PDA

View Full Version : Coffee rinse results! Worked this time!

mzBANGBANG
February 8th, 2012, 05:17 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9408&pictureid=125980

I did this a couple days ago, only left it on for 5 minutes and barely noticed a difference aside from a few slightly darker sections.

Tonight, I left the medium roast coffee on for about 40 minutes and instead of washing out with shampoo (another place I went wrong before) I just conditioned it for a few minutes and then rinsed everything out.

I don't think this is going to last very long, but sometimes I just want a little change without using the 2-week-rule. I like it! I feel slightly warmer already. :)

As far as how my hair feels... the underneath is still damp so it's kind of stringy, but the dry parts are pretty soft. It doesn't seem shiner (wasn't it supposed to add shine?). I'm hoping the caffeine I applied to my scalp will stimulate hair growth.

door72067
February 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
pretty

did it leave a coffee scent behind?

Cocoa_Crema
February 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I wonder if it helps to add shine? Also, I've heard the caffeine can stimulate follicle growth.

Cara Heather
February 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
that is awesome :) it looks good

melusine963
February 12th, 2012, 02:56 AM
How interesting! I've never heard of doing a coffee rinse before, but I love the smell so that's all the more reason to look into this.

MonaMayfair
February 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
That IS interesting. I'm glad you got a result this time!

mzBANGBANG
February 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone! My update is it has all washed out. I like the idea of caffeine stimulating growth (easier to do than monistat) so I might do it again for that reason. Otherwise, it was a lot of work for little pay off -- the best results were the night of the rinse. I'm more likely to try honey lightening next.

jen023
February 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
mzBANGBANG (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=44695) how do you do it a coffe rinse and benefit?

Thats stimulating growth?
I would try.

mzBANGBANG
February 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Caffeine is supposed to stimulate growth. I pour a cool cup of coffee over my hair and catch the coffee in a bucket so I can keep reusing it to pour over. It does leave a coffee smell for a day. Let it soak in your hair for up to an hour I'd say. If you do it repeatedly in one day it will significantly darken your hair, temporarily.

misspurdy06
February 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Great results. Maybe if you left it on overnight. It would turn out darker but would take longer to fade.