PDA

View Full Version : Not sure I still want my hair to grow longer

Renate
February 7th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I'm not sure I still want my hair to grow to Waist. Now that I'm taking proper care of it and it's the healthiest it has ever been, I think I'll stay with BSL. I look in the mirror and it looks long to me..

BSL (or like I call, nipple lenght :D) is the longest my hair has ever been, but by the time it got to this lenght, it was so damaged (even when my hair was natural!) I had to cut it back to APL... So to me this is already quite a victory. My ends now are almost as soft as the roots, and I don't need to worry about hairstylists anymore, since I can trim my own hair. I made the changes in my routine very recently, so the condition of my hair is likely to improve over time.

I do want it to grow, but it's not like a goal to me anymore, I guess. I'm happy with whatever happens now, if it grows longer or if I maintain this lenght. :)

I want to thank you all, if it wasn't for LHC, by now I would probably be at APL again.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2089/fev7.jpg
(Hiding my face behind a textbook about neurosis :P Also, my natural color is dirty blonde. There is a color accurate picture in my album)

Kelikea
February 7th, 2012, 05:03 AM
It looks great. I think you should let it grow. If it was damaged or dry, then maybe not. But since it looks so healthy, you should just enjoy the journey:)

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Your hair looks great. It would look great long but if you're happy so am I.

turtlelover
February 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I like the length that it is now, but remember that you can always cut if you aim for waist and then decide it isn't for you. You really aren't losing anything by giving it a try if it is something you've always wanted.

The Beldam
February 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Your hair would be beautiful at any length, so glossy and healthy looking!

louwulf
February 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. Do whatever makes you happy.

dwell_in_safety
February 7th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Your hair is beautiful and looks extremely healthy. I'd say you're free to do whatever you want with it. If I decided to stop growing my hair before it hit my initial goal, I would probably still post here. It's an excellent resource for hair care either way.

beachgirlla
February 7th, 2012, 07:57 AM
You hair is very beautiful and I like it as is, I always say healthy hair = long hair, not matter how long it is as long as its APL or below, do not get so obsessed about it, it is good that you feel you have reached some goal :D

Madora
February 7th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Renate, as long as you're happy with your hair, that is all that is important! Judging from your pictures, you've taken very good care of it and it looks healthy and lovely! Hair doesn't have to be long to be beautiful!

PixxieStix
February 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I think the biggest victory of all is being happy with your hair and the condition it is in. Congratulations on reaching that place! Your hair is lovely. :)

Lucky
February 7th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I agree with PixxieStix, the main thing is that you are happy with your hair. It's a huge accomplishment to have improved the condition of your hair - now you get to enjoy having healthy hair at the length you like :)

Maelyssa
February 7th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Your hair is beautiful & healthy...congratz on the length and improvements you've made. I think whether you maintain the length where it's at or continue to grow it will be long and lovely in either case. Great work!

tokidokichi
February 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I envy you, I wish I could be happy with BSL! I think a care free attitude is the way to go ^_^

HintOfMint
February 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM
It looks gorgeous!

And it's a blessing to be happy with what you have.

theodora
February 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and only you know what length feels right for you. There is no reason to feel pressured to grow or cut, it goes both ways.
It's good that you're happy with the state of your hair, I think that is what a lot of people aspire to here, it's not about goal lengths and numbers, but more how your hair feels, so congrats!

pixietail
February 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
When your hair is giving you more hassle than joy, then it's too long for you. Only you can decide when you reach that point. But whatever length you decide to go, your hair looks lovely! I love how shiny and soft it looks.

torrilin
February 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
It's not an all or nothing thing. If you decide today to maintain, your hair will not stop growing. It will only stop growing when you're dead. So if you decide in the future that you do want waist, all you have to do is... slow down your trims.

For what it's worth, I mostly would get trims because my split ends were annoying me, and otherwise I'd put my hair up and ignore it. If that's a comfortable routine for you, your hair probably will get longer no matter what.

Euphoria.Dame
February 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
The color and health are great, it would look legendary at waist length :(

lunalocks
February 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
You have beautiful hair and you sound like me about 4 years ago. I continued to take care of my hair, trim regularly but very little, and now it is at hip and healthier than it has ever been. You may find that happens to you. The main thing is that you are happy, and it seems that you are!

Quixii
February 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I think the biggest victory of all is being happy with your hair and the condition it is in. Congratulations on reaching that place! Your hair is lovely. :)
Exactly what I was thinking!