PDA

View Full Version : Salon visit, before/after

spidermom
July 18th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Those of you have been around for a long while may remember a thread I launched about my DD's stylist. She asked my DD to bring me and said that she would talk me into something new. Everybody advised "don't see her!" But DD kept at me until I agreed to let this stylist do my next trim, and I've been seeing her ever since. She's awesome.

Last evening, she could have done just about anything to my hair. I even asked about color. She said that I should get to my already-stated goal (classic length) before considering a makeover.

Then she applied an awesome deep-conditioning treatment that left my hair feeling silkier than silk and trimmed the ends.
I carefully blow-dried my own hair (on warm and cool) while she worked on my daughter's hair.

Now for the before and after pictures:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/SV0708before.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/SV0708after.jpg

Gumball
July 18th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Wow. Did you poke and prod her brain for the name of the super conditioner she used? That could be a handy bit of info! I've got to say your hair looks amazing, spidermom, before and after. I'm glad you have such great experiences with that stylist. It's also refreshing to see that she wants you to get to your goal first, too.

VanillaTresses
July 18th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Beautiful before AND after! You're lucky to have found such a good stylist! :)

sibilum
July 18th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Looks great, very shiny and smooth!

lora410
July 18th, 2008, 09:01 AM
as always you hair is simply gorgeous!!!! :thud:

lady_hero
July 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM
It looks so nice, spidermom! What products did she use and is it a chain salon?

BrianaFineHair
July 18th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Beautiful! :)

Islandgrrl
July 18th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Wow, K, the before and after are just gorgeous! How fortunate you are to have found a stylist who respects your long hair! :flower:

annarose
July 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Spidermom, :thud:

Your hair always looks amazing.

:thud: again

skay
July 18th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Spidermom,

Gee, your hair looks terrific! ;) (by the way, anyone remember that ad? :) ).

What an awesome hair day you must've had. :)

JessTheMess
July 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
You have beautiful hair spidermom! I'm interested in finding out this super conditioner as well:p

mommy2one05
July 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Oh very pretty. I am glad you are happy with this stylist and that they really listen to you. DO you know what the great conditioner was?

wintersun99
July 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
amazing! so very pretty :)

Sofoulee
July 18th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Your hair looks great to me either way! You're fortunate to have found such a good stylist.

Siava
July 18th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I like both pictures. Your hair is so shiny!

wonderlywroughte
July 18th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ooh, your hair looks great in both pictures!! :heart: I love it!

Samara Morgan
July 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
What a great stylist she sounds like! :grin: Plus she did a lovely, even trim :agree: Your hair looks lovely both in the before and after pic though :D

spidermom
July 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I had a two-part deep conditioning treatment. The first was Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. I will find out the second.

justgreen
July 18th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Your hair is just amazing. I'm baffled why you would feel bad about it when you do, it's wonderful and so pretty. Soooo feminine. Yep, waiting to find out about that conditioner!

SchnauzerMom
July 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Wow your hair looks so beautiful. I'm glad you found a stylist who works with you instead of against you.

Periwinkle
July 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Your hair looks terrific!

It's a really unusual colour you have; it's sort of between blonde and silver and grey. It's gorgeous. I'm envious.

Shermie Girl
July 18th, 2008, 12:01 PM
You are so lucky to have found a wonderful stylist who listens, respects her clients' wishes and does great work. I have always thought that your hair is lovely. But, I must say, it looks incredible all straight and glossy, like that. :)

I am also awaiting the news on the second part of the deep treatment. K-Pak is great stuff. I am interested to see what works so beautifully with it to give a result like yours.

Shield31
July 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
spidermom,

great story, photo and, as always..

Spectacular Hair!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:: cheer:

Those of you have been around for a long while may remember a thread I launched about my DD's stylist. She asked my DD to bring me and said that she would talk me into something new. Everybody advised "don't see her!" But DD kept at me until I agreed to let this stylist do my next trim, and I've been seeing her ever since. She's awesome.

Last evening, she could have done just about anything to my hair. I even asked about color. She said that I should get to my already-stated goal (classic length) before considering a makeover.

Then she applied an awesome deep-conditioning treatment that left my hair feeling silkier than silk and trimmed the ends.
I carefully blow-dried my own hair (on warm and cool) while she worked on my daughter's hair.

Now for the before and after pictures:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/SV0708before.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/SV0708after.jpg

Alethia
July 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Gorgeous hair!! :)

DavidN
July 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
What outstanding photos, SpiderMom, and your hair is so thick, smooth and shiny,a nd such an inspiration!

cindy58
July 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Lovely results!

Tap Dancer
July 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
No wonder it feels like silk; it looks like silk! :inlove:

yogachic
July 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Your hair looks alot lighter, did I miss, you lightening it?

maskedrose
July 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
It looks amazing Spidermom! I'm still thrilled with the trim S gave me a couple months ago and I will definitely be going back, probably in late October/early November. Don't know if you will be ready for another trim by then, but if you are we should all do another girls day! I'm totally going to have her do that deep conditioning treatment on me next time as well...

Saryn Jumail
July 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Your hair is really pretty!

spidermom
July 18th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Nope, no artificial lightening. I'm getting more silver all the time, plus the lights inside that salon are very bright. Hence very light/bright-looking hair.

Masked Rose, you know I wouldn't miss a girl's day with you for ANYTHING. When you're ready for a trim, I'm ready. Even if it's tomorrow.

spidermom
July 18th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Your hair is really pretty!

Thank you. Thank you all. I was about to settle in and personally reply to everyone, then remembered I've only got a few minutes. Off to blog!

Xandergrammy
July 18th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Spidermom, your hair looks so gorgeous! I'm very envious that you found such a great hair caretaker. :sun:

ETA: I meant to tell you how beautiful the color is. It really is spectacular!

harpgal
July 18th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Those are lovely pictures, spidermom. I love the color and length. You will be at classic before you know it!

angelthadiva
July 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Wow, SM, your hair is gorgeous! :D :thud:

Please don't forget to find out the 2nd part of the deep condish...I think we all wanna know! :flower:

Isilme
July 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I'm with the other ones, get the name of that product!
Spidermom, you are always getting us up to high expectations, and you fulfill (is that word spelled right? It looks weird) them everytime you post hair pictures!

Ndnlady
July 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM
It's always nice when you can find a salon you can trust! Your hair is beautiful and so is the color!

unaspenser
July 18th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Woah, Spidermom! Your hair looks amazing. You probably hear this all the time, but I love your color!

Kiraela
July 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Oh wow, your hair looks gorgeous, spidermom!

Curlsgirl
July 18th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Nothing like a good blowout once in a while! Hee hee! I love the color and wouldn't mess with it if I had natural color like that! :thud: (makes self at home and waits on name of second conditioner :D )

jessie58
July 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, talk about beautiful hair. Every time I see a new picture your hair is looking more beautiul.

Cinnia
July 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
:agape:

Your hair, the color, the shine...
It's just stunning, both pics :heart:
I would kill for hair like that, 'couse one thing's for sure; my BSL-lenght, veryvery blonde swedish hairdo will NEVER look like that :disbelief.
It's nice in its own way though ;)

EvaSimone
July 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I know I am just echoing what everyone else has said but I can't help myself...

Your hair is just gorgeous, in both the before and the after pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

You've also got me crossing my fingers so I can find a stylist like yours. :D

xrosiex
July 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Wow Spidermom!!!! Your hair is so pretty. Great color text and shine. Thanks for sharing.:)

Indigo Girl
July 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM
spidermom, your hair looks fantastic! :flower:

And I love the color as well. :bluesmile

DecafJane
July 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Wow, those pictures look fantastic!!

Missie
July 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Spidermom, that second product the stylist used on your hair, it wasn't Joico Hydrator was it ? I've read that those two products are recommended to be used together

Paniscus
July 18th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Well, your hair is always beautiful before and after and even short (yep, the pixie was adorable). So yeah, it's still lookin' very pretty! Very shiny and smooth in the after pic; nice! :thumbsup:

Patrycja
July 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I love the results! But I thought your hair is amazing even before ;)

Carolyn
July 18th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Lovely, just lovely. I love getting my hair all straight and blow dried now and then. It's such a fun change.

TammySue
July 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Very pretty!!

SweetPea88
July 18th, 2008, 08:43 PM
SM your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! The shine, the length, the smoothness, the color...everything! :D I'm so jealous (but happy!) that you have such a great and supportive stylist to work with. Thanks for sharing it with us!

girlcat36
July 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
It looks so pretty, Spidermom!

Mrs_Zombie
July 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Gorgeous!!

Chrissy
July 19th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Spidermom,

Gee, your hair looks terrific! ;) (by the way, anyone remember that ad? :) ).

What an awesome hair day you must've had. :)

Yes it was a shampoo called "Gee your hair smells terrific" I had forgotten about that one. Spidermom beautiful hair. I use a Joico product and really love it.

paper
July 19th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Spidermom, your hair looks gorgeous! :heartbeat Before and After. It is great to have a hairdresser you can trust, isn't it?

paper
July 19th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Yes it was a shampoo called "Gee your hair smells terrific" I had forgotten about that one.

Oh my goodness! I used to use that shampoo when I was a teenager in the 70's. :cheese:

AutumnLeaves
July 19th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Your hair is so beautiful, my friend. It is just purely gorgeous, both before and after. I love it!

n3m3sis42
July 19th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Your hair looks so pretty (in both the Before and After pics)! It's so nice to hear about happy salon experiences, and I am glad that you and your hair are happy. :)

harley mama
July 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Spidermom, your hair is beautiful- before and after.
It looks so silky and shiny after the treatments.

pookatrina
July 19th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Stunning!!

maskedrose
July 20th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Masked Rose, you know I wouldn't miss a girl's day with you for ANYTHING. When you're ready for a trim, I'm ready. Even if it's tomorrow.

Hurray for girl's days!! Hehe you're too cute :)

GlassEyes
July 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
That's some really awesome hair right there. I especially like the color, but it looks soft too.

You should probably pick her brain as to what the conditioner was. xD

Pegasus Marsters
July 20th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Your hair looks so shiny! And look at that colour! :face:

Vainjane
July 20th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Verry pretty. It's hard to find a stylest that doesn't try to hack off inches.