PDA

View Full Version : Taking a more natural route - JASON shamoo and Aubrey Organics conditioner

LocustSpawning
February 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Helloooo you lurvly people.

I am generally a user of sulphates and 'cones but my hair's really been playing up lately.. acting dry, straw like, generally horrible. I think it's build up, I've clarified but with no luck. NOTHING I do seems to help it, so I'm trying out natural products to see if it helps it. Also: my hair is protein sensitive.

I went to town today and bought:

JASON Revitalizing Vitamin E shampoo

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract (Certified Organic), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract (Certified Organic), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract (Certified Organic), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel (Certified Organic), Biotin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol and Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linoleic & Linolenic Acid (Vit. F), Lavendula Intermedia Leaf / Flower / Stem Extract (Certified Organic), Polyquaternium-7, Decyl Glucoside, Oxybenzone, Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance Oil Blend.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner:

Ingredients; Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Do you think these sound good? My hair is very dry. I don't think either are protein heavy but I'm not sure. Thank-you for all help you can give!! x

Amber_Maiden
February 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure about Jason, but I know that Aubrey Organics isn't fully organic- partly greens washed. Have no idea how it will work for hair either...

chou
February 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
AOHR is protein free and really good for dry hair. It's one of my favorites for sure. It works even better in an SMT than on its own. Jason shampoos, although sls-free, have generally been drying to my hair in the past but I haven't used the one that you got specifically.

Mountaingrrl
February 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I see that the Jason shampoo lists dimethicone as an ingredient; that might be something you want to avoid.

I've had good results with the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner.

Kelikea
February 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM
The Jason shampoo has dimethicone and a -xane ingredient that would act as a silicone. Not sure about the polyquat...but it looks like the shampoo might cause some build-up. The conditioner should be good for dry hair. I was going to suggest CO washing, but it has a lot of oils and butters. Maybe try a more clarifying shampoo, or even BS then acv rinse, then the AO conditioner?

LocustSpawning
February 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I am confused... I was like 'aw crap!' when I read some people said it has 'cones cause I was sure the bottle didn't when I was in the shop... and I was right!

I copied the ingredients list online but had another look at the bottle just now and it is in fact cone free, and the list I originally posted is really wrong! I wonder how that happened o_O thanks anyway guys! x