PDA

View Full Version : general progress update! Pictures too!

Shona
February 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hello all.:) It feels like such a long time since i've done an update. so i thought tonight was the night.

To start off... i'm quite upset i havent gained alot alot of length..although to be fair i have had 3 micro trims and 1inch cut off since August. but my hair growth is much slower than i had hoped. I am now at 24inches. only 1nch over what i was in August! but like i said i've microtrimmed/trimmed too. and growth isnt the biggest factor either. it's health! my hair isnt coloured, but last year i heat styled alot and i now regret it big time! the damage is pretty obvious as well. so when i find tugs in my hair... they are not at the bottom.. the bottom is lovely and freshly cut! it's the middle parts of my hair that have taken alot of strain. so i am slowly cutting out all of my bad hair:)

So here are my updated photos!

Here is my hair in August '11. pretty dried out from blowdrying.
http://i44.tinypic.com/20k5fnb.jpg

And here is me a few days ago.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1x8gz.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/67rv9j.jpg

And this is me today.
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zdygcn.jpg

as you can see there isn't much growth. blah!
but when i tilt my head back i get my dream goal! :)

tada!
http://i41.tinypic.com/n3qgrc.jpg

wicked kisses
February 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
LOL, we used to do this in high school. Trying to tilt our heads back further and further so our hair would hit lower and lower on our backs.

Shona
February 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
LOL, we used to do this in high school. Trying to tilt our heads back further and further so our hair would hit lower and lower on our backs.

Haha! i feel so happy when i do it. i'm like yey i'm almost there!....kinda...not really!

Avital88
February 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
i think your hair did grow alot! congrats and happy growing:)

FrozenBritannia
February 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
It looks really nice!

jacqueline101
February 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
It grew more then you think and looks healthier too.

auroraclio
February 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Looks like great growth to me! And your hair looks so much happy :)

patienceneeded
February 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Looks good! Very pretty color too.

PixxieStix
February 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Your hair is looking much better. Don't be too upset over what you think of as lack of growth, if you have an average growth rate, you really could only expect about 2.5 or so inches of growth since August, and if you had a 1 inch trim and micro trims that maybe took off 1/4 inch each, an inch of gained length is really good!

Lissandria
February 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I think you have got good growth since August. :) Your hair looks much healthier, too.

beachgirlla
February 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Are you kidding me :), according to these pics I see a lot of health and growth, this is coming from someone that has same problem as your previous one back in Aug, I'm so happy that you have posted and showed pics as you give me some hope. Your hair back in Aug according to the pic only was fried, very damaged, layered, and I guess you have lost a lot of tiny hairs that broke off by themselves without you trimming them, if there is some good damaged to the hair, that part will just break off and you may not see it, mine does this and I see it when I brush my hair over white surface, I see like 1-2 inches hair that is not a hair that have been fallen with the bulb but a hair as a part of the hair shaft :(, you are in much better situation now as you may have passed the damaged days and even with only 6 months your hair is showing an amazing thickness and health :D

sarah061
February 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Yay! Great progress, it looks much healthier!! Love the waves in the second photo - so pretty! :crush:

kanaka
February 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM
You got some amazing growth and your hair looks healthy and beautiful too. Happy growing

blondie9912
February 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Looking good! I definitely see some progress, as well as improvement in texture :) Good work!

PS. Your hair kind of reminds me of my own :p

Shypii90
February 11th, 2012, 01:01 AM
There definitely is progress! Don't be discouraged that there isn't a lot of new length; your hair looks a lot healthier now, and that means it can grow longer than before! :)

Cara Heather
February 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM
I think it is an amazing difference for 6 mnths. :)

Shona
February 11th, 2012, 12:54 PM
thank you everyone for your lovely comments! it really boosts my confidence when i hear it from a different point of view :-)

jojo
February 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I see lots of growth and super healthy looking hair too; well done!

lunardaydreamer
February 12th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Wow, beautiful growth! I think your hair is lovely. Tilting your head back in the SHOWER is even better because your hair is all heavy with water and feels even longer!

annamoonfairy
February 12th, 2012, 08:02 PM
You have pretty hair and you will hit your target : )