way to get curls to hold.

Likewise, if you are using heat for your curls, very carefully unravel it so it stays in a coiled clump and then us a pin like a mini claw clip to hold it against your scalp. If you leave your curls up like this for about 10 minutes to cool, they will have a bit more hold.

HylianGirl
February 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Rag curls hold well in my hair, specially after sleeping with them, try doing them with you hair a little damp, maybe?