PDA

View Full Version : Operation, shaving some hair... Worried!

PeachyWavy
February 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I've having surgery in a couple of weeks time, and appart from being absolutely terrified of needles and such, I've also got an added worry. They're going to shave some hair off, and my surgeon can't tell how much, due to the nature of the operation. I know it's not going to be too much- it's a couple of inches around my ear.

I'm really panicing. It's not making me so terrified to the extent I want to cancel the op or anything, there's far too much benefit for that. I appreciate that people have been through far worse, like chemo for example, with cancer there to boot. It's just I'm really worried, and being a teen, I'm sure you can sympathise how looks are important. :(

But... Well... I could just do with a bit of famous LHC advice! I'm going to have a lopsided chunk of hair going through a different length stage for quite a long time! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance guys!

turtlelover
February 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM
You could always add some clip in extensions to that area once it grows back a bit. A friend that got some of her hair caught in a paper shredder and had to cut did this.

woolyleprechaun
February 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
:( hope it goes well for you! I wouldnt worry about it, theres no telling how much and how it will look till its done. Im sure you could find a way of wearing your hair to disguise it while its shaved, and once its grown out agen it will blend in better :)

heidi w.
February 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I've having surgery in a couple of weeks time, and appart from being absolutely terrified of needles and such, I've also got an added worry. They're going to shave some hair off, and my surgeon can't tell how much, due to the nature of the operation. I know it's not going to be too much- it's a couple of inches around my ear.

I'm really panicing. It's not making me so terrified to the extent I want to cancel the op or anything, there's far too much benefit for that. I appreciate that people have been through far worse, like chemo for example, with cancer there to boot. It's just I'm really worried, and being a teen, I'm sure you can sympathise how looks are important. :(

But... Well... I could just do with a bit of famous LHC advice! I'm going to have a lopsided chunk of hair going through a different length stage for quite a long time! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance guys!

Everything will be ok in the end, even if there's some discomfort in the meanwhile. I've had lots of surgery most of my life. Lots.

Your family and friends mostly are concerned that you'll be ok.

I sympathize with what you're facing. But it'll all be ok.

heidi w.

MonaLisa
February 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Please keep thinking about positive results and happy things!
It's gonna be alright! :)

And the hair...hey check out my undercut! some people do it on purpose! ;)
around ear is highly hideable! and will grow out in no time!
And since you're a curly it will blend in already at summer!

Good luck!

Kaelee
February 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I was just going to say, UNDERCUT!

If you've ever wanted to try out some crazy short wild punk hairstyle....NOW is the time! Get some attitude and ROCK IT! :D

Best wishes for your surgery.

Sundial
February 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Please keep thinking about positive results and happy things!
It's gonna be alright! :)

And the hair...hey check out my undercut! some people do it on purpose! ;)
around ear is highly hideable! and will grow out in no time!
And since you're a curly it will blend in already at summer!

Good luck!

I was going to point out members with undercuts like MonaLisa and Avital88 who are rocking the look :o it's not visible when they leave their hair down

DoubleCrowned
February 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
You could chop some from the area in advance and make a switch from it to bobby-pin into a style later. It wouldn't cover the shaved area, but it might be a fun toy.

PixxieStix
February 6th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Good luck with the surgery!

I think side braids/buns would be a pretty easy way to disguise the area as the hair grows back.

darklion
February 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
lots of good ideas going on here. just know that people are there for you to listen, commiserate and collaborate on new hairdos. I have a feeling that the surgeon will make every effort to keep the hair patch small and you prolly will forget about it in no time!!!

Freckled.Thing
February 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I know a girl who intentionally shaved a large piece of hair around one ear. It looks pretty badass to be honest. I doubt it will be noticeable when you wear it down and once it grows out some more you can hide it in updos.

It sounds like you're going through a tough time but we're all rooting for you. I'm sure it will look fine. After all, when all is said and done it's just hair and it will grow back in time. Hope you're doing well. :grouphug:

sfgirl
February 6th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Maybe you can turn it into a trendy undercut for the time being. All the girls in my college have them right now. Than you can grow it out when everyone starts growing it out, and everyone will just be like "oh, she had an undercut too. The area you described sounded very undercut too. :)

Ava666
February 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
about 7 yrs ago my sis. had a surgery where they had to shave a little of the hair behind her ear, it was barely noticeable. I think most doctors will try to keep the shaving to a minimum.

Woods Nymph
February 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
My best friend shaved a chunk of hair around her ear, too. And let me just say, Freckled.Thing is totally right; it looks awesome. Her hair is about the same length as yours, PeachyWavy, & she's my age--I'm presumably not too much older than you. Since you're having surgery, you're obviously brave, so :rockerdud it, girl!
Good luck; I wish you all the best & a speedy recovery! :grouphug: