PDA

View Full Version : My Caruso Rollers Arrived!!

HintOfMint
February 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
So after much hemming and hawing, the enabling of this forum got to me and I ordered a set, and I picked it up today!

I'm going to wash my hair tonight, and set my hair tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

door72067
February 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM
it must be in the air! I rummaged out my set tonight and had a play with it

have fun!! :)

HelloKitteh
February 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Pictures please or it didn't happen :p

Synnovea
February 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
These use steam, right? Does that mean less damage than heat or none?

HintOfMint
February 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM
it must be in the air! I rummaged out my set tonight and had a play with it

have fun!! :)

It most certainly has been in the air, that and chelating and mineral oil! I'm trying only one thing at a time, but the enabling has been strong.

Pictures please or it didn't happen :p

I will make it a point to take pictures. I'm usually so lazy about it, and a bit embarrassed to ask my roommates to snap a few photos, but I'll do it.

Indeed, they use steam and are supposed to be notoriously damage-free. I'm not concerned at all about them damaging my hair and I'm usually pretty touchy about heat.

HintOfMint
February 8th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I took pictures! They're in my album.

So far, I'm in love with them. There was a bit of frizz but I'll either steam them for a shorter period of time, or I'll add a touch of oil when I shake out the curls. It's just really nice to feel like my hair is "done." Lately damp-bunning hasn't been doing it for me, and I think this is a really great way to get the look I want. It was surprisingly quick and easy. I did my whole head in about 15 minutes maybe, and left the rollers in for 45 minutes.

chou
February 8th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Yay, congratulations! I checked out your pictures and your curls look totally gorgeous!

Grillz
February 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Gorgeous hair!

hehe... I just ordered a set yesterday. :blushing: Sshhhhh

Shermie Girl
February 8th, 2012, 10:05 PM

No damage. The rollers are about the temperature of a warm face cloth by the time you transfer the roller from the steamer to the tress you are going to roll. :D

UltraBella
February 9th, 2012, 02:33 AM
HintOfMint, I am so glad you like them !!!!!!!

HelloKitteh
February 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yep, great pictures :cheese:

BrightEyes
February 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I just took a look in your album and your curls turned out beautiful!!! I love my caruso steam rollers. They are all I use to style my hair now.

sarahbrownie
February 12th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Is it really damage free?

I gave up heat for NYE resolution, I kind of want to stick with that after all the damage flat-ironing has done to my hair. Still, I would love a non-damaging styling alternative to special occasions and pictures opportunities.

BrightStarPoet
February 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
It's totally in the air- my Caruso set arrived yesterday! It was my non-wash day (I wash every other day, at the mo), and I had some coney leave-in still in my hair, but I went ahead and rolled my hair up anyways. Mistake! Result was a frizzy, uncurled mess.

I clarified and did SMT this morning (come-free), still waiting for hair to dry completely so I can try again.

I'll make sure to check out your results, HintOfMint, once I'm allowed to see albums. :) I love seeing Caruso successes! So glad you are loving your rollers!

curlsgalore
March 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
At folica.com you can purchas a set of six exta rollers in One size...petite-jumbo sizes. I'm going to pick me up the Caruso set at Sally's today and if I like them, I will order extras from folica. Also, folica usually has some sort of sale going on...usually advertised on top of page?..right now, 20% off producs with 4 stars or more.

http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-rol...al-roller-pack