PDA

View Full Version : New from Indiana

homesteader
February 11th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I am so glad I found this site! I recently weaned my third daughter a few months ago, and it seems that I have been benignly neglecting my hair for some time. All I can remember is that in April of 2010, I cut my hair short, about chin length in front, shorter in back. I had a funeral to go to a few weeks back and finally took my hair out of the pony tail and had a good look. Did a 1" trim the best that I could do and realized that my hair is a lot longer than I remember. I'm about an inch shy of BSL at the longest point and almost shoulder length on the shortest layers. It has been quite some time since my hair has been this long, and I'm resisting the urge to cut it short again because I always regret it terribly. I suffer from a super oily scalp and very dry ends. And I thought I used to have a bit of a wave to my hair but after looking at it last night after air drying, it seems to be stick straight. :confused: While I really have no goal length in mind, I would really like to look at everyone's beautiful hair and resist the urge to cut it off.

Mairéad
February 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hey, I'm from Indiana as well. I had similar hair issues. Oily scalp and dry ends. What helped it was to clarify and use -cone free conditioner. That and a less harsh washing method. Traditional shampoo and conditioner works for tons of people but it's what caused my oily root/dry end combo. What are using now?

homesteader
February 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Right now I'm washing once weekly with whatever we have and only roots. I figured it would be better just to deal with the greasy roots for a few extra days than drying out my ends even more. I have some Nexxus and some Suave. I just buy what smells good. I use Biolage conditioner on my length and ends, once again because it smells lovely. How do I know if my conditioner has cones? I'm completely new to hair care. Really. I can put my hair in a pony tail or french braid and I don't know what works or what doesn't.

Mairéad
February 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM
-Cones end with -cone, -conal, or -xane. Some hair loves them, and some hair hates them. One just has to find that one out for themselves. They can be in shampoos and conditioners, but are usually in conditioners. Depending on what Biolage you're using it should be -cone free. Sometimes, people just have oily scalps though. And that can very well be true for you. :D

Cara Heather
February 13th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Welcome :)

WaitingSoLong
April 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hello from Indiana! Sorry I am late in welcoming, I forget to check this forum.