PDA

View Full Version : Scalp Suddenly Hates EVERYTHING! Help!

RecklessCharlie
February 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM
So all of the sudden my scalp is freaking out. Flakes and other nasty's everywhere!

I had been doing CO and wondered if perhaps it was due to build up so I clarified with a nice gentle sls free clarifying shampoo. NO improvement. So I tried a BS wash followed by a vinegar rinse which usually makes my scalp very happy. Zero change infact I think it got worse.
So then I tried a shampoo bar from CV on my next wash, followed by a very mild AVC rinse. Still no improvement.

I'm rather at a loss. The only thing I can think that may be causing this is the water where I'm living (recently moved), I know that my skin doesn't like most of the chemicals they put in city water systems but could it really make that much of a difference?

Has anyone here had similar experiences and if so how did you remedy the problem?! Any suggestions are very welcomed!

t_ballet26
February 10th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Our city has been putting lots of chlorine in the water lately. My skin was so itchy and red after showers, so we went and bought a shower head filter. I think it was around $20 at home depot, it has made a huge difference and I am so glad we bought it.

Madora
February 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Perhaps some sort of water filter might help.

I'd also recommend returning to plain, ole shampooing and conditioning only...and diluting both.

RecklessCharlie
February 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I have a shower filter but its installed at my other home, it worked great. I got it on Amazon so I can probably check my order history since I can't recall which one I got.

Madora, I'll give the poo and condish a try, I just hate how flyaway and static filled shampoo makes my hair this time of year...are there any brands you would recommend?

spidermom
February 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Try a pre-wash oiling; that always takes down the static for me, also using the CWC method and diluting the shampoo. Don't put conditioner on your scalp, just your length.

Madora
February 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Sorry, RecklessCharlie, I'm only familiar with my George Michael Pink Creme Shampoo.

jacqueline101
February 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'd try the water filter and give your self a deep moisture treatment.

FrozenBritannia
February 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I would try a water filter too. maybe if you are worried about cost, try washing in distilled water first just to see if it makes a difference or not. Also, if the water is that different, maybe your hair will react different to things it used to hate? Just an idea..

mallorykay13
February 10th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Speaking of shower filters, anyone have any links to some good ones?

Euphoria.Dame
February 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Your state has hard water.

misspixie
February 10th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Ahh, my scalp was going through the same exact thing! I tried clairfying, cutting down products, doing coconut oil treatments and nothing worked! So, I bought some Head and Shoulders for itchy scalp and it cleared my scalp issues up in ONE use. Also, it has eucalyptus in it, so it feels so great on the scalp. I only use it occasionally now, but it's worth a shot! :D

shikara
February 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I was just having some problems and one use of Head and Shoulders did the trick too! Love that stuff - it never fails me! A diluted lemon juice rinse helps problems caused by hard water, so you could give that a try until you get a filter. Tea tree, rosemary, lavender and other essential oils can be a real treat for problems such as these too, vut I guess it depends what the problem is caused by. I mean if the condish, say, causes the problem and you use an oil that fixes it, then you use the same condish again........ Hope you find your solution quickly!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_522d75a1.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=522d75a1.jpg)