PDA

View Full Version : Deep oil treatment, condition, and THEN shampoo?

SoulOfTheSea
February 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
So, this has been on my mind for a while but I have not had the chance to try it, yet.

My question is, has anyone ever done a deep oil treatment and then when taking a shower, you condition your hair to get the oil out and THEN shampoo?

The reason I'm wondering this is that perhaps this could make the hair really shiny, soft, and manageable? The shampooing would take out the conditioner after it has done its job, so your hair would still be properly moisturized...

I don't know where I'm going with this but I hope some of you guys will see my reasoning and perhaps some of you have even tried this! :silly:

ETA: I'm not talking about CWC, as there would be no further conditioning after the shampoo.

cfreya
February 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Yes, I have done this and it worked great, when I shampooed after conditioning to get the oil out I kind of used the CWC method and covered the hair up to my ears in conditioner before only shampooing the scalp to make sure the moisture wasnt stripped from my ends

But then my ends are extremely dry and damaged so you might be fine just shampooing as usual

Try it and let us know how it goes !

spidermom
February 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Yes, sometimes I do it exactly this way: apply deep conditioner to length, relax in the bathtub, get under the shower and wet scalp, wash scalp area with diluted shampoo, rinse. Done! I like the results. Sometimes I oil first, sometimes not.

CaityBear
February 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I usually deep oil then condition to get it out, then do my conditioner again as CO washing. I don't use shampoo because it dries my hair out and makes it staticy but I do soak in conditioner to get my oil out then wash my hair.

Glorylocks
February 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I've done something similar to this before. When my hair is feeling particularly dry or I just feel like babying it I coat my hair from roots to tips with coconut oil. I put my hair up in a braid or I dutch braid it and I wait anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours before I wash it out. (The time just depends on whether I'm busy or not.) I shampoo my scalp first and then run the bubbles down my length and the coconut oil has already soaked into my hair so I don't have a need to use conditioner! =)

longhairedlady
February 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I heavily oil my hair before I wash my hair once a week. My hair is usually soaked with oil, I shampoo the scalp, rinse with warm water, condition the length, rinse with warm water, then condition again, and rinse with cold water. I rarely shampoo the length and if I do I just squeeze the suds from my scalp down the length.

Vanilla
February 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I defintely do this as well! If I do an oil treatment, I'll do the conditioner first, then shampoo. It helps keep the oily bits on the ends.

This also works if my hair is super oily from sebum and I've stretched my wash to 4 or so days. It works really well to keep the moisture in my hair :)

jennyjukes
February 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
i oil overnight, condition my length while hair is DRY for an hour or two, wet my hair and shampoo straight away. then i condition again :)

rachel809
February 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ok this is likely a newbie question, however I looked up some articles and couldn't find and answer.

When you are talking about "deep oil treatment," do you mean something like SMT or a deep conditioner?

Thanks!

woolyleprechaun
February 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I do this. I put conditioner on my hair after a heavy oiling and before I wet it (its in the 'articles' under 'removing heavy oilings' I think) but I still shampoo after rinsing the conditioner out. I find it leaves my hair big, bouncy and shiny :)

CastaDiva
February 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Ok this is likely a newbie question, however I looked up some articles and couldn't find and answer.

When you are talking about "deep oil treatment," do you mean something like SMT or a deep conditioner?

Thanks!
Hi:) A deep oil treatment means that an oil, like coconut or evoo (extra virgin olive oil) is applied to the hair before washing it.

SoulOfTheSea
February 11th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I will have to experiment and give this a go. I will post results when I do. :)