PDA

View Full Version : Hair ends and buns...

unknown
February 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM
I bought some hairsticks yesterday and tried to use them. My problem is the ends of the bun, I don't know how to tuck them behind the bun without them falling down again and ruining the whole bun. How do I fasten the ends without using any hairpin/elastic?

supbanana
February 7th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Hm, I think this depends on what bun you're doing.

For instance, with the cinna-bun, I wrap my hair around and tuck my ends under the bun, then weave the hair stick through the bun, trapped ends and scalp hair to secure them.

For the lazy wrap, I tug my ends until they're at the bottom of the bun (if the ends are at the top, they'll stick up like a flag) and that keeps them secure.

So... different buns, different techniques, imo.

Amarante
February 7th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Hm, I think this depends on what bun you're doing.

For instance, with the cinna-bun, I wrap my hair around and tuck my ends under the bun, then weave the hair stick through the bun, trapped ends and scalp hair to secure them.

This, I think. When you weave the stick through your hair it usually is enough pressure to hold the ends when they are tucked up behind your bun.

white.chocolate
February 7th, 2012, 03:10 AM
I also think it depends on the bun. Apart from that, it also depends on the length of your hair. BSL may be short for some buns as you will need more hair to prevent the tails from falling off.

unknown
February 7th, 2012, 05:52 AM
It's a cinnabun I'm trying to do, and the hairstick won't hold the tail pieces...Is there any way I can tuck the pieces "inside" the bun or base?

styric
February 7th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Are you first sticking in the airstick facing away from your head, over the ends thencollecting scalp hair then reversing the stick through the bun while keeping the hair on the tip?

Anywhere
February 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure how much of a tail you are leaving to be tucked under, but perhaps you could make the tail longer? The longer length wrapped around the base of the bun should prevent the ends from slipping out.

I tend to have like, maybe 4 inches or so of hair that is "tucked" under my bun, otherwise it slips out.

ETA: I made a picture because I'm bad at putting my thoughts into words. Lol. This might not make much sense either.
But yeah. I personally find it helpful to leave more of a tail.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9042&pictureid=125890

ETA: don't leave too much though, otherwise it will turn into a bee butt bun, but try leaving a liiittle bit more if you're only leaving like an inch of ends or so. If you're already leaving a lot of ends, then ignore my post. :o

unknown
February 7th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Thank you! That solves it. I always leave a tail of 1/2 inch under the bun so that makes sense.