PDA

View Full Version : What a Concept

Vanille_
February 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I'm meeting my husband's boss's boss tonight, along with several of his coworkers. They are all extremely well to do professionals. Coming from extreme poverty and only rising in social class very recently, I have been extremly nervous about this. I met some people in his field in Europe and it went quite well though.

Anyways, I spent HOURS trying to come up with something elaborate for my hair. Overcompensation for perceived other deficiencies? Quite possible. I spent a lot of time on Torrin's page with no luck. I simply couldn't pull something together. With somewhat damp hair, I threw my hair in a bun and ran to do some errands.

I come home, undo my hair and what do I see? Beautiful bun waves! I put two pins to pull the front out of my face and hid them under the back and it looks nice.

Sometimes the simplest answer is often the easiest overlooked.

Hollyfire3
February 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Oh wow, do you think you can send some of those simple anwer vibes to me and my messed up hair? I have tried nearly everything to get my volume and curl back (it works seriously once every month or less) and i want a consistent solution, my hair is thick, but it sure doesn't look it, its brittle and dry one day, they cottony and strange the next!

luxepiggy
February 10th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Indeed! FWIW, having spent most of my life among professional/executive types, I can tell you that they tend to favour a clean, elegant style over one that looks overly "done" anyway. I tend to get the most enthusiastic compliments when I just leave my hair down and spritz it with some shine spray (^(oo)^)v

Vanille_
February 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks piggy, I guess I made the right choice :)

luxepiggy
February 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Oh wow, do you think you can send some of those simple anwer vibes to me and my messed up hair? I have tried nearly everything to get my volume and curl back (it works seriously once every month or less) and i want a consistent solution, my hair is thick, but it sure doesn't look it, its brittle and dry one day, they cottony and strange the next!

Do you have hard water? This sounds a lot like mineral buildup to me.

luxepiggy
February 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks piggy, hopefully I guess I made the right choice :)

I'm sure it looks lovely! *sending positive piggy vibes* http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/330880hsw1dg6gph.gif

Hollyfire3
February 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Do you have hard water? This sounds a lot like mineral buildup to me.

No we don't have hard water, we used to yrs ago but it is long gone now...i think it is some sort of inbalance with protein moisture wierdness..i don't understand it, i want it fixed though, fast.

jacqueline101
February 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I'd say hard water or build up on your hair.

Hollyfire3
February 10th, 2012, 05:22 PM
i will try clarifying tonight

Amber_Maiden
February 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Send the good hair vibes to me!!! I need them- I have frizzy hair these days! I'm washing it too much...

Also, pics of your beautiful bun waves???

jeanniet
February 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I would love to see pics--it sounds lovely.

Don't feel intimidated. No one is better or worse than you are. I understand how you feel; my dad's side of the family is all like that, and I'm kind of a black sheep in the education/income department. You just kind of have to learn to be yourself and not worry about anyone else. :)

Vanille_
February 11th, 2012, 10:28 AM
As sorry. My camera was dead :(

The night went great! I have the impression that I did well! It was a nice party. We watched our first Mardi Gras parade and caught beads. (there are a lot of mardi gras parades)

Not sure what I was worried about to begin with! Hehe.

Hollyfire3
February 11th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Tehe, i get that feeling, its like i worried about this for what again? The worry seemed so valid at the time...lol, glad all went well!

GaJunebug
February 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM
So glad to see you had a nice evening even if there were butterflies in the beginning!

elfgirl
February 11th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm happy to hear that everything worked out! :) Hooray for buns! :D