PDA

View Full Version : Worried!

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I am so worried that organix coconut shampoo and conditioner will make my hair fall out, i have been using it for about 2 weeks with good results, but i also read this on makeup alley
Beauty buyers BEWARE. I loved the smell of this Shampoo (and so did my boyfriend) but after 3 weeks of using this, my hair started to fall out. I thought I had a disease! It was coming out from the roots and not only did it make my hair tangled, but dry too. My hair has never had a problem like this before, in-fact my hair was very strong and durable. I wanted to like it, I really did. I was so in love with the smell of the Shampoo that I didn't realize what it was doing to my hair until it was too late. Now, I have to start a recovery process for my hair so I won't be bald in the near future. I'm sure this won't effect everyone like it has me, but I want to give everyone a warning so you can think twice before you buy it.

So now, i am scared my hair will start coming out! I am also noticing about 30 hairs come out in the shower, but i do not know if this is normal for me because i just started counting them these last few times. my hair is coming out at the roots also, but isn't this just how normal daily shed hairs are supposed to be? Is 30 hairs alot to loose JUST in the shower...how will i know if my hair is falling out, it looks like so much to me when i look at all the strands!

Madora
February 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I am so worried that organix coconut shampoo and conditioner will make my hair fall out, i have been using it for about 2 weeks with good results, but i also read this on makeup alley
Beauty buyers BEWARE. I loved the smell of this Shampoo (and so did my boyfriend) but after 3 weeks of using this, my hair started to fall out. I thought I had a disease! It was coming out from the roots and not only did it make my hair tangled, but dry too. My hair has never had a problem like this before, in-fact my hair was very strong and durable. I wanted to like it, I really did. I was so in love with the smell of the Shampoo that I didn't realize what it was doing to my hair until it was too late. Now, I have to start a recovery process for my hair so I won't be bald in the near future. I'm sure this won't effect everyone like it has me, but I want to give everyone a warning so you can think twice before you buy it.

So now, i am scared my hair will start coming out! I am also noticing about 30 hairs come out in the shower, but i do not know if this is normal for me because i just started counting them these last few times. my hair is coming out at the roots also, but isn't this just how normal daily shed hairs are supposed to be? Is 30 hairs alot to loose JUST in the shower...how will i know if my hair is falling out, it looks like so much to me when i look at all the strands!

Generally speaking, daily fallout can range from 80 to 100 hairs a day. This is normal.

As far as hair coming out while shampooing, a lot depends on how you manipulate your strands while shampooing, rinsing and conditioning. The more gentler you are, the better for your hair.

Before you get your hair wet, it's a good idea to thoroughly brush or comb your hair out so that it is completely detangled.

If you are worried about fallout, what you could do to keep track of lost/fallen hair is:

take a two week's supply of plain envelopes, mark the date in the corner on each.

On the appointed day, collect all the shed hair and place it in the envelope for that day. Count the hairs in the envelope and mark the number on the outside of the envelope.

Keep track of the number of hairs during the two week period and see how much hair you're losing. If it stays within a certain range, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Also, are you doing anything else with your hair that might account for the shedding hairs? Are you detangling each day? Staying away from blowfryers and anything else that might contribute to fallout?

I hope you find the solution to your problem!

swearnsue
February 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
The person that wrote the review on makeup alley is blaming the shampoo but we don't really know why her hair is falling out, or if it really is.

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Generally speaking, daily fallout can range from 80 to 100 hairs a day. This is normal.

As far as hair coming out while shampooing, a lot depends on how you manipulate your strands while shampooing, rinsing and conditioning. The more gentler you are, the better for your hair.

Before you get your hair wet, it's a good idea to thoroughly brush or comb your hair out so that it is completely detangled.

If you are worried about fallout, what you could do to keep track of lost/fallen hair is:

take a two week's supply of plain envelopes, mark the date in the corner on each.

On the appointed day, collect all the shed hair and place it in the envelope for that day. Count the hairs in the envelope and mark the number on the outside of the envelope.

Keep track of the number of hairs during the two week period and see how much hair you're losing. If it stays within a certain range, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Also, are you doing anything else with your hair that might account for the shedding hairs? Are you detangling each day? Staying away from blowfryers and anything else that might contribute to fallout?

I hope you find the solution to your problem!

This coconut shampoo makes my hair very tangly...as does the product i used while blowfrying...yes you read that right, i blow fryed TWICE this week because my patience ran thin on my hair and i like to punish it...my attempt at getting halfway decent hair for a day or so...I try to detangle, but my hair felt so dry...so very proteiny...i think it was the product i used, not the shampoo even though it has protein in it, it was not a problem until i used that product...i just hope i'm not loosing hair...i might have to track it, but the idea of counting strands and putting them in envelopes does not sound appealing..oh well, its for the best, thanks for the idea. I am just so worried my hair will fall out like in the review. so scared so very scared, but this shampoo is the first one in a long time to actually work, so i really don't wanna give it up...i mgiht have to though, i dont want to loose hair...

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM
good point, how could a shampoo even cause your hair to fall out?

CynthiaK
February 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I used the Organix Coconut Line for a while and my hair loss didn't increase. Maybe she had a delayed allergic reaction.

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
also another good point, i didn't even think of that

Carissamarie08
February 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
This shampoo made my hair so so dry that I had to rip through my hair to get the tangles out...which caused a bunch of hair to fall out. Haha

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, my hair is dry after shampooing, but the conditioner makes it so soft and the combo has really helped my hair over this past week, and its the only protein product my hair can handle without going into overload, i just have to be really careful when combing to be sure i don't pull my hair! Maybe i could try CWC with this stuff?

lirael
February 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I used Organix Coconut shampoo for a while and it did dry out my hair a bit, but with lots conditioner it was fine. Maybe the dryness could lead to damage for someone with fine, fragile hair. I loved the smell more than the way it made my hair feel, and I used it for months with no adverse affects.

I keep my hair in a bun or a braid 80% of the time and I only get my hair wet when I wash it, so 2-3 times a week, and every time I lose so many hairs that the entire shower wall is covered in hair. When I first started keeping it up, I thought I was going bald but really it's just shed hairs from 2-3 days that have been stuck in my bun.

In conclusion, I wouldn't be too worried about any of this unless your hair feels bad or starts to feel thinner.

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I used Organix Coconut shampoo for a while and it did dry out my hair a bit, but with lots conditioner it was fine. Maybe the dryness could lead to damage for someone with fine, fragile hair. I loved the smell more than the way it made my hair feel, and I used it for months with no adverse affects.

I keep my hair in a bun or a braid 80% of the time and I only get my hair wet when I wash it, so 2-3 times a week, and every time I lose so many hairs that the entire shower wall is covered in hair. When I first started keeping it up, I thought I was going bald but really it's just shed hairs from 2-3 days that have been stuck in my bun.

In conclusion, I wouldn't be too worried about any of this unless your hair feels bad or starts to feel thinner.

Yeah, my hair is not fine or fragile (aside from some past heat damage) so i don't think i will have a problem, if only i knew soem great updos and buns to wear my hair up as often, it must be doing wonders for your hair, i applaud you! My hair doesn't feel thinner at all, i was once told by a hairdresser (when i thought my hair was falling out from heat styling, it wasn't by the way)i have so much hair it would take alot for me to notice i was losing hair, so i want to know if i'm losing hair as soon as possible..honestly don't think i am though, after reading through these posts

Mesmerise
February 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Weirdly enough, my major sheds seemed to start soon after I started using a new shampoo. But in retrospect, I think it was just coincidence!

It is feasible that a person could be allergic to something in a particular shampoo which may make their hair fall out, but it won't happen to everyone who uses it!

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Weirdly enough, my major sheds seemed to start soon after I started using a new shampoo. But in retrospect, I think it was just coincidence!

It is feasible that a person could be allergic to something in a particular shampoo which may make their hair fall out, but it won't happen to everyone who uses it!

Oh good! I think the review might have said something about it certainly not affecting everyone, i must have missed that part in my hysteria...i have actually (knock on wood) had a major shed, ever (holds breath) please tell me i didn't just jinx it! I am so scared of loosing hair, it would devastate me!

spidermom
February 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Don't worry too much about one review. You don't know what else was going on in that person's life or even whether or not she/he is truthful.

Now if there are LOTS of reviews against this product, you may want to pay attention.

SpinDance
February 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Remember also that when someone has something really stressful happen in their life it can cause the hair growth cycle to be interrupted, which usually results in a shed a few months later. If you don't know this can happen it is easy to decide it is something you changed recently.

It does sound like you may be getting buildup from that shampoo, though. Perhaps you can try clarifying and doing a deep conditioning treatment to see if that helps?

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM
i found some others saying their hair was dry from this product, but i think this might have been the only one about hair loss resulting from using this product, most loved this stuff for the smoothness it gave their hair and some hated it for drying their hair out, only one said they lost hair, i still worry though, this one review has made me parinoid...can hair be so sqeeky clean it is easier to pull out? my hair seems a bit stipped, but i think i left the shampoo on because my hair was knoted and i was combing it, so that might be the reason, but the hair seems to come out easier...maybe this is just my imagination.

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Remember also that when someone has something really stressful happen in their life it can cause the hair growth cycle to be interrupted, which usually results in a shed a few months later. If you don't know this can happen it is easy to decide it is something you changed recently.

It does sound like you may be getting buildup from that shampoo, though. Perhaps you can try clarifying and doing a deep conditioning treatment to see if that helps?

I clarifyed very recently, i do not think i need to again, if anything, my hair feels stripped from daily washing, i did a sort of DT i left the coconut conditioner on for 3 hrs then rinsed, hopefully this helps, but i won't know, my hair won't be dry for a few hrs now, if this doesnt help i might clarify again and keep looking.. thank you for the suggestion though

beachgirlla
February 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
good point, how could a shampoo even cause your hair to fall out?

I suggest that you change the shampoo, you do not have to like it, there are 1000s of shampoos and conditioners out there, if you feel something is not right, do not wait, just change it, and yes there may be something in the shampoo that reacted with some ingredients and caused your scalp to react in a certain way, give yourself a peace of mind and change the shampoo :D, update us please

BlazingHeart
February 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM
While I don't think this shampoo is going to make your hair fall out, it does not sound like a good match for you if it is making your hair dry and tangly. Perhaps using a different shampoo with this conditioner would better suit your needs? You don't have to stick with a product line if it parts of it are less than ideal for your hair.

Pidge
February 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Every head of hair is different, so I suppose it is causing some shedding, or did so for the Makeup Alley reviewer.
However, I will say, that I have been using exclusively Organix products (with the exception of clarifying) for the last 1 1/2 years and I have noticed that my shedding has significantly decreased and my hair health has improved, which seems to contradict that reviewers experience.
Some of their shampoos can be a little on the extreme cleaning side, though (for me, coconut milk and cherry ginseng) but I CWC, so that's not a big problem for me.
If you really love the scent and the product (I am, obviously, a huge fan), but want something a little more gentle, I would very much suggest the Brazilian Keratin Therapy or, my current favorite, Shea Butter. The smell is very similar, but the shampoo seems a little less, erm, thorough.
They also have a Cocoa Butter line, but I've yet to see that in stores, so cannot report from experience.

Pidge
February 10th, 2012, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Pidge;1990530]Every head of hair is different, so I suppose it is causing some shedding, or did so for the Makeup Alley reviewer.

Sorry, I can't edit this post, I meant to say I suppose it is POSSIBLE that it is causing shedding. Oops!:o