PDA

View Full Version : Metal beak clip

PrairieRose
February 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I just got a new metal beak clip for my hair. I used it for a few days but not in a row. I just noticed a clump of damaged hair!:( It was all crinkly like it got caught in a zipper. I am battling damage to begin with, but I don't normally see damage like this. Does anyone think it could be from the clip? Has anyone used them? What is your experience?:confused:

Siiri
February 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Maybe it got caught in the hinge?

I've had one, I remember hearing a lot of snapping and ripping even when I was trying to insert it or take it out very carefully :( The clip had very sharp teeth, which I think was what caused the breakage. It was very pretty, but I don't use it anymore.

PrairieRose
February 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Anyone?? Just wondering if the clips are a big problem with damage or they are o.k at least for every so often?

PrairieRose
February 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Maybe it got caught in the hinge?

I've had one, I remember hearing a lot of snapping and ripping even when I was trying to insert it or take it out very carefully :( The clip had very sharp teeth, which I think was what caused the breakage. It was very pretty, but I don't use it anymore.
That is a good point, I will watch for the hinge part!

patienceneeded
February 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I worry about this with my ficcare, as it is metal with metal teeth. When I wear it I make sure that it is completely open that that the metal "teeth" do not touch any hair as I slide the ficcare into my hair. Same thing when I remove it, I fully open the jaws and make sure that the teeth are free of hair before sliding it out. The first time I used it I know I damaged some hair, simply because I wasn't aware that I needed to be very careful with those teeth!

rock007junkie
February 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
That's why I've switched to using hair sticks. Even my very expensive ficcare pulls some of my hair sometimes and I'm completely terrified by it.

PrairieRose
February 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the tips:) I will have to be more careful when I use it and see if I can avoid the damage! I hope I can use it sometimes, I do like the look of the clip!

darklion
February 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I have several metal beak clips (they're so strong, they seemed to be the only thing that held my hair up at the time) and yes I do believe they can cause mild damage to your hair. However, If you are alternating the beak clips with other hair toys, I think you will be just fine.
This should be easy because who wants to wear their hair the same way everyday?? :)

mzBANGBANG
February 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Mine is metal but no teeth. I break more hair when braiding than I do with the beak clip.