PDA

View Full Version : Hair that "bends" to one side.

Tomoyo
February 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Anyone else's hair do the same thing as mine (in the second pic in my signature)? It ALWAYS "bends" toward the right like that, no matter what I do! It's not like it bothers me; it's just curious. Is it because I dry with the blowdryer in my right hand?

battles
February 6th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Mine did this til it got to shoulder length, which was heavy enough to weigh it down.

I didn't ever use a blow dryer, mine just air dried like that.

owlathena
February 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Mine always does it to the left. You can see a couple examples in my albums I think. I used to blame it on bunning, but I recently noticed that it does it even when its been air dried down. :shrug:

owlathena
February 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
as seen here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6952&pictureid=119618

sfgirl
February 6th, 2012, 11:41 PM
My hair is wavy, 2b status on one side and 1a status on the other, hair can have a mind of it's own.

Qlarity
February 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
My hair has always done exactly that - which is why I think I might be a 1b hair type instead of 1a. The good thing is that the weight of your hair will start pulling it down and that slight bend won't show after you reach BSL.

kidari
February 7th, 2012, 12:42 AM
The bottom part of my hair always seem to do that too. It kind of bothers me but now I kind of like it just like FTE. I don't know sometimes I don't like it and sometimes I really like it.

joflakes
February 7th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Yes mine does this unless I straighten it. Mainly in the fringe area to the left, it's a bit annoying but I know when it is longer it'll straighten out!

supbanana
February 7th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Yup, until it hit about BSL, and now it either bends inwards towards my back or flips out depending on what length it is.

Avital88
February 7th, 2012, 12:58 AM
it are just waves that cant come out because it isnt long enough :) wait and seeee

Katze
February 7th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Like they said, waves.

Mine 'flips' up on the ends at anything above neck length. Below shoulder, it is wavy with lazy spiral curls. Before I knew I was a wavy, I spent ages, and lots of heat and product, and resulting damage, trying to make these 'bends' stop. :)

Kira94
February 7th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Yes, mine always did that when I had a bob. It's turned into waves now that my hair is longer. :)

jacqueline101
February 7th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Mine used to do it. Then it stopped about arm pit length to bra strap length.

dwell_in_safety
February 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
That looks like the beginning of a wave to me. Time will tell. :) Sometimes hair is just silly.

spidermom
February 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I would guess that's your natural wave pattern.

Silver Swan
February 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
When I had a bob style haircut one side would sit under nicely and the other side would also "bend" the same way and flick out. I don't think I ever got a bend in the back like you have :-)

Interesting the commenters who mention it is the start of a wave. I thought I was 1a when I signed up here and have since changed my mind

Silver Swan
February 7th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention that I almost never blow dry my hair. The only way I could get rid of the unruly bend was blow drying that side around a hair brush.

longhairedlady
February 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Yep mu hair did that when it was short. Now it has waves now that is pretty long.

AnimaSola3o4
February 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM
FWIW; I think it's really cute!! My hair used to do this kind of thing when it was shorter.