PDA

View Full Version : Honey Lightening HELP

Pazita!
February 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I've virgin hair, and it progressively gets lighter, so the ends are a lot lighter than the roots. Like 3+ shades lighter! Like I said the color change is progressive so it isn't that noticeable unless I place the ends next to my roots.
I was thinking about honey lightening to even my hair color, but I have a question if I apply it to my roots, when my hair grows again I will have darker roots and look like dyed hair? Or the lightening isn't that dramatic? Should I even the hair color or do should I leave it like it is now??

ktani
February 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I've virgin hair, and it progressively gets lighter, so the ends are a lot lighter than the roots. Like 3+ shades lighter! Like I said the color change is progressive so it isn't that noticeable unless I place the ends next to my roots.
I was thinking about honey lightening to even my hair color, but I have a question if I apply it to my roots, when my hair grows again I will have darker roots and look like dyed hair? Or the lightening isn't that dramatic? Should I even the hair color or do should I leave it like it is now??

You can make the lightening more gradual by mixing honey with a light conditioner 2 to 1 ETA: 2 parts conditioner to 1 part honey - but - once lightened it is permanent and your roots will grow in darker and lighten as your hair "weathers" from exposure to the elements.

If as you say it is not all that noticable you may prefer to leave the colour as is considering that most people have a variance with their natural hair colour as their hair grows longer.

blondie9912
February 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I find honey lightening to be ideal for that purpose because it doesn't make a dramatic difference in your hair from just one use. In my experience, it has just accentuated my existing natural highlights, making my hair look a touch 'brighter'. I don't think you could get roots from it, really.

Alex Lou
February 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Honey lightening is very mild. Count yourself lucky if you can definitely see results. There will be no line of demarcation.

GaJunebug
February 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Would a brown-reddish hair benefit from honey? I guess what I'm asking is would there be much lightening that would happen on hair this dark?

Back in the 80's I used my Momma's recipe to lighten hair- the one she used in the 50's. I'm sure you'll cringe when I share the recipe - it was one lemon squeezed mixed with a good pour of hydrogen peroxide and applied with a cotton ball. Once the areas you wanted lightened were saturated with the solution, you sat in the sun for it to really activate. I guess it was better than using a product like Sun-in.

But, if I'm looking to lighten and brighten, would honey be an option or is it best for blonde hair?

Amber_Maiden
February 8th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Honey lightening is very subtle. I'd actually leave my hair alone if I wear you, as hair tend sot vary in colour as it grows- it actually looks more natural with when the tones varies as suppose dot one uniform colour.