PDA

View Full Version : I did it, I made the length picture

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Personally I don't see much of a difference.. which is what I always fear when I take these pictures :rolleyes:

Here is the larger version of the latest siggie image:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4870/lengte1532008qf9.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lengte1532008qf9.jpg)

had to lighten it a bit.. some day I will learn to wear lighter clothing.

AJoifulNoise
March 15th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I see growth! And new highlights in the color, too.

UrbanEast
March 15th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Eadwine, I can definitely see growth! Just for fun, I took your December photo and stretched the dimensions so that the height is the same as it is in March. (I just have basic tools, so the result is far from perfect!). I can see at least an inch and a half of growth, maybe two, of growth there.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/2335079842_c73723b323_o.jpg

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 07:16 AM
AJoifulNoise: That is the sun though, my hair reflects light in all sorts of different ways :)

UrbanEast: really? That much??

AJoifulNoise
March 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM
AJoifulNoise: That is the sun though, my hair reflects light in all sorts of different ways :)

UrbanEast: really? That much??

Sun or no, it's still pretty! And, the sun doesn't make it look longer! :p

UrbanEast
March 15th, 2008, 07:21 AM
It definitely looks like more than an inch. Did you get a trim to change the hem? It looks like it grew more on the sides than in the center of the U.

What does the tape measure say?

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
The tape measure is screaming in the bottomless pit. I don't measure myself. I got one trim, or maybe two, during that time.. micro's

I did have to sit down fast for that self timer, so that also gets things a wee out of whack

UrbanEast
March 15th, 2008, 09:47 AM
It looks like your head is at the same height, so I think the growth is definitely real. I can understand why you're reluctant to get too attached to the tape measure though. :) Do you have a goal length?

Niphredil
March 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
the distance hair-chair is definitely shorter!
And if you look how the hair lays on your shoulder/back, it looks longer!

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 10:18 AM
It looks like your head is at the same height, so I think the growth is definitely real. I can understand why you're reluctant to get too attached to the tape measure though. :) Do you have a goal length?
I am going to have someone else measure me, same person who measured me at 60cm back in November (or was that December..).

My goal length is having a braid tassel hanging firmly on waist.. so.. tailbone, most likely

the distance hair-chair is definitely shorter!
And if you look how the hair lays on your shoulder/back, it looks longer!
Thanks! I just KNOW it is longer as I am having to do the bun differently, but urgh.. when you take a picture it just doesn't show so dramatically *giggles*

Mahars
March 15th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I think it's definately longer. The older picture is right at APL and the newest looks at least an inch past APL. I think the chair is definately further away from the camera in the latest picture. Good growing! :)

ReadingRenee
March 15th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I think it definitely looks longer. I swear our hair is the same length proprotionally to our bodies because your pictures look a lot like my pictures and I feel like I never see any growth either even though the tape measure tells me otherwise. this is a frustrating length stage for sure.

Anyway, your hair looks great and in that tutorial for the ten second bun you put up a while ago I noticed your hair looked much longer! :)

jojo
March 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
i can see at least 2" of growth, you have gone from apl to ver nearly bsl, well done it looks beautiful x

Carina
March 15th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Congratulations to your growth:D:)!!!!I'm gonna eat a lot of bananas from now on so I can catch up with you.:p;)

spidermom
March 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think the length gain is coming along nicely, and you have pretty, shiny hair.

I liked best taking a length picture once per year; I could always seen progress, albeit modest.

eadwine
March 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I think it's definately longer. The older picture is right at APL and the newest looks at least an inch past APL. I think the chair is definately further away from the camera in the latest picture. Good growing! :)
Yeah, when I look in the mirror that is what I see too. I need another 1.5" to reach the start of BSL, I will be glad to GET there hehe.

I think it definitely looks longer. I swear our hair is the same length proprotionally to our bodies because your pictures look a lot like my pictures and I feel like I never see any growth either even though the tape measure tells me otherwise. this is a frustrating length stage for sure.

Anyway, your hair looks great and in that tutorial for the ten second bun you put up a while ago I noticed your hair looked much longer! :)
It sure is a frustrating length, but I am just going to persevere :)

i can see at least 2" of growth, you have gone from apl to ver nearly bsl, well done it looks beautiful x
Thank you so much :)

Congratulations to your growth:D:)!!!!I'm gonna eat a lot of bananas from now on so I can catch up with you.:p;)
:lol: Don't eat too much, don't want them to stop you up inside *giggles*

I think the length gain is coming along nicely, and you have pretty, shiny hair.

I liked best taking a length picture once per year; I could always seen progress, albeit modest.
That is why I am taking a picture quarterly instead of monthly. It is too frustrating when it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Thanks all! :)

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 07:53 AM
i just noticed your new siggy in another thread, yes it is DEF longer!!!! The gap between the chair and hair gets shorter!

Curlsgirl
March 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Lookin' good Eadwine!!!! Just wanted to say it definitely looks longer!!! :cheese:

eadwine
March 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thank you!

I intend to make a picture this weekend standing up, hands on waist. Classic LHC position. ;)

It might show things off better as you can see more of the bod then too.

Jaime
March 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I definitely see additional length, too. One thing you might try is a trick I figured out only after I did it a couple times without realizing it. If you go to my picture album, you'll see that I'm wearing the same shirt in all my progress pictures. With that as a common reference point, I can visually see how much closer I've come to the logo on the back of the shirt.

8) Jim

And YES, I do wash the shirt between photos! :cool:

Peggy E.
March 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Unless you're slumping more in this most recent pic, your hair is closer to the top of the chair, which would definitely indicate growth!

Lovely hair, too, what a beautiful shine!

Chamomile betty
March 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I see growth :)
It looks beautful.

eadwine
March 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I definitely see additional length, too. One thing you might try is a trick I figured out only after I did it a couple times without realizing it. If you go to my picture album, you'll see that I'm wearing the same shirt in all my progress pictures. With that as a common reference point, I can visually see how much closer I've come to the logo on the back of the shirt.

8) Jim

And YES, I do wash the shirt between photos! :cool:
I did that already :) I am going to do the standing up hands in waist style from now on, at least it is then easier to see the hair against the body, easier for comparison sake.

Unless you're slumping more in this most recent pic, your hair is closer to the top of the chair, which would definitely indicate growth!

Lovely hair, too, what a beautiful shine!
Thank you very much. I was sitting the same way, no slumping here :)

I see growth :)
It looks beautful.
Thanks!!

Lipbalmbabe
February 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Lovely growth