PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist lenght?

tinti
February 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Ok, so after a tip from bunzfan I decided to take a picture. Last time I lenght checked was a few weeks ago, and then it was really close but not quite waist. Today it feels waistlenght, but I feel like I need a seccond opinion since this is a really fuzzy milestone. Can I call this waist lenght?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=126202

I'm sorry about the quality, my cell can't take the light over my mirror, but if I turn it off it's even worse.

Falcore
February 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Looks like waist to me! Congrats!

jacqueline101
February 11th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'd agree its waist. Congrats and lovely hair by the way.

Carolyn
February 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I can't tell where your natural waist is from your picture. Plus it looks like the camera was angled downward giving an impression that the hair is longer than it really is. In looking at where I think your elbow is, I'm going to say no I don't think it's waist yet.

Yame
February 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I can't tell where your natural waist is from your picture. Plus it looks like the camera was angled downward giving an impression that the hair is longer than it really is. In looking at where I think your elbow is, I'm going to say no I don't think it's waist yet.

This. This angle tends to make hair appear longer than it really is. To find out if you are at waist, just hold your waist with both hands and feel whether or not your hair is brushing your hands. If it hasn't reached your hands yet, you are not yet at waist.

It looks to me like you are an inch or two below BSL, and a couple inches above waist.

tinti
February 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Thank you! It was definetly not my intensions to angle the camera that way lol. That's another bad thing about being chubby, you can't tell where your waistline is ;)

Diamond.Eyes
February 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I would say BSL-MBL, but not quite waist yet. It looks very pretty though. :)

HintOfMint
February 11th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Close, I would say possibly another 2 inches. Looking good though!

blondie9912
February 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM

Agreed. Try taking your length photos by having your back facing the mirror, and your camera facing the mirror (held at around the height of your shoulders).

PrairieRose
Chubby???? No way! Waist?? I say YES!!!:cheese:

Carolyn
Thank you! It was definetly not my intensions to angle the camera that way lol. That's another bad thing about being chubby, you can't tell where your waistline is ;)It's really hard to take a mirror pic without angling the camera down. Try putting a light colored, very narrow belt over your dark cami. Be sure the belt is at your natural waist and not where you would belt low rise jeans. I've used a ribbon or a narrow satin robe sash to mark waist too. When you get the belt or ribbon around your natural waist, reach behind your back and grab the ends of your hair and see if you can make them touch the ribbon. Also try holding the camera at shoulder height and not over your head, you might have better luck with the angle. I know I tend to arch backwards making my hair look longer when I hold the camera over my head.

tinti
February 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Diamond.Eyes and HintOfMint: thank you!
blondie9912: Thank you for the tips! I'll try that next time :)
PrairieRose: Lol, thank you!

julliams
February 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
First of all get a piece of elastic and tie it around your waist so that it's comfortable. You can put it over a tight shirt or on bare skin. Then move your torso from side to side (like you are doing the "I'm a little teapot song " and the elastic will find your natural waistline.

Now set the camera on a shelf at the height of your neck (that's where mine is about). Set up the self-timer for 10 seconds and then take about 2 steps away from it and wait until the photo is taken. I usually take about 5 shots, look at them and use the shot where my hair is about in the middle. I used to go for the longest one but I'm finding that sometimes a tiny tilt of the head can give you an extra inch and whilst that's great this month, it will show no growth next month so that's not good. It's also not accurate and I'm not trying to lie to myself.

The elastic will show you exactly where your natural waistline is and will give you a definite result. I took a bunch of pictures I names "Race to Waist" that show my progress from BSL to waist.

I'm posting two pictures that show the difference between "can I call this waist" and "waist". In the first picture, I posted it asking if I was waist and the general consensus on LHC told me I was not officially waist length (even though I really felt I was) but only the tippy tips were there. That was Feb 1st 2011. Then only one month later I was past the elastic and officially in the waist region. I've zoomed in more on one picture than the other but the angle is the same and because of the elastic it's really easy to see the result.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7196/6859686951_a87e7f75c3.jpg http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6859677317_a961d005bc.jpg

PixxieStix
February 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Agreed, just a few more months though and you'll be where you want to be. :) Happy growing!

Amber_Maiden
February 11th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'd say you were a couple of inches from waist.

jojo
February 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I can't believe how quick your hair has grown, but I have to agree with the others a couple more inches and you got it!

Sundial
February 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM

Pictures taken with the camera at the top of your head or taken by someone taller than you tends to skew the proportions and make your hair look longer. Usually I try to bring the camera to almost the same height or around the same vicinity as my hemline for a more accurate gauge.

Take another picture and we'll re-evaluate :flower:

bunzfan
February 12th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I think you may be there because i know you have a high waist but, to be sure take another picture with a belt or tape measure round your waist so we can see fingers crossed :flower:

pepperminttea
February 12th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Nearly - you'll be solidly there by summer. :D