PDA

View Full Version : Bellydancer's long hair

Paranda Belle
February 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I found this video (http://youtu.be/ar04UZkJ1q0) on youtube of a bellydancer with classic length hair and had to share it.

What I find amazing about it is how she flings her hair about with such reckless abandon without worrying about knots and how it simply falls back into place. It's also nice and shiny with a thick hemline. There are some other videos of her bellydancing on the same channel, but this was the one that showed off her hair the best.

Tigermama
February 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
She is awesome! Those were some very impressive back bends. Hope my hair gete that long someday!

heidi w.
February 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
That doesn't look like any bellydancing that I ever saw. It looks like pseudo bellydancing. It looks like she's trying to be a bit provocative.

There are some people who have long hair that doesn't tangle very much. She's not whipping her hair overall seems to me. Some people have heavier hair and it just kind of lies in place once it's moved out of place. I know a lady who's hair is like that. It's marvelous to have hair like this, although I'm not such a person.

heidi w.

HairFaerie
February 10th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Very beautiful hair, but the whole time I was watching it all I kept thinking was "OMG! She's going to hit her head on that ledge!" She came super close several times!

Sundial
February 10th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I really like her hair :crush: There's something bothering me though and I'm not sure if it does anyone else - it made me uncomfortable to see her sweeping her hair on the floor often during her dance because I keep visualizing the shoes that must have trodden over that same area and goodness knows where those shoes have been

Fencai
February 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Heidi- she's dancing a Baladi and it is belly dance (just did a workshop on this) some of her arm movements seem to be a bit tribalsih

I think its beautiful for the most part. I love a good hair flip in dance, but I think she uses it excessively.

But all in all- man her hair is gorgeous!

Syrena
February 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Beautiful! and so feminin! I absolutelly love the dance and hair too! Thanks for sharing!

kanaka
February 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM
OMG, I love her hair. its gorgeous. I dont know much about bellydancing so i enjoyed her dance and ofcourse mainy back bends

Eden75
February 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
She is doing a more tribal version of a Baladi. There are many different styles of dance. Many of them are very provocative (Dance of the Seven Veils). I danced for 7 years, I loved it!

Belly dancing by its nature and costume is sensual. That's part of the mystic.

As for her hair, wow.....amazing.....

wicked kisses
February 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
That doesn't look like any bellydancing that I ever saw. It looks like pseudo bellydancing. It looks like she's trying to be a bit provocative.

heidi w.

Actually, this is Egyptian cabaret style'belly' dance. There are many different styles.
There is even a style of belly dance where the dancer is almost completely covered face and all, except for the hair, which is long, and loose. This style is all about the hair. I'll look around and see if I can find some vids.

heidi w.
February 10th, 2012, 11:43 AM
She is doing a more tribal version of a Baladi. There are many different styles of dance. Many of them are very provocative (Dance of the Seven Veils). I danced for 7 years, I loved it!

Belly dancing by its nature and costume is sensual. That's part of the mystic.

As for her hair, wow.....amazing.....

I am aware that bellydancing by its nature is a sensual art form. I thank you for explaining the style of dance. I have never seen this kind of dancing. Learn something new every day!

heidi w.

spidermom
February 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Gorgeous hair! She has certainly perfected the graceful hair catch.

I'd have to spend hours combing out knots if I used my hair like that.

wicked kisses
February 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
here's a good one:

http://youtu.be/JFD_aBhZNJE

Avital88
February 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
oh wow, her hair is perfectly straight and a great length.. my dream hair for sure and i love bellydance, i used to it alot myself in higschool..

Kina
February 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
here's a good one:

http://youtu.be/JFD_aBhZNJE

that's a Saudi Arabian form called khallegee (various spellings).

Hair is a huge part of the stereo typical "belly dancer" look and there are lot's of ways of using it to accent the dance and the music.

There is ritual that is performed to music, an ecstatic dance, called zaar which heavily features upper body and head/neck movements: (this is my favorite youtube of zaar for performance, I have another favorite, but it's not on youtube, sadly, by Cassandra Shore) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyohrTlSiM

this is a dancer performing an Iraqi dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpL1Qsug0c&feature=related

here is another version of Egyptian baladi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nwDqCmY_K4

woolyleprechaun
February 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
So many beautiful women, so much stunning hair! What a great thread :) Im just imagining tossing MY hair about like that....yikes! Id have the cat hanging onto it within a second :)

Amarante
February 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thank you for sharing those links, Kina! Those were beautiful dances. :)

Deelight
February 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Mia Shauri of Puerto Rico is one of my favorite long-haired belly dancers.

holomi
February 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM
My goal length of hair. :D

goldenmoments
February 10th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Goodness, she really knows how to handle her hair.

Beatnik Guy
February 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I found this video (http://youtu.be/ar04UZkJ1q0) on youtube of a bellydancer with classic length hair and had to share it.

Wow. Awesome hair-in-motion. :D

Vanille_
February 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Very pretty!

PurplePenguin
February 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
She has such beautiful hair!

jacqueline101
February 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Her hair is awesome and I was worried about the ledge too as it was stated.

Falcore
February 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Stunning! Thank you for sharing :)

PixxieStix
February 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
That was certainly impressive, including all the links added after the OPs! Just.... wow. Although, I do not think I'd be so worried about throwing my hair around like the first one did. She obviously knows how to do it without causing too much of a problem, and if the straight hair is her natural style, perhaps she's relatively tangle free? I know my hair when I am caring for it does not tangle easily, and when it does, it's usually pretty painless to de-tangle. I'm sure first attempts were not fun to deal with later though. There is an art to moving hair about in a way that it does not make you regret it.

PrairieRose
February 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Very Awesome!!

Elphaeba
February 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM
So cool. I want to take some lessons now.

KwaveT
February 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I really like her hair :crush: There's something bothering me though and I'm not sure if it does anyone else - it made me uncomfortable to see her sweeping her hair on the floor often during her dance because I keep visualizing the shoes that must have trodden over that same area and goodness knows where those shoes have been

Somebody actually agrees with me on how germ-laden shoes are. That dancer's feet are much cleaner than most people's shoes are. At least here in U.S., most people think bare feet are nasty and gross while shoes aren't. You handle this by asking people when is the last time you wash your shoes. That usually shuts up the conversation. I agree with others that her hair is absolutely beautiful.

Nae
February 11th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing.

She has pretty straightish hair. Does that help with tangles? I know my hair would tangle right up if I tried that, but I am curlier than her.

I have this notion that with enough cones that you could really do some hair flinging if you have straighter hair but I could be totally off target.

notasign
February 11th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Belly dance is actually a major part of the reason I'm growing my hair long.

I like her style--the mix of the tribalish arm elements in with the cabaret is pretty neat. And man, I have never seen such straight hair.