PDA

View Full Version : I gave myself a "trim"

maborosi
February 9th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Last night, I was having a severe anxiety attack. Against, well, more clear judgment, I decided that right then and there my hair needed a trim really really badly right now!!!11oneone

And so, I snipped. And snipped...and snipped some more. I think, honestly, I was really anxious because I am going to go to a new doctor today and get a new treatment. But alas...

Well, at first it was at about WL...then I trimmed it back to BSL....then it made it up to APL...no, wait...now it's...SL....then up to CHIN (Is that an acronym? lol) then, I cut it to a bob.

I think at first, I just wanted to thicken up my hemline, but I cut it all the way back to a bob. And you know, for something I did out of distress more than anything, it looks actually....pretty good.

I was worried it wouldn't look good on my face, but actually, I'm not dissatisfied.

But most of all, I'll get to have a fresh start. I'm at a length where I can let my natural color grow in and I can experiment a bit with color and such. I'm sure I'll probably go through a period where I am a bit upset over this, but I know hair grows back. That's the beautiful thing.

Anyway, here's a good picture. If you think I look frazzled or tired...well, it's 'cause I was! :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/4tvw47.jpg

~maborosi~

GlassWidow
February 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I bet it looks great; based on what I can see in your avatar, you've got the kind of face that would look great with a chin length cut. It sounds as if you're not unhappy with the results, too!

I hope your visit to the doctor goes well today, and that your new treatment works wonders.

hairyfan21
February 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Ohh very nice. I wish I could learn how to cut my own hair. my hair is very short right now, so I can't cut my own hair. I go to barber to cut it every two months.

maborosi
February 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I bet it looks great; based on what I can see in your avatar, you've got the kind of face that would look great with a chin length cut. It sounds as if you're not unhappy with the results, too!

I hope your visit to the doctor goes well today, and that your new treatment works wonders.

Thank you very much! I was so surprised that it looked okay on my face, being so short. And thank you for your kind words :flower:

Ohh very nice. I wish I could learn how to cut my own hair. my hair is very short right now, so I can't cut my own hair. I go to barber to cut it every two months.

Oh, yeah, much shorter than this, and I definitely could not cut it myself ^^;

~maborosi~

hairyfan21
February 9th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I wish my hair was long enough that I can easily grab it and cut it myself. I would save about 25 bucks (its 20 dollars for a cut and I tip $5) every month or so.

B-L
February 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Oh wow.. Brave!! :) I belive it looks good.. can't wait for pics..

I trimmed my own hair, but I took of about an inch.. I don't think I could do a bob without it looking like a kid did it :D

sisi33
February 9th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Pictures! We always need pictuuuuuures! :p glad you're happy with your "trim"! There is something freeing about cutting off that much hair at one time- I've done this, multiple times. Must resist urge to cut...

GOOD LUCK AT YOUR APPOINTMENT! :cheer:

Guenever
February 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Oh, you brave woman :D I'm SO happy that the result turned out well!

When I opened the thread and started reading I feared the worst... Usually when people post about their impulsive act of chopping off hair (tried it myself - waist to SL in an instant), the result is often a very tearful, unhappy member sharing her feelings of regret :(

But, you sound so at ease with your new 'do! (which I'm SURE is very chic, btw! :D)
Can't wait to see the pics! :cheese:

BranwenWolf
February 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only person that's like "I'm anxious and full of myself and alone. I think I'll cut my hair." Anxiety is no fun at all, but some of the novel things we do...

I'm sure it's gorgeous and please post pics, or have the hairstylist get one.

lapushka
February 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
That's a pretty big trim, as I kept reading the hair length kept getting shorter until it said: bob. *cringe* It does sound as though you're happy with your new style, so enjoy it, and enjoy growing it back out again if you want. :)

jacqueline101
February 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
It looks wonderful and I hope you get help.

rachel809
February 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Kudos on the brave act. I suffer from anxiety too, and nothing like messing with something as fluid and changing as your hair for a quick fix and take your mind off of things! Hope the dr. appt went well.

Can't wait to see pics.

woolyleprechaun
February 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Pics or it didnt happen ;) The main thing is that your happy! :)

arcane
February 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I constantly have to fight the urge to chop away at my hair when my anxiety gets high. I've actually had my partner hide the sissors from me because I knew I would be too upset come the morning if I actually ever go through with it. I'm glad you like it though, it's a fresh start.

maborosi
February 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I constantly have to fight the urge to chop away at my hair when my anxiety gets high. I've actually had my partner hide the sissors from me because I knew I would be too upset come the morning if I actually ever go through with it. I'm glad you like it though, it's a fresh start.

I think I'll have to give up my hair scissors soon- I'd rather not have something like this happen again.

Kudos on the brave act. I suffer from anxiety too, and nothing like messing with something as fluid and changing as your hair for a quick fix and take your mind off of things! Hope the dr. appt went well.

Can't wait to see pics.

Thank you. :) Yes, the appointment went really well! :D And everyone was really surprised when they saw me with less hair, lol! (It also made everything like 10x easier, 'cause otherwise my hair might've gotten tangled in the machine o_o)

That's a pretty big trim, as I kept reading the hair length kept getting shorter until it said: bob. *cringe* It does sound as though you're happy with your new style, so enjoy it, and enjoy growing it back out again if you want. :)

Oh, definitely! I am seeing this whole thing as a starting-over journey. I now get to put into action everything I've learned to do (and not to do) thanks to LHC! I think that, in the long run, even if it was just sheer impulsivity, this will turn out for the better. My hair will be much happier than it was before, when I chemically dyed it and had old heat damage from years of flat ironing and such.

Thank you everybody for your kind words and supportiveness :D

~maborosi~

planetqueenie
February 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM
mmm...I have anxiety too and have chopped my hair hair up many times, in fact that is the reason I taught myself to self trim. Why do we go for the hair? I'm glad I'm not a cutter, of my skin:o I think you look beautiful by the way! I remember cutting bangs one day, I didn't even know why, I just started going, and several times I have taken my hair from past my shoulders to chin-ish with a few snips! I fight the urge to do this now by micro trimming my hair frequently, it actually helps some how? I'm not a psychiatrist:rolleyes:

Vercelli
February 9th, 2012, 09:40 PM
That was brave! But you look pretty anyway - with longish and with shorter hair!:)

Wishing you all the best! Take care.

BranwenWolf
February 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
That is quite adorable.
I hope the future brings many calm days for you.

B-L
February 10th, 2012, 01:45 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/4tvw47.jpg

~maborosi~

That looks great!! Suits you beautifully! :thud:

maborosi
February 11th, 2012, 05:52 PM
That looks great!! Suits you beautifully! :thud:

Thank you so much! :)

It's really made me feel better because a lot of people have told me how much they like my hair now.

~maborosi~

Amber_Maiden
February 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
That took courage! Good for you! Looks great! :)

annamoonfairy
February 11th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I think you look fabulous.

Anywhere
February 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Looks lovely, to be honest. Yay for fresh starts!

FrozenBritannia
February 11th, 2012, 08:09 PM
You're crazy, but I like it! :D (I am not actually saying you are insane btw, just a figure of speech)

Artisticat
February 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Frankly you have such a lovely face you can wear any style you choose!

misspixie
February 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Wow, I think it looks great! I as well, have severe anxiety. But I am quite the opposite. I obsess over my hair and if I trim my ends I am super anal about not trimming ~too~ much, because heaven forbid I might lose length lol!

lunardaydreamer
February 12th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Your hair looks great at that length!!!!

In the past when I'd get anxious and want a hair change it used to be "Let me cut my bangs into Bettie bangs again!" as of late it's been "Ooh let me lighten my hair! I want to be blonde!" two bleachings and tonings later: "Oh :( I don't like myself blonde" lol!

Glad it worked out well for you! You definitely have the face to pull off anything :)

melusine963
February 12th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I think that short hair really suits you. I'm definitely not brave enough to try anything like this myself but I'm glad it worked.

rstuart1
February 13th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Does look great!