PDA

View Full Version : Sample shampoo bars worth it?

Amiblue
February 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I am making my first ever order of anything hair related online from Henna Sooq and was wondering if you all thought the sample shampoo bars are worth getting? I am wanting to try 3 of them (to start :D) and want to make sure I am not making a crazy oopsie right out of the gate.

On order now:
Cocoveda Shampoo Sample
Berhempsu Shampoo Bar Sample
Argan Oil Shampoo and Body Bar Sample
Organic Cassia Obovata 200 grams (I think that is enough for my hair???)

I am soooo excited!!!! I am thinking about Amla, but don't really know how it would work with my hair and don't want to get too much at first. I want it all!

Hollyfire3
February 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I am making my first ever order of anything hair related online from Henna Sooq and was wondering if you all thought the sample shampoo bars are worth getting? I am wanting to try 3 of them (to start :D) and want to make sure I am not making a crazy oopsie right out of the gate.

On order now:
Cocoveda Shampoo Sample
Berhempsu Shampoo Bar Sample
Argan Oil Shampoo and Body Bar Sample
Organic Cassia Obovata 200 grams (I think that is enough for my hair???)

I am soooo excited!!!! I am thinking about Amla, but don't really know how it would work with my hair and don't want to get too much at first. I want it all!

Oooo! Samples, i might have to get some, i have never before gotten any. If you are going to try cassia, 200 grams should be enough (my hair is iii but since i made the paste sort of thin, i used much less than i thought) but then again, it depends on how long your hair is.

longcurlygirl<3
February 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
They are worth it because I bought some to see which ones I really liked, but I bought the honey one [ very moisturizing] the full size and love it!!!

Amiblue
February 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Oooo! Samples, i might have to get some, i have never before gotten any. If you are going to try cassia, 200 grams should be enough (my hair is iii but since i made the paste sort of thin, i used much less than i thought) but then again, it depends on how long your hair is.

Awesome. I think samples are amazing, I just prefer the free ones. ;) Thanks to for the info on Cassia amount. I remember seeing someone post amounts for length and I believe this should be enough for the first try. Cross all fingers and toes!

They are worth it because I bought some to see which ones I really liked, but I bought the honey one [ very moisturizing] the full size and love it!!!

Oooo... I KNEW I forgot one! Lol! I told my Hubby I was ordering (he is at work) and I was oogling everything. His reaction, "you have a bunch of stuff at the house now. Get what you want but not too much!" Hehehehe.... :D

Next time then.... I am sure I will get more Cassia for another treatment in a couple of weeks.

I can't wait for it to get here so I can try them. Anyone try the ones I am getting or recommend others they just can't live without?

littleizz
February 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
The last two orders I got from Henna Sooq both had one shampoo bar sample included for free, but I would definitely say get more if you're interested!! I had never used it before, but after using the samples I might buy one or two normal sized ones :)

Amiblue
February 9th, 2012, 06:08 PM
:D Also, for anyone who is interested, if you enter code: NewFan2012, you get 20% off your order! Thought I would share my find. :cheese:

BlazingHeart
February 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I got a CV sample off the swap board and it was great. I was worried about trying shampoo bars, as I had gotten some from Serpentine hair a few years ago and they were awful in my hair. Not having to invest too much money to try a different brand and a different water supply (I moved since I tried them the first time) was a definite advantage. Happily, the CV bars work awesome for me.

autumnsdaughter
February 10th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I just got the Cocoveda and the Argan Oil bars- full size. I've been using the Argan oil bar for my face, but I can tell you it's quite mild and moisturizing. I've used the Cocoveda on my hair, and it is super rich. I was not expecting it to be so moisturizing! I have pretty dry hair, and I can tell the Cocoveda is helping.

Amiblue
February 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Update: I got my package on Wednesday and the mail man thought I was crazy as I jumped for joy and gushed over this little yellow envelope. *Sigh* I did an allergy test and was fine so I took the leap. I washed my hair with the cocoveda shampoo bar first while the cassia sat for about 20 minutes with about a tbs of olive oil mixed in with the hot water. I then applied, wrapped and let it sit for 3 hours. Rinsed amazingly well, shampooed again with the same cocoveda bar, applied olive/macadamia oil mix and left it alone for the night. The results: AMAZING! I lost the frizz (though, if I don't stop touching my incredibly soft, silky and color popping hair it won't stay that way! LOL!) and my curls are more defined even with drying hanging loose and not in the curly girl plopping way. And even with my starting color, I did pull out more golds and reds. Honestly, I am amazed and thrilled and it is all thanks to you guys. I never knew any of this before LHC and with your help, I am making my way to TB with happier, healthier hair. THANKS for letting me pester you all with my continuous questions. :D

If I find the camera, I will post a brushed out right before pic and one of the day I re-find the camera.