PDA

View Full Version : Hair dreams

kaiakai
February 8th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Last night I dreamed that I braided my hair. It may have started off as me braiding someone else's hair into some sort of intricate braids, but later on in the dream it was my hair, braided into two english braids. The funny thing was that the braids started off thick, but halfway down became super, super skinny. I realized (in my dream) that I must have gone overboard with my S&D'ing....

I want to read about your hair dreams, whether you dream about your hair being longer than it is, shorter than it is, different color, etc :)

eicamawa
February 8th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I dreamed that I cut my bangs short again, and now they were just a an inch or something were I parted my hair, and then became just longer and longer down my face. And aslo one of the sides, the one I had most of my hair on (The part was on the left side), was cut short some places. Like and half inch or something. The rest of my hair was long thought...

Terra
February 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Believe it or not, I just had a hair dream last night...
I dreamed, that I stretched one strand and it was hip length!!!!!!! :happydance::joy::applause

That was such a wonderful dream!! :love: :sleep:

Shesta
February 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I'm having this regular dream of my hair falling out and leaving a rather big bald spot right on top of my head. It is extremely depressing and I don;t know how to get rid of this dream. It is very persistent, occurring almost every other night.

jasper
February 23rd, 2012, 04:34 AM
I dreamed that I hacked off a lot of my hair last night. I was thinking I could cut off about 1 foot of hair and use it for something. And my hair was incredibly thick (which it isn't) in the dream so it was a lot of hacking and sawing with the scissors to get through it. I thought this was going to look bad then reminded myself I could wear it up all the time. Then I started to worry about the remaining length in the dream being too short for up-dos and having to learn them all over for that length, so I looked in my dream mirror and somehow that cut of 1 foot left me with waist length hair. It should have been more like BSL, but the dream adjusted the length for me. I think that means I was dreaming it was longer before cutting. And since it only took me to waist length, I started thinking the cut hadn't been such a bad idea after all.

kaiakai
February 23rd, 2012, 04:49 AM
Oh, I'm glad this thread popped up again. I had a hair dream the other night and meant to post it here... but now I can't remember it exactly.
I remember I went to comb my hair and it was in all these ringlets... on closer inspection I was surprised to discover some of my peyote stitch wraps in my hair... and my old dreads!

kaiakai
February 23rd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Believe it or not, I just had a hair dream last night...
I dreamed, that I stretched one strand and it was hip length!!!!!!! :happydance::joy::applause

That was such a wonderful dream!! :love: :sleep:

Wonderful until you wake up, anyway :D

kaiakai
February 23rd, 2012, 04:51 AM
I'm having this regular dream of my hair falling out and leaving a rather big bald spot right on top of my head. It is extremely depressing and I don;t know how to get rid of this dream. It is very persistent, occurring almost every other night.

Try some lucid dreaming techniques? I fooled around with lucid dreaming years ago and found it very interesting.

CherrySilver
February 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
I had a fantastic dream last night -- my hair was mid-calf length. The most unusual part of the dream was that I could definitely feel the sensation of my hair brushing against my calves. It felt soooo pleasant. In my dream I remember worrying that it would get tangled if I wore it down and loose much longer!

InkBones
February 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Last night I had a dream that my hair was hip length (yay!), but bleached ultra white and streaked throughout with red bands! I kept lecturing myself in my dream how thoughtless I was to fry it. Everyone kept telling me how it didn't look good, and after waking up, well, now I know blonde isn't the color for me. It really didn't suit me! I can't wait for it to get that long though, especially considering how thick it is. <3

Tisiloves
February 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
I had a horrid nightmare where I was in the supermarket and someone came up behind me and chopped a chunk from the top of my head. When it was dropped into my hand in was two loose dreds, which made me really annoyed, I could have easily combed them out. Then when I went to look in the mirror my hair was in a semi-mohican and I was bald in patches. Even in the dream tho, I was thrilled with the signs of new growth in the bald patches.

shudder:

BlondieHepburn
March 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I dreamt last night that someone was behind me, brushing my hair or something. Then I heard a big *chop* sound, and I turned around to see that they had just cut off like 6+ inches from my length. Obviously I was very upset, and remember lamenting the many months it took for me to reach near-waist, and now I was back above BSL. :wail:
Serious hair-nerd dream.

bluebird77
March 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I had a lucid dream the other night. Instead of choosing to fly (my normal MO) I chose to grow my hair (such an obsessive hair nerd). First it was at waist, then hip, then long enough to twirl in my fingertips with my arms fully stretched. Cool dream. Then I flew ;)

melusine963
March 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
That sounds like the state of my hair a year ago. My braid got super skinny not just from S&Ding, but also from general damage (hairs having broken off because I brushed carelessly, etc.). I'm glad yours was just a dream because it's taken me all year and an 8 inch 'trim' from a scissor-happy hairdresser to get a bit of thickness back in my ends.

icallitbliss
March 6th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I dreamt last night that my hair was starting to hit chin length. Honestly, I think I'm extremely depressed that I actually trimmed what little length I had the other day. I shouldn't have done it...I feel like I'll never even hit ear length now. *sigh* :(

Long_hair_bear
March 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I had a terrible dream a few nights ago that someone cut chunks out of my hair.... Short chunks!

Savahead
March 6th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I only ever recall one dream that involved hair. It was a nightmare to say the least. I was sleeping within my dream, and when I awoke, every last hair had shed off of my head and was lying there on my pillow. I remember asking other people in my dream (most of which also had the same problem as I) if there was any way to reattach it to my scalp, but do not recall if we were successfull. Quite a bad dream.

PinkyCat
March 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I have the best hair dreams! I also dream about hair products. I dream that I have bangs, or a different color, or am at the beauty store shopping (which are my favorite). Some times I dream about other people's hair too.

And I can always fly at will :D

Pinkster8
March 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
The other night I had a dream I blowfryed my hair and tried to straighten it - it was gummy, breaking and fuzzy. Awful!

Lady Neeva
March 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I dreamt once that my hair with cut into a bowl shaped haircut. *shiver*. Another time, it was my teeth being pulled out. I think it was because I was pulling my hair in my sleep.

Dorothy
March 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I have a lot of anxiety dreams, and my hair dreams follow the same pattern....I have radiation sickness and my hair is falling out.... Someone cuts a chunk out of my hair....etc. Probably if I keep focusing on my hair for more years, I might produce a happy hair dream. I've been focused on thrifting forever, and I have many bad thrifting dreams (I find fabulous things, people take them out of my cart, I can't find the checkout, I don't have any cash) and some good thrifting dreams, where I find reams and reams of really old stuff. I'd love a dream of calf length hair.

jacqueline101
March 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I had a dream on time that my hair was tail bone length. When I woke up it was my normal length.

Springpaw
April 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I had this very strange hair dream a while ago.

I had hair down to my hips, and what was really weird was that it was superthick on one side, and superthin on the other (I could barely get my hands around one side, and the other was like my normal, fine, hair)
I braided it and it became this superweird uneven braid. And then I put it all up in a bun (I have no idea how to do a bun with a braid in real life though:confused: ) And the bun was almost bigger than my head!

It was just superweird! I wouldn't mind the lenght in real life, but the unevenness was really annoying!

It's really fun reading about everyone else's dreams, the happy ones that is :D

Tealpuffin
April 5th, 2012, 04:16 AM
I had my first hair dream last night and it was that my hair was suddenly waist length. considering it is 9" fro apl - waist, i somehow do not think it will happen over night :(

Manzanilla
April 5th, 2012, 04:40 AM
I had a dream some time ago and in it my hair was about hip length. I had just got my braid out and I couldn`t believe how long it was so the rest of the dream was about me moving my hair from one side to the other making sure it was real :confused:
One day it will be true and I will have the hair of my dream, I hope! :eyebrows:

MaryMarx
April 7th, 2012, 05:53 AM
My last hair dream was a really nice one.

I had long, golden blonde curls. Real princess hair. I grabbed a curl and pulled it straight, it was beyond waist. So happy!!
Somehow I had benign-neglected my hair into WL and blonde... ;)
I also remember thinking "have to post pictures on LHC."

Sunny_side_up
April 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM
The other night i dreamt my APL hair was at hip/passing hip, the hemline was sorta weird, as one side was a couple inches shorter than the other! I was searching for a camera too to put on a pic here of my speedy 6months growth!;) Imagine if it grew that quick!!:D

Mayflower
April 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Two years ago I dreamt that I had the long, straight and blonde hair that I had when I was a kid. I remember thinking what a weird feeling it was to feel hair tickling my back. Not long after that I started growing it out!

PinkyCat
April 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I had a good hair dream.

I dreamed of someone I had a crush on back in high school who didn't know I existed. In my dream he was there, but still didn't acknowledge my presence, so I figured ah whatever, & turned way from him. The moment my shiny waist-length raven curls were facing him, he was immediately drawn to me! :p

Ahhh long hair - the silent seducer!! :eyebrows:

Honeyfall
April 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have this recurring theme in my dreams about hair; I always dream that I've cut my hair to shoulder length. I never actually see the cut happen, but at some point in the dream I will catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or run my fingers through my hair and realize that it must have happened recently. This is always followed by a paralysing wave of remorse, and I spend the rest of the dream wondering why I cut it and wishing I hadn't. This is the only time my hair plays much of a part in my dreams, but it comes up perhaps every three months or so.

It's always a huge relief to wake up from those ones...